RESIGNATION OF VICTOR RIVERA FROM PARKS COMMISSION

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

RESIGNATION OF VICTOR RIVERA FROM PARKS COMMISSION

Post by Paul Maguire »

Mr. Rivera should resign immediately from the Parks and Rec Commission. His comments on this thread last Thursday were disrespectful, outrageous, and demonstrate of lack of good character.

Further demonstrating this poor character, is the fact that Mr Rivera WILL NOT APOLOGIZE for his demeaning comments posted publicly on this forum. Rather, he defends them, and they are, indefensable.

Here are those comments again:
What the heck wtih PAULETTE 'calling" into one of her minions to express her opinions of the discussed items?

Shame on Maryanne Young for letting yourself be a "Sheep" to the voice of someone with a sense of self-imprtance they had to call in their opinion of the debate.
ALL the council members were doing a good job of contributing to the dialogue. This is new terriory for the city and the council

It must be so easy to sit at home on your fat butt eating bon bons and criticize the process.. get real. IF the topic or your opinions are so important..get off the sofa and say them in person..
(emphasis added)

As a REPRESENTATIVE of the City of American Canyon serving on the Parks and Rec Commission, Mr Riveras demoralizing and demeaning comments directed at public citizens on this public forum should not be tolerated by this city, nor its citizens, AND it will NOT BE!

Mary Ann Young and Paulette Griffen both contribute to this community, and have for years and years. Paulette Griffen personally has volunteered and worked to help rehabilitate those lost on the trail of drugs and alchohol. Where she seeks to help and bring people up, you Mr Rivera, seek to harm and bring people down.

These despicable, evil intentioned, harmful words that you directed so angerly and publicly, to which you have had plenty of opportunity to retract and apologize for, are unacceptable, and not ok. Whatever good you may have done, is outweighed by your lack of character, your lack of compassion for others as demonstrated here, and your inability to self correct, aka, apologize.

The only conclusion is that that you should resign from the Parks and Rec Commission, as you are unfit to serve, and an embarrassment as well as liability to the City of American Canyon.
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Resignation of Victor Rivera from City Parks Commission

Post by ac94503 »

I totally agree with Mr. Maguire's call for the resignation of Mr. Rivera from the City Parks and Recreation Committee. However, I will take it one step further and call for the Family Resource Center to reconsider his Board status. With the negative comment posted on this site I cannot believe this is the image your organization would find acceptable.
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Much Ado About Nothing

Post by VicRiv »

I want to clarify the following:

1. I am a registered Independent-Not a Democrat. Although my leanings tend to be fiscally conservative and socially more liberal. We live in a complex world, and no one issue is left or right.

2. Citizen Rivera is entitled to his opinions and/or comments as is every other American citizen, protected under the laws of Free Speech guranteed by this paper called the Constitution. But I don't need to point that out to an educated person like yourself, Mr. Paul.

3. I am not on the Board of the Family Resource Center.

4. I serve at the pleasure of the Council. (If I recall, Mr. Maguire, you didn't win that elected position the two times you ran)

5. I have already decided, I will not be continuing with the PCS Commission after my term is up in December. Nothing at all do with "buttgate"- but rather a personal choice.

Lastly, Character, Mr. Maguire, let's ask your tenants in Oakland if you have character. I believe the lawsuit ruled in their favor.
Councilmember Coffey
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hasty Reply

Post by Councilmember Coffey »

Victor- I think you are being too hasty on your comments on not applying for the PCS Commission. I too am a registered "Independent." In that I am an independent thinker, independent decision-maker, and an independent opinion holder.

If I "quit", decided not to renew, or for that matter run for office again everytime somebody said something negative about me I would spend 200% of my time writing resignation letters.

At the end of the day if you know you did your best and a good job that is all that matters. Is it worth getting bashed everytime you express your opinions? You darn right it is. If you are making them for the right reasons and for the greater good.

We have all been emotional on subjects, myself included. It's called being human. However, in the public sector we are not allowed to be "human" or allowed to have reasonable reactions without reprisal. I for one know how that works. You're at the crossroads where you must decide is it worth the grief and annoyance to "help?" Or is it better to just sit by and take potshots of those who are trying? Or better yet to simply ignore it all.

Something for you to ponder while you finish out your current term on PCS. I suspect you will have a change of heart. As you said, "you have to have passion to serve on a commission and be dedicated." I guess you could say you have that pretty much covered in my opinion.
Councilmember Coffey
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Clarification

Post by Councilmember Coffey »

Just a bit of clarification-
I am only an independent decision-maker where I am acting alone. I in no way act independently when representing the council or the objectives expressed by the majority of my council.---just to be clear. I know how this forum reacts sometimes :D
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Paul Maguire »

Now it's US Constitution that protects your right to insult, degrade, humilate and otherwise be mean and indecent to people.

Ya ok.
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

For Cindy

Post by VicRiv »

Cindy,

I appreciate your comments and support. When the attendance issue came up-I changed employers to reduce travel. I also took a hit in compensation of over $75K..It just isn't working with a daughter ready to go to college.

Most frustrating, is in my daily work routine I am results driven-and the slow movement of the city's bureaucracy leaves me feeling frustrated and stifled. (I can trouble shoot and put together a technical solution and implement a mutil-million dollar system in less than 6 months)

So I figure it is time to move one.(I gave my notice of resignation to Randy and Kay on Monday) So it's official, and I'll try to help out for the remainder of my term.

I am being courted by other companies which would up my compensation to the old range, and it also fits into my long term financial plans and early retirement But that also would require extensive business travel to earn top $$.

I will be around town supporting the volunteer groups, helping with the school bond issue (as we discussed) and other groups.

Maybe some of the people posting here who seem to have all the answers will step up and do some work for the city. :)