REMIND THE AMERICAN CANYON CITY COUNCIL

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
napaseller
Historian
Historian

REMIND THE AMERICAN CANYON CITY COUNCIL

Post by napaseller »

THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE ETHICS OF WALMART THO THEY SHOULD BE QUESTIONED.
THIS IS ABOUT THE COUNCIL AND ITS DIRECTION.
IN 2002, GOALS WERE SET BY THE COUNCIL BASED ON THE CONCERNS OF AMERICAN CANYON RESIDENTS WHICH THEY VOICED IN A QUESTIONAIRE WHICH HAD BEEN SENT TO THEM IN THEIR WATER BILL.
TO REMIND THE COUNCIL, THE TOP 3 CONCERNS FOR AMERICAN CANYON WERE:

66% ASKED FOR GROWTH CONTROL
50% REQUESTED ADDRESSING TRAFFIC PROBLEMS
44% WANTED HWY 29 CORRIDOR CLEANED UP

IT SEEMS TO ME AS IF THESE GOALS HAVE BEEN SET ASIDE WHILE WE LUST TO GET SOMETHING, ANYTHING GOING TO FILL UP THE SPACE AT NAPA JCT. I'M SURE THERE ARE OTHER DIRECTIONS THIS DEVELOPER COULD GO THAT WOULD BETTER BEFIT THESE GOALS.

LAST, WHAT GOOD ARE BUILDING CODES WHEN EVEN THE PLANNING COMMISSION DOESN'T FOLLOW THEM AND ALLOWS WAL-MART TO DICTATE TO THEM WHAT THEY WILL HAVE.
THIS INFORMATION CAN BE PICKED UP AT THE CITY CLERK'S OFFICE DURING BUSINESS HOURS.
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

You can also find some of these documents on the Visitor Information page of my site.

http://www.americancanyon.com/content/v ... anyon.html

More specifically, the document you are referring to about the goals/problems is at. http://www.americancanyon.com/news/fact1.gif

Post by Guest »

Lake Street Ventures could not build Phase 1 without monies from the sale of the land of Phase II. That is why Buzz Butler was willing to do and say anything to promote WalMart.

I personally am just anti-supercenter. In my research of newspapers, resident interviews, planning commision and city council documents I have been unable to locate where a public notice was sent out for the change in size of Phase 2 or that a supercenter was to be approved. I also spoke with Mark Joseph and asked him what newspapers were the public hearings posted in. He told me he would look in to it back in August. Still haven't heard back.

Our Planning Commission and City Council approved a blank sheet of paper. How is that responsible? Everyone keeps forgetting that Don Callison is on the planning commission who approved this.

This is why we the members of AmCam United for responisble growth are angry. If people would just get off their bumms and go to the library, planning commission and to the city offices to review planning commission and city council tapes they would realize how we were scammed. Oh and by the way the City Council tape for 12/18/03 is conveniently missing and they are not sure who checked it out.
NapaDude
Informant
Informant

Post by NapaDude »

Using Issa's document above ( the table ), it seems as though napaseller has gotten his figures wrong.

As I read the table, the number of people who asked for growth control was 66. The percentage was 12%. These figures are skewed in every entry that napaseller has complained about above.
napaseller
Historian
Historian

PLANNING COMMISSION MATH

Post by napaseller »

if my figures are askew, it's because i used the BUSH administration accounting practices and the PLANNING COMMISSION'S math. how else could i make a point?
NapaDude
Informant
Informant

Post by NapaDude »

LOL!

Fair enough! 8)
Tonie

Just the facts...

Post by Tonie »

After seeing all of the discussion about the 5th graders being transferred to the middle school, the increase in public dissatisfaction from a high number of calls to the city manager's office with regard to the police department, and the obvious lack of disclosure from some elected officials, I guess there is only one candidate that has their finger on the pulse of the community and that is Cindy Coffey.

Think about it. She has been critisized over and over about researching our own school district and police department. Why? As we grow are we not entitled to review options? How irresponsible is it to not?

Every article, editorial, or letter to the editor chastizes the woman for standing up to the old school. I say it is about time. If they can't realize the true potential of our community then let's elect someone who does. After all we tolerated the last 8 years and what do we have to show for it? Problems with water, problems with streets, problems with traffic, problems with schools, problems with losing businesses, problems with local services, problems, problems, problems.......

I am willing to give her a try, she is fresh, obviously not shaken by the crap people are slinging, willing to represent us with a smile, and willing to publish pertinent information about our community so we don't get caught with another Supercenter disaster. I also like her approach to an open proactive government and not reactive because it makes sense.

Hold developers to costs, hold contractors to costs, No more blank checks that are filled in later for expenses that is dangerous. No more blanket retail without restrictions and explicit direction from the developer and put it on the record. It is obvious we can't trust them so we need somebody who is willing to keep them in check.

What is not to like, she has the time, the willingness to serve, and most importantly the desire to listen. That is certainly more than most.
I will be casting my vote for Cindy Coffey on Tuesday.....

SENSE OF HUMOR

Post by guest »

Thank you, napadude, you are blessed with a sense of humor. :lol:
napaseller
NapaDude
Informant
Informant

Post by NapaDude »

I take offense to that... oh, wait... no I don't.

Never mind. :D
napaseller
Historian
Historian

IT WAS A SINCERE COMPLIMENT

Post by napaseller »

napadue,
sorry if my post :oops: was confusing. i meant it as a compliment.