City Manager terminated???

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
ExUnionThug

The Empress Has No Clothing

Post by ExUnionThug »

"...let's remember the lies she told to get there. Remember her promise to bring forth all the petitioners signatures and have it said in court for the Walmart. Remember that was all a lie to get your vote. Remember how she was going to have a grand jury investigation on Luporini's dealings, what happened there. Nothing. She got the majority of votes by lying and manipulating the people.
Tis the liberal union thug way; stir the ignorant populace/protletariat up with your lies, keep telling them, then do what you always planned to do once in power. Samuel Gompers and Vladimir Lenin would be proud...

Thank you for the reminder Guest, that she rode in on the votes of the unions...

Post by Guest »

I think Cindy is doing a great job. I voted for her and she is doing everything she promised and more. In fact every one that I am associated with voted for her and I have not heard any negitive comments. No, none of us are Union, so I don't know exactly where you got that information...
Cindy has shown that despite the 6th, 7th, 8th and now 9th council members (hmmm did any of them actually run? Oh that's right one did and LOST!)
The people spoke and did not want this person as a council member. Too bad the other 3 won't run and get shot down as he did. Maybe then they would stop causing trouble in the neighborhood...
On another note, can you even imagine what American Canyon residents and extra council members would do if we had Mayor Gonzales here with the trouble he's in. I think you'd all have open season on him... :roll:
AmCanFan

What planet are you from?

Post by AmCanFan »

Cindy Coffey never agreed to reveal all of the signatures on the petitions nor would any candidate agree to do that. In fact that is not typical when collecting signatures especially in an environment that is so hateful and cruel. You can't even change your house color without critisizm, imagine how these people would have been treated when you found out who actually doesn't agree with "your philosophy" on the grand future of our city.

Those are only necessary if you are putting something on the ballot. As for the Grand Jury, how do you know that didn't happen? The reports don't come out until July better check that crystal ball of yours and get your facts.

She also ran on other issues as well and all of which she is participating in. What is humorous is the "union" ties you think you project. Just because a union contributes to a campaign doesn't mean they are union bought that is ignorance. There are about 240 registered people in American Canyon that are affiliated with any type of union. Last time I checked she won with 6 times that amount.

Joseph needs to go. He is a major shit disturber in this city and I have seen him in action. Good for the council and good luck Mr. Joseph on your new endeavors.

Coffey promises

Post by guest »

What were Ms. Coffeys other promises:

Open government.......not happening, at all, strike 1

Break away from Napa Unified and start own school district....not happening, strike 2

Fight the SuperCenter/Walmart....not happening, hasn't even said the "W" word since she got into office, strike 3.

SHE"S OUT

Post by Guest »

I feel sorry for the people who read this forum and dont know whats really happening to the city. The city is really in fine financial shape and MJ is doing a wonderful job as city manager. I think the only thing that can happen to better the community would be to shut this forum down. To the creator of this forum, you have done a wonderful job, but it is time to end this nonsense people are writing and close down this forum. For the better of the community and its members.
Mel
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Mel »

Shut this forum down? Didn't Kathleen say that once?

Post by Guest »

The Citizens of American Canyon are NOT STUPID.

They know FULL WELL what's going on in this City and they have had a belly-full.

So let's talk something useful....

Has the Council EVER tried to have a SUMMIT of all the various factions and have MJ answer ALL questions directly... YES OR NO or at least explain in common english what was promised, delivered, not promised, not delivered... why and who's responsible. Perhaps call up past council members, past planning comm members for input.

Yes even have Curry there so he can be confronted about his ramblings.

If we all really care about the City, why has this not been done???

Or is there something to HIDE???
previous supporter

Lost my confidence

Post by previous supporter »

I voted for Councilperson Coffey and she lost my support when the word of her improprietary began circulating. After the election, I know I am not alone in feeling betrayed by her lies and the constant witch hunt she and Lori Luporini have started. Everything to them is a crisis and their constant "It's Mark's fault" is getting old.

I thought I was electing someone who was a problem solver.

For the self identified few--
No one is trying to rewrite the election. It's done. But never too late to admit to making a judgement in error. Our president did it today, and it's my turn today.

The wool has been pulled over our eyes and I can see clearly now. LIAR.
GuessWho?

Now who is the Liar?

Post by GuessWho? »

Like you really voted for Coffey. You really voted for Luporini and Bennet and I know you did......So you didn't really support Coffey, so don't lie.....
The Guest

What's next...

