I have a Question?

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

I have a Question?

Post by VicRiv »

This forum (I thought) was to encourage debate about issues. Instead a pattern has evolved, which is very disheartening.

Why is the person who asks a 'tough' question becomes the topic, opposed to discussing the issue? Their background is scrutinized and the mud slinging begins. I would prefer that energy discussing the topic and offer solutions. Am I off-base? or what am I missing?

Why does the person asking a question have to undergo a background check, have their personal lives and personal history scrutinized? Is this the new criteria for asking a question in town? Have we really sunk to this level? It appears so-which is why the quality of postings and participation has diminished.

And before you all begin- some may accuse me of being guilty. However, I try to tell the facts-based on research and never resort to character assassination to get my point across.

NO ONE is 100% knowlegeable about 100% of the facts, 100% of the time.

In my opinion, this is the main obstacle dividing the town.
It isn't new vs. old or the haves vs. the have nots.
It's become the question askers vs. defenders then progresses to
defenders of one position vs. the dirt diggers and mud slingers.

There is alot of fact twisting intertwined with mudslinging-and the facts get lost. Instead "who's accused of what" becomes the new topic.

Thoughts?
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

If anyone has any recommendations on how to improve the forums or even the site feel free to shoot me an email and I will be happy to hear them. If theres a problem with the foundation I can try to see how to fix it, if theres a problem with the people, thats something the community needs to fix. Thanks.
Visit AmericanCanyon.com --- Your online source for everything City Of American Canyon, California.

Post by Guest »

Come on now, Victor. You never accused or belittled or attacked?

I think you should ask the then, Vice Mayor Luporini if she felt attacked by you, or belittled in front of her son and all the others watching you on the TV? You were rude and attacking. You attack Council member Coffey whenever you get the chance. You seem to know best about everything.
Maybe you should shut-it or run for council so you can face your attackers every two weeks in public. See if your wife and children would appreciate things being said about them.
You really should look into your mirror and ask yourself if you like what you see!!!!
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

For Homeboy

Post by VicRiv »

And despite postings on this site of "having breakfast" and "visiting" her at Lorraine's. The truth was-Lori never spent the night there. She resigned-end of story.

I have never done or said anything about Lori's family. They are totally OFF LIMITS, for any candidate or public official.

I don't attack Cindy "every chance I get". I offer my opinion of the given issue. In the March edition of her paper-I contacted her to tell her there were some statements which were incorrect. She called me up and we discussed it. She offered to have me write an email to respond, I declined. My point : we discussed it like adults.

I have strong opnions just like many of u posting. We have our passions and prejiduces. Let's just agree to be adults and remember we have to live together. Thanks for the debate.

P.S. I look in the mirror several times a day. Yes. I like what I see and what I do for the community. Thanks for asking.

Runnning for council? I've thought about it. And if I did it would be a campaign run on positive campaigning and solutions. Including an action plan and a clear vision, based on my 'seeming to know what's best about everything". Can I borrow that?

Post by Guest »

Isn't it odd that you cared so much about "where Lori spent the night"
You never cared about the job she was doing or trying to do. You only care where she spends the night? Small little person, Victor.
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VicRiv »

No homeboy. Sadly mistaken. I supported Lori's business and many of her accomplishments.
When the deception began is when she lost my support and the support of many others.
Simple minded people like you think it's okay to deceive and lie. I don't and neither did the many others.

Everyone talks about how Lori was stabbed in the back. How about the way she stabbed Lorraine in tha back, by placing her in such a precarious situation.True friends don't make their Friends lie for them.

Lorraine took the high road and told the truth. Lori and "friends" repaid her and all her past supporters by having a half-assed retirement part, consisting of her "new REAL friends" ..all what 20 of them..

Where Lori spend the night was Never the issue. Truth Was. Let me know where I can send the dollar, so YOU can buy a life and/or a Clue.