Relay for Life Weekend Overview

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Relay for Life Weekend Overview

Post by VicRiv »

The First Annual Relay for Life was held this weekend at Donaldson Way. Participation was over 700 and donations in excess of $80,000.

Thanks to Joan Bennett, Fr. Pat Stephensen, Lucila Datiles, Chelle Castagnola, Pam Knoval, Sandra Rother-Davidson, Henry Davidson, shelly MClure, Eva Garcia, Monica Morse, Morris Curry, Ernie Villanueva, Kristin Einberger, Anne, Payne, Mark Joseph, Fran Lemos.

The event was an all-nighter with the Kiwanis providing Lunch and Dinner and breakfast. Entertainment throughout the entire 24-hour and the tired feet of all the walkers left with a total sense of accomplishment.

Mark Joseph's pedometer total for the event 91,174! How we managed to run the last lap after walking all-night..I guess it comes from deep, deep within..

American Canyon and it's volunteers once again proven how they can unite and accomplish GREAT things. We are all tired and proud.If you were not able to attend this year..mark your calendar for next year it promises to be bigger and better!

Maybe there can be an AmCanOnline team????
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Re: Relay for Life Weekend Overview

Post by Issa »

Maybe there can be an AmCanOnline team????
Can I participate from San Diego somehow???
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

more info

Post by VicRiv »

James Walker
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

It was fun!

Post by James Walker »

The relay for life was a great idea and I am happy that I participated in it. I know that it will be even bigger and better next year. We raised alot of money that will be put to good use.

Thanks to all of the people that put it on, and a big congratulations to Mark Joseph for continuing the whole time. I also cant beleieve that he jogged the last lap after walking all day and night, but he did. To everyone that participated and walked and contributed, thank you again.
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Mark Joseph

Post by ac94503 »

If I read this correctly, do you mean to tell me that Mr. Joseph walked 24 hours? I read that he was walking in memory of his former finance director and I must say his contribution to this event is more than admirable. I'm sure her family is extremely grateful to Mr. Joseph for his commitment and contribution. Excellent job!!!
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Inspirational

Post by VicRiv »

Mark indeed walked the entire 24 hrs with a little help from friends. I arrived at 5:30pm on Saturday and I saw him on the track almost all the entire time.

The most inspirational moments had to be at the 9:00pm Luminaria Lighting Ceremony. The lights were dimmed around the track and all +400 luminarias were lit around the walking track. At the same time-there was a powerpoint presentation with all the names of the people who were being honored with the sponsor of the luminarias.

Touching.