Safeway Service

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Safeway Service

Post by ac94503 »

I know this sounds petty...but has anyone noticed that Safeway is not providing the same service they were when they came to town?

Post by Guest »

Well, I didn't live here when it first opened. I came to AC in 2000. I was there just today and I had someone come up to me and asked if I needed help finding the dog food brand I was looking for. Then at the register they asked me if I wanted help out (they ask me everytime) but today I took them up on it ( I am 9 mo pregnant). I think they are wonderful. Just wish the prices would go down a bit...
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Safeway

Post by ac94503 »

As I said, it's petty, but there are not any carts inside so everyday I pick one up outside. The deli clerk the other day had to cover the bakery so I waited at the dinner hour for her to return to the counter. I do agree with you that the clerks and baggers couldn't be more polite. As far as price goes, I think they are high compared to other stores. But, I will pay the extra to have the convience.
mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Am Can Safeway

Post by mattbb61 »

I have not noticed any degradation of service lately, but an increase in what I consider nefarious looking people, many of which really need to take a bath and learn English.

Having that Safeway here continues to be a real blessing. I still remember having to patronize the Safeway outlet off Admiral Callahan in Vallejo. Way too small aisles, thin parking spaces, and ALWAYS having to run the gauntlet of never ending beggars at the doors. It was never a good experience for one reason or another.

Whenever I have a suggestion or complaint about our Safeway, I bring it up to the manager, Ms. Caroline Pitchkolan. She is very helpful, and will even help the staff at the check out counters when it gets heavy. She is always open to, and is thankful for these tips.

Among the things she has responded to is the graffiti on the rear of the building, and the shopping carts which go way off their property on a weekly basis. One thing they are looking into is to clean their shopping carts more often, and modify the building in order that they stay DRY when not in use during winter months.

DO keep a sharp eye on your purses ladies! My wife’s purse was recently stolen while in Am Can Safeway at the checkout line by a young, low life black woman (got her on camera) who ran out from the store with the purse, and was driven away by her equally low life pimp daddy in a (possibly stolen) beat up yellow Japanese import car. After this illegal (sorry, its "Undocumented" now, isnt it?) redistribution of wealth, the local American Canyon Police, and the Safeway staff were both very helpful. They were very professional, and an asset to our community.

Their number is 649-5150.