Plans to widen American Canyon Road?

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
merryjester
Historian
Historian

Plans to widen American Canyon Road?

Post by merryjester »

Allo, world!

Heard a rumor from a birdie who has it on authority from the guy down the street that there are plans to widen AmerCyn Road to four lanes... Anyone out there know if there's any truth to this?

The birdie I heard it from was actually one of the folks at the sales counter over at Vintage Ranch (who I'm sure would LOVE for me to believe them), so I'm lookin' for some backup here.

How's about it, Canyoners?

thx
\:D/
1momfor2
Resident
Resident

Post by 1momfor2 »

Are you knew to the area? Thinking of moving in to the Ranch?
Yes there is truth to that statement.
However the widening is not suppose to start until most of the houses at the Ranch are built and occupied.
That way well will have all the traffic possible while working on it. :shock:
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Project sign on American Canyon Road

Post by Paul Maguire »

Here is a good idea gone bad. The city wants everyone in town to know the progress of the repairs and widening of AC Road. So they put up these big signs, staring in June- hey its now August, 2 months later, and we are 0% complete last I checked.

I wonder just how long the city will leave the progress bar empty?

Lets at least put a little red tape in the beginning so it looks like something been done, which it has. They have engineering done, plans done which are out for bid-

It is the small details that often get overlooked-
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Paul Maguire »

And who says public comment doesnt work? There is a little green line to indicate the project was started on 1 of the signs - at ac and broadway, none at Flosden and AC though- but at least someone was paying attention and got something done!