Last Night's Council Meeting

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Last Night's Council Meeting

Post by ac94503 »

I have not watched all of the tape of the meeting but did see the public comment portion. I would like to hear from others ( and I know you were either there or watched) what your take was on several of the residents and Council members comments.

My comments:

Mr. Garcia - The most impressive I have heard you speak in 4 years. You are quite the gentleman...

Ms. Bennett - Your right...I think many of the citizens hate the dirt...and this election has gotten absolutely nasty!

Ms. Coffey - I will give you credit for containing yourself under such criticism.

Mr. West - Maybe the best presentation I've seen from you yet.

Cory - You are right...The mailer I have received twice from Mr. Maguire is probably the lowest I have ever witnessed in many years here in AC.

Mr. Butler - You presented some very good feedback to several accusations regarding traffic. However, I think the question of traffic cannot really be addressed until "Walmart" is open regardless of the 60,000 that are already crawling though AC.

Ms. Knight - I'll be there next year for sure...Just what we need is the enthusiam you show to wake up this city. What better way than to provide entertainment for all ages.

Ms. Lemos - Maybe your not too old to take off those shoes and run through the green. I just might join you.
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

City Council Meeting

Post by mindingcitybiz »

Watching last nights city council meeting was hysterical. I just about peed my pants from laughing so hard. And you thought Schwartzneggar and Angelides campaign was the hottest election going... LOL

Cori :-({|=

Ed West :-({|=

Leon Garcia :-({|=

Cindy Coffey 8)
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Response to MCB's Post...

Post by ac94503 »

MCB...

I will ask you right out.

Do you think that the flyer that Mr. Maguire sent to every registered voter was ok? Your post was very disturbing to me and I'm sure to others in this community. But I look at it and realize that when people don't have any real contribution to offer they only have "f" you's or "happy faces"!

Mr. Maguire posted some time ago about his support of Tom Cruise vs Brooke Sheild regarding the use of antidepressants. Recently, I read that Tom has apologized for his comments to Brook. Has Mr. Maguire apologized to the father that had to resort to drugs for his child so his son could continue to be a student in one of our local grammar school?

Has Mr. Maguire ever walked into an institution that has to deal with patients that have no concept where they are or how will they ever get out? Mental illness affects more Americans than you could ever imagine.
It can happen to anyone in an instant!

Mr. Maguire, is this flyer your idea of "reaching across the aisle"?
I think that you have really taken "dirty politics" to a new level.

I'm shocked that people pay to attend any motivational seminar that you present.

You fooled me for a while but never again.
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Maguire

Post by mindingcitybiz »

I was responding to Thursdays City Council opening public and council comments. Cori, Ed and Leon insuated that Cindy had put out those flyers. Also Victor Riveria was telling someone in the audience "Your "F" pissing me off during closing comments. Their behaviors where inappropriate at a council meeting. The City Attorney and Mayor should have stopped them.

As far as Maguire goes this is his third election what has he done in the community and why would anyone vote for someone for mayor without any experience on City Council?
Frankie G
Informant
Informant

Post by Frankie G »

ac94503, What is you opinion on the Chamber's article? As far as I am concerned Dale should be investigated. Buzz Butler is on the board of directors. I can see him being a member as he does have business in our City, but he will be leaving when all is done. Why is he not on any other City's Chamber where his projects are going on? Also, did you see that he gave an address that would make viewers who may not know him the impression that he was a resident? He clearly should have said that his "business address" was what he claimed. I heard someone at Safeway say the other day that he is like Boss Hogg, out to control the town. As far as what you and MCB are speaking of, the impression was given that Maguire and Cindy are in cahoots and that can't be further from the truth. Maguire is a dissapointment, not the man at least "I" thought he was.
I am impressed that Cindy didn't respond to any of the bull that went on at the meeting. But there are other items that need investigating other than her paper. Just my2cents....
smrtamcan
Informant
Informant

Post by smrtamcan »

MCB, I watch those meetings and i must say that it appeared, you saw it differently, that what they said was that Mr. Maguire put out the hit piece on Leon in regards to the State hospital stuff, watch the video tape again. The other implications asked for an investigation of the newspaper, the like-kind exchange and reflections on the forms they fill out to show money for campaigning.
Let us go one more step, why don't we!, LETS ALL ASK THE HARD QUESTIONS OF THEM AT THE DEBATE AT THE CANYON OAKS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, WE WILL ALSO SEE WHO THINKS THIS TOWN IS IMPORTANT THAT THEY SHOW UP. NO EXCUSES, DENTAL APPOINTMENT WON'T EVEN COUNT, WE ARE WORTH A GREAT DEAL MORE.
We will talk about the mass handouts next time, with errors and errors.
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

smrtamcan

Post by mindingcitybiz »

