Traffic in American Canyon

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
1momfor2
Resident
Resident

Post by 1momfor2 »

Driving to, from or around American Canyon is becoming harder everyday. It's not just getting down American Canyon Road. It's trying to get down Hwy. 29 in either direction.
They just keep buliding more houses which will bring more cars. Why do we not stop the building until we have the roads and schools for these people to use. Now I heard they are lifting the 100 building permit limit set by the general plan so they can widen American Canyon Road. They now are clear to build all the 800 homes but they aren't widening until 2005. Won't driving be even for fun. :x
DID EVERYONE KNOW THE SPEED LIMIT ON AMERICAN CANYON ROAD IS 25MPH FROM THE NEW LIGHT AT FLOSDEN ROAD ALL THE TO THE END AT THE WATER? I was pulled over right after the 2nd mobilehome park and told I was 20 miles over the 25 mph limit.
[/i]

Speed on American Canyon Road

Post by guest »

The speed limit on Flosden from Vallejo to American Canyon Road is posted at 40 miles per hour. The speed limit on American Canyon Road is also 40 mile per hour, with the exception of the construction zone, which is posted at 25 miles per hour. The speed reduction only applies to the area where it is posted, from about 300 American Canyon to the interection at Broadway. On West American Canyon Road, from the Safeway to Wetland's Edge, it is also 40 miles per hour. This speed limit is posted in accordance with the 85% speed rating of the most current speed survey.

Post by Guest »

The speed limit is 25 MPH in the construction area roughly Flosden road to the train tracks. The speed limit on West American Canyon road is posted 40 MPH from SR 29 west to Wetlands edge road.

:P :P
1momfor2
Resident
Resident

Speed limits on American Canyon Road

Post by 1momfor2 »

So now I'm confused here are 2 different answers, which is right. The 25 mph construction zone sign is right before the fruit tree market (Parry's).
One of you say it is from flossden to the railroad tracks and the other says not until the sign. Which is it????? :?

Post by guest »

If you saw the 25 MPH sign, I guess you know where the limit starts then.... You did take a written test didnt you???
1momfor2
Resident
Resident

25 mph

Post by 1momfor2 »

No, did you?

Reducing traffic on Flosden Road

Post by Guest »

We need to get a stop light on Flosden road at the intersection of Canyon Creek drive. The people in the Canyon Creek community risk our lives everytime we enter or leave our community. There is just too much traffic on Flosden road to make it safe to exit our community.[/b]