Jazz in the Park

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Jazz in the Park

Post by VicRiv »

From today's Vallejo Times Herald.

AmCan jazzes up park

By DAN JUDGE, Times-Herald staff writer

AMERICAN CANYON - The local music scene will gain a new venue this Sunday as a series of free jazz performances launches at the "town green" park in American Canyon's new Napa Junction retail center.

Jazz guitarist Tony DeWayne will be the performer at all three concerts to be held at Main Street Park 's built-in stage area.

"It's going to be the making of something really exciting for us here in American Canyon ," said event organizer Brenda Knight.

Knight, a motivational speaker who lives in American Canyon , said she got the idea for the jazz series while visiting a kick-off event for the park.

After seeing the facility's layout, she also wanted the community to be aware of its potential for hosting concerts. She contacted her friend DeWayne who agreed to quickly schedule performances for this Sunday, Oct. 1 and Oct. 8.

Knight said she hopes to bring the community together one more time in the good weather before everyone "shuts off" for winter.

"Now we get a chance to end the summer with this jazz series and leave in people's minds what we can do next year when the summer comes," she said.

Knight said she hopes to stay involved in showcasing a wide array of talent at the park.

Napa Junction developer Vincent "Buzz" Butler of Lake Street Ventures in Menlo Park , an event sponsor, said he is pleased Knight has taken the lead on presenting entertainment at the park.

"From our perspective, the park was designed to accommodate and attract these types of uses," Butler said. "It creates a sense of place and it's great that Brenda will be taking advantage of it."

The concerts will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. for the next three Sundays. The performances are free and those attending can bring bag lunches, lawn chairs and blankets. Alcohol is not allowed.

Main Street Park can be reached from Vallejo by driving north on Broadway (Highway 29) and turning right on Eucalyptus Drive .

bring your blanket and picnic basket and let's enjoy all that American Canyon has to offer.
Mel
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Mel »

Now see, THAT sounds like fun!
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Good time

Post by VicRiv »

There was a nice crowd on Sunday for the Jazz Concert at the Park.

The musicians were great. I had to leave early but it was nice to see
City Manager Rich Ramirez (all the way from Sacramento)
City Council Member Ben Anderson and Wife Flora
Vice Mayor Leon Garcia and wife, Eva
and the dozens of others who attended.

Next weeks sponsors are:
Select Mortgage and Malu Rivera, Realtor Re/Max Napa Valley and will have munchies.

Let's hope we have beautiful weather again! Spread the word.
smrtamcan
Informant
Informant

jazz in the Park

Post by smrtamcan »

"best entertainment in town" so it's been said. New Main Street Park, now that i have seen it, i think it'll be a great location for more events! Hey, Relay for life might like this area! Heard that Jazz in the park was a blast, evryone in town should check it out, Brenda Knight has done an excellent job and that it's fun. speaking of it, TOMORROW, Sunday from 4:00pm-6:00pm, MAIN STREET PARK, next to the Lodge Appartments, FREE ADMISSION, they'll do it again, and guess what, people from all sides of issues are attending and just having a good time i heard.
Don Callison
Informant
Informant

Jazz in the Park Finale

Post by Don Callison »

On Sunday, October 8th the Finale of the Jazz in the Park will occur.

Come out to Main Street Park in the Napa Junction project. The weather is supposed to be nice.

Time is 4 - 6 PM and there is no cost.

This event will be sponsored by Ed West and myself.

Thanks

Don