There has already been a question and answer at the senior park. Which was not televised, nor was it reported in the papers. I remember Junes Elections the Eagle put on. It was all about character assassinations not about the issues. At least when Mark Joseph was running the forums they were well organized and televised. While one hour of questions and answers about personal issues is entertaining, it is no where near as telling as 4 years worth of Thursday evenings being televised live unedited.

I don't care about character assassinations it has been going on in politics since the beginning. What I do care about is someone running for office knowing the ins and outs of the city. What their plan is to improve the city and how are the going to achieve results.
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Paul Maguire

Post by mindingcitybiz »

Also, not everyone in American Canyon received the gold colored flyer they were holding up at City Council on Thursday. None of my neighbors or I received it, nor friends in other neighborhoods. But like I said character assassinations go hand in hand with politics, we as voters just need to see through the smoke screens.
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

The Flyer!

Post by ac94503 »

MCB - so what exactly are you saying...since you and other's did not receive the flyer...it's ok? There is no smoke screen here.

As for smrtamcan... the flyer's return address is 5500 Eucalyptus,
Apt. 214.

The permit number is 77. I'm not sure if Cory was insinuating that Maguire used The Post's permit number or not but their number is 44.

I would suggest that if you really want to know who sent this garbage you go knock on that apt's door. But you can save yourself some time by reading the small print on the flyer which reads:

"Paid for by The Committee to Elect Paul Maguire #1270438".

Case solved!
smrtamcan
Informant
Informant

Post by smrtamcan »

MCB,
If something is of question Cindy Paul and Leon should have that opportunity to respond publicly, you would agree, wouldn't you?
Wouldn't you want to know if most of the mud-slinging was truth or not? Or are you covering for Cindy, or Paul? Truth, Truth that's what American Canyon deserves after all the crap we live with in these elections, and just think of the new residents getting ahold of the crap, all these people have the right to respond and on our behalf should. You call yourself Minding City Business but what are you for? Are you spreading garbage or do you too want to be able to have first hand knowledge. I believe that you would agree that we all deserve every opportunity to question them, they chose a Political Career, didn't they? They signed on to Fair Political Practices, didn't they? Aren't we as the public allowed to seek for the truth to cut out the crap? Don't you want truth? I think most of us do, here is a forum, good or bad, gives us the ability to get to the truth.
If you have the truth, don't we deserve to here it too for ourselves? Not just a busy body or making up false acuasations, we are talking about everyone having an opportunity to find out!
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Is smear campaign Okay?

Post by mindingcitybiz »

No, I am not saying a smear campaign is okay. If you reviewng past questions and post on this forum everytime someone ask a question regarding Garcia's voting record or contributions to the City Council, it has followed with Garcia's campaign manager Victor Riveria slamming the poster on this forum asking the question or Cindy Coffey. The questions are never answered....

There have been comments which have nothing to do with voting records or negotiations on committees. So we as voters are left to see through the smoke screens of smear and character assassinations and look at history. One has four years, one has 18 months and the last is a newcomer to the field.

As voters we each need to ask ourselves:

? Who has made great strides while in term
? Who is putting forth innovative ideas to resolve issues in AC
? Why has traffic all of sudden been the Mantra of candidates especially since two of the candidates vying for seats voted for numerous projects that would increase traffic
? Besides traffic what are other issues facing AC residents
? Why would Candidates be so pro-measure G without looking at other alternatives that would not put an added tax burden on AC residents
? How come candidates address old and new instead of the wonderful multi-cultural community we live in
? Who is in touch with the needs of the community
? Which candidate can you go to ask any question about the city and they will have the answers
? What are positive changes the City has made in the last 4 years
? What are negative
49erf8fuls
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Post by 49erf8fuls »

ac94503

In going over our mail today I see the flyer you spoke about from Mr. Maguire. I suggest you take a closer look at the return address on it.
The return on mine is 5500 Eucalptus, Apartment 214.

