Questions?

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Questions?

Post by ac94503 »

With all of the excitement about a candidate suing the city for a sign ordinance did anyone remember that Hwy 12 (Jamison Canyon Rd) will be closed Saturday and Sunday from 5 A.M. until 3 P.M.?

I have no intention of going anywhere except within the city limits or inviting anyone else to come experience the Napa Valley this weekend due to the "gridlock" that most likely will occur on Hwy 29.

I think the widening of Hwy 12 is going to be on the ballot again this November. It is definitely overdue but is this weekend an example of what we as residents of AC are going to have to put up with in regard to traffic gridlock. Like it isn't bad enough just trying to access Hwy 29 in the morning already?

I don't mean to sound negative but really a 4 mile trip to the airport at 7:30 A.M. is taking almost a 1/2 hour...That is ridiculous...

Do we really need to dig up all the roads at one time?

Post by Guest »

Just something I remember Mr. Joseph saying two years ago, when faced with a question at a council meeting about how to handle the traffic. He said that the city will have to try and get the people to use side streets to ease conjestion. I don't know about you, but I have a huge problem with speeders on my street. I don't need anymore.
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

traffic and such

Post by VicRiv »

the citizens of Amcan and the entire Napa County population has the oppoortunity of correcting the traffic problem for the entire valley in June. They decided they didn't want to act on it-by voting no on Measure H. SO we ALL have to deal with the reality of NOT ACTING on a solution.

That mean we all have to deal with the increased traffic problems for at least two more year. It will NOT be on the ballot this November, but possibly in 2008 for the Presidential election.

For the simple minded, it is an opportunity to point fingers at one particular city manager, who was voted out of office a month later..or we can face the reality that less than 2100 residents felt it was important enough to vote for.

The question is "are you part of the problem or part of the solution"= how are you involved to find a solution? Did your neighbor vote? etc etc
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Jamieson Canyon OPEN this weekend

Post by VicRiv »

Note from Am Can cahmaber email:

NEWS FLASH!!!

Kathleen from the Chamber sent me an email. Jamison Rd will not be closed. It has been postponed. Wonderful news.

Post by Guest »

"For the simple minded, it is an opportunity to point fingers at one particular city manager, who was voted out of office a month later..or we can face the reality that less than 2100 residents felt it was important enough to vote for. "

Leave it to Victor to once again call someone a name. Sorry Vic, when you start this sentence with "For the simple minded", that is essentially name calling. I just had remembered something that Joseph had said when a resident asked how we would handle the increased traffic. If I remember correctly I was not the ONLY one who was concerned about that. This thread reminded me that I had forgotten that. Did I think for one second that you would come and skew my post? YUP. That's what you did.

I'm glad he's out of office. I know your little group wants to bring him back. But I am not even getting involved with that. I have better things to do, like pray my friend who was hit from behind while he was jogging gets better.
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Clarification

Post by VicRiv »

You misunderstood what I wrote, and if you felt I was calling you names, I'm sorry.
What I meant was that the traffic situation is a complex problem with many factors contributing to it. Tourist traffic, construction traffic, poor planning from the state and county, non activity for short and long term infrastructure planning, etc is what I meant.

OR we can all contribute all the problems to one person - is what I was getting at.

Don't be so thin-skinned or so quick to jump to conclusions. Hope this helps.
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

and one more point..

Post by VicRiv »

You make reference to "my little group"..I'm looking over my shoulder-I don't see anyone else sitting here or feeding me info. My log in is VicRiv not Victor and company. Once again jumping to conclusions.

I feel Mark Joseph deserved better in the way he was voted out of office. It is my opinion, he has been the person who received all the blame for everything wrong with the city and if that's the case-he should have received some of the credit for making the city the desirable location we all chose to live. But he's moved on and its time for us all to do so, too.

Richard Ramirez is well-qualified to take us to the next level as the city continues to meet its challenges.