There is no such street that I can find in American Canyon,
Eucalyptus is spells WRONG.....Just another Maguire LIE.
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Response to 49erf8fuls & Frankie G

Post by ac94503 »

49erf8fuls...I rechecked the return address on my flier and Eucalyptus is spelled correctly...Maybe you got a different run...I am curious what you thought of the content of this flyer.

Frankie G...I forgot to respond to your question regarding the Chamber.
I think Paulette said it all!!!
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by mindingcitybiz »

MCB,
If something is of question Cindy Paul and Leon should have that opportunity to respond publicly, you would agree, wouldn't you?
Wouldn't you want to know if most of the mud-slinging was truth or not?
Mud slinging reminds me of telephone. You know the game we played when we were kids. You tell me something and I tell sally sitting next to me and by the time it gets to the last person the phrase "I went to my best friends house for the summer" turns into I slept with my best friends boyfriend last summer".

What I do know is can you do the JOB are you respected by your collegues not just the council but the committees you serve on too.

So lets get off the soap box and lets start asking some real questions that can change the future of American Canyon and make it better for everyone that lives here. :D
smrtamcan
Informant
Informant

Post by smrtamcan »

The fact that you accuse Cori, who is not running is amazing, but that is your crap again, I can't speak for her, maybe you should ask her.
May be the fact that people like her don't partake in bad stuff but work hard for the community and you feel the need to level her down to yourself. Fact or Fiction, you accuse, you bring up these odd statements, i think you are more of a problem maker than a true problem solver. She has more truth in her pinky than you'll ever have, look what the question was originally,
We deserve the truth, and you have taken off the candidates and then go on to make up your own crap. Whoever you are, you are not factual, you are part of the problems, GET IT VERIFIED, then get on with it. I want you to know that you will cause people to bring all of the facts out, run their names you'll find it, then speak, you might look more Intelligent with facts in hand, good luck and remember, they put their hat in the ring and by doing so knew that their lives became public. Welcome to Politics.
mookienunu
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by mookienunu »

MCB'S comments on Cori are pathetic..... but not near as pathetic as the turn out for Coffeys Brew-Ha-Ha campaign party. Talk about a bust!!
Frankie G
Informant
Informant

Post by Frankie G »

I had a great time. Most of the people there were new supporters and it was very nice to meet them!
mookienunu
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by mookienunu »

So happy you enjoyed yourself...
Linda
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Linda »

we also have mail , with the sender address 5500 Eucalyptus Apt. 214, now I stay in Eucalyptus Drive, and I can't think of any address as high as 5500 or apartments. Is it possible that the address is the new apartments in Napa Junction? The road leading into the new complex is Eucalyptus Street not Drive if I remember correctly.
49erf8fuls
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Post by 49erf8fuls »

Linda,
are you sure it is spelled Eucalyptus. Mine was missing the y when I received it.

ac94503- as far as what I think of the flier. I find it funny that the commitee to elect Paul Maguire find Ed and Don so threatening when they arent even running for the same seat Paul is.
I find that paul blames garcia and callison for wal-mart resulting in costly litigation when Cindy is the one who was the head of her little group that sued the city, she only resigned due to running for city council.
I didnt realize that Callison and Garcia were so powerful as to be responsible for "rubber stamping projects" during the last 4-8 years. I guess no one else on the council like cindy or ben or cecil have done anything. Conflict of interest HAHA........I find that funny. Gee who was editor of the post for the june election.......or during this election.....Staff writter Cindy Coffey?
And as for West.......he is horrible......god forbid someone stand up for and an ordinance being followed. I thought one part of a city council was suppose to be enforcing as well and FOLLOWING our city ordinances. I dont believe West was on the council that voted for our current sign ordinance I think that would be our Current city council.
And I am sorry but Council Member Coffey has been caught in more than one lie....If West is the only one who will stand up and call her on it good for him.
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

49erf8ful

Post by ac94503 »

Oh I get it ...There are 2 flyers...

One I'm not sure if you received that was displayed at the city council meeting that has Eucalyptus spelled correctly and is titled, "Mayor Candidates Involvement in Abuses at Napa State Hospital Questioned" That is the flyer I was referring to in my previous posts.

Today, the second flyer arrived with the incorrect spelling of Eucalptus titled, "Three Amigos are NO AMIGO to Solving Problems in American Canyon They Created".

Also, over the weekend a letter arrived regarding "Dirty Water".

What will tomorrow bring?
Linda
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Linda »

The first had the correct spelling and the second the wrong spelling.
A couple of weeks ago someone came to our house with a pizza for 5500 Eucalyptus and we told them there was no such address and sent them away...sorry!

Post by Guest »

49erf8fuls, What exactly has Cindy Coffee lied about? I mean specifically? I have met her many times in the past few months and have found her to be more than the person you describe. On another note, I can't believe all the posts I have missed. Leave town for more than a day and you're out of the loop, leave for 10 days and you're lost.
49erf8fuls
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Post by 49erf8fuls »

ac94503
I only received the one flier. Never got one about Garcia and Napa State.

Wants to know, according to Mr. Maguires mailer I received West called Council member Coffee a Liar on these posts, I do seem to remember something to that affect on here. I am sure you can go back and look them up. And I believe Mr. West when he says that she lied. I do not trust anyone who can not look a person in the face, in my opinion Cindy was nothing but rude at the last council meeting. She sits there writting while the public is speaking and NEVER looks at the person speeking. If a person has enough guts to stand up in front of the council and voice their concerns the least the council can do is pay attention to them. All the other members while the would occasionally make notes or whatever but always looked at the speaker, and at least looked like they were listening. Her attitude from her appearance came off to me as "lets hurry this up your waisting my time." Everytime I have heard Mr. West speak at any event or meeting or in person he at least has the respect to look people in the eye while they are talking to him and while he is talking to them.

Post by Guest »

WOW, so you don't REALLY know that she lied... I have looked at past posts and there in nothing specifically stated about what she lied about. So, as far as I am concerned, no lies. If you are going to tell the public she lied, back it up. Don't just repeat what someone told you. Trust me, I learned that the hard way, in elementary school. Incidentally, I have noticed her writing notes and am not bothered by it. If she needs to respond, she does immediately and I am impressed that she asks questions as to why things are being done the way they are. Honestly, I don't see Garcia caring about massive cost increases - As far as Maguire, I recieved my 10 days worth of mail today and never got any of these mailers. What did they say? I just spent a lot of time searching Ed West's post looking for something specific about a lie. I didn't see it - Please, If I missed it, enligten me...
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Girls!

Post by ac94503 »

Years ago women wanted to be recognized for their rights and opinions...You "girls" have set us back years...Stop this nonsense...Stop the gossip...Stop the ridiculous rumors! Stop destroying us as individuals that have more to offer than the "crap" you "girls" want to sling in thinking you are helping your candidate.

Cindy is very capable of taking care of herself. Haven't you listened to her on the issues that have been presented at council meetings? She reads the material and asks questions. Why do you continue to degrade anyone that has a different opinion than yours?

Are you really parents of our future leaders? Do your children hear your nasty remarks? Stop It! What message are you teaching them? Your children are the ones that will benefit from the growth of AC. Being older my children decided to leave due to there was nothing here. Start thinking what you are saying before you decide to destroy anyone that may think differently than you!
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by mindingcitybiz »

I concur with AC94503.

On another note:

No one I know in American Canyon has received these flyers except members of a certain Impact group, or are they now calling themselves Delusional? I just can't keep tract every year they reorganize with a new name. Maybe there were a limited amount sent to certain streets in AC? I still haven't figuired out what Maguires flyers would have to do with Coffey.
Linda
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Linda »

MCB we have received all of Mr Maguire's mail and we have not been to an Impact meeting nor are we members.
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Reply to MCB

Post by ac94503 »

I am not a member of Impact 94503. Never have been...

I received 2 flyers regarding the Napa State Hospital Investigation. Each addressed to both voters in my house. Why you didn't receive one is anyone's guess.

My take on why possibly my "older" neighborhood is being targeted by Mr. Maguire?

The apathy that has existed in this area is no secret. It is as noticable today as it has been for the last 20 years. It is kind of like, leave me alone and I'll do the same. I feel Mr. Maguire is trying to capitalize on the vote of the older residents.

Progress has been very slow. Many don't listen anymore. Just imagine how disappointed residents might feel with broken promises after 40 or 50 years. Change is very difficult the older we become because we have already reached our comfort zone.

I don't think this has anything to do with Cindy but Mr. Maguire is like the "Music Man" who comes to town and promises to make changes residents have wanted for years. Why he thinks he can do it when it has been promised to residents for years is beyond me.
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Flyer

Post by mindingcitybiz »

Well that solves one issue the flyer was not sent to members of the impact group only. I also stand to be corrected, I spoke to someone about an hour ago who stated he received one of the flyers.