Post by The Guest »

I didn't vote for either Lori or Cindy...Why? Because I didn't like all the personal attacks that took place during the election...
In my opinion, it looks like it is happening again to the City Manager... However, the Council probably knows more than I do about that decision...
I think that Ben is just a good man...(probably not council material!) Leon, says nothing important!
Shaver isn't going to listen to new ideas...
So where does that leave us???
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Paul Maguire »

Well you know, I actually ran for office, and I as recall, Cindy won fair and square, and Lori was right behind her. Whatever your opinion of these two council members, they work their asses off for this city and on behalf of this city. If you don't agree with them, fine. but lets not rewrite the history of the election. Women Ruled. It was Cindy, Lori, then Joan.

Next, whatever your feelings about Mark Josephs performance and work in managing the city, there is clearly tension between some of the council and Mark. He advised me at the election party for Lori that he was concerned about his position back then when Cindy was going to get elected. That was over a year ago. If the council decides he is not the right person anymore, life goes on. If he resigns. life goes on. But Mark was at Lori 's election party, so to say that Lori had it out for Mark is just not what I observed. Cindy has worked with him for a year, the rest of the council for serveral years.

Mark has many skills and talents. He is certainly employable and experienced. He has served American Canyon for many many years, and deserves in my view respect and appreciation for his service. Some may disagree with some of his actions, others may criticize his errors. but at the end of the day, the council has the final say. No one has more insight than council members who work day in and day out with the city manager and city staff.

I think their collective decision should be respected, and moreover, be made public by them first. If Mark is let go, he is smart enough to have an alternative plan.

If he stays on. the council and Mark need to be on the same page going in the same direction, because from what I have observed, there is definate tension between the two.

Meanwhile, we have another election in less than 12 months, so if you want change, get your name on the ballot, and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT by getting your message out.
amcan

vintage ranch

Post by amcan »

Well, what about no rentals in Vintage ranch for the first year. Anybody have info.
VIP Renter

what disclosure?

Post by VIP Renter »

I rent in Vintage Ranch as do my neighbors. If you look online there are several homes for rent in the area. People bought in and rent them out. Everybody ignores those agreements, even blondie. I like the council's work and believe in thier decision-making ability. :lol:
watch out

and then...

Post by watch out »

Just because everyone does it does not make it right.

What's next? An elected official not living in town? A lying politician?
get my drift?

Post by Guest »

Who lied? Please be specific and precise. I would like to know exactly what the lies are? Where to find proof, etc.
Truth Seeker

Liars Inc.

Post by Truth Seeker »

Who lied? Please be specific and precise. I would like to know exactly what the lies are? Where to find proof, etc.

Does it really matter what the truth is? If you say something to youself enough it becomes the truth, in your eyes. When proof has been submitted-the messenger is villified.

Keep on drinking the Koolaid.

Re: Liars Inc.

Post by Guest »

Truth Seeker wrote:Who lied? Please be specific and precise. I would like to know exactly what the lies are? Where to find proof, etc.

Does it really matter what the truth is? If you say something to youself enough it becomes the truth, in your eyes. When proof has been submitted-the messenger is villified.

Keep on drinking the Koolaid.
Well that was a perfect example of "The Curry Group" and the point that they made up pretty much everything...
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

rental in vintage Ranch and crazy people

Post by Paul Maguire »

Vintage Ranch did put in an owner occupancy agreement later in the subdivision. In the earlier phases they did not have one. In the two I bought, they did have one, however, since both these homes were dropped sales(the buyers couldnt get a loan) and the upgrades were selected, they sold them to me as an investor. These were the only two that I am aware of in the Bergamo subdivision. I did a 1031 tax deferred exchange on both of them, and Standard Pacific was agreeable to it.

As for owner occupancy agreements, the legality is questionable, as one of the four rights of ownership of real property is "the right of possession".

For someone to claim that Lori Luporini did something wrong by renting one of the homes I purchased as an investor is unfounded. To claim that renting those homes was not proper is also unfounded. Moreover, both homes had non owner occupied loans and the seller was aware completely of the situation and the intent.

Therefor, once again, certain members of this community, the bullies, are popping off their mouths without having their facts straight, making accusations and claims that although shocking, simply have no basis in truth what so ever like the example given here.

These anti social people are no different than someone with a disease, but in their case, they attack, invalidate, criticize, seek to harm, pass on bad news often embellished, make things up, blame the wrong target, and unfortunately, think the best way to survive is to keep others down.
They seek to upsets others in order to control them. We saw a classic example of that last night. They cannot be trusted.

Fortunately, they are small in numbers, although extremely noisy, really are not much of a force at all. But they certainly can and do cause problems.

Questions????

Post by Guest »

I didn't really understand what Stacy Su was talking about at the end of the council meeting last night except it appears that someone released to someone information that was private at the "closed session meeting" held last Friday night...I hope someone can enlighten us?
Also, with all of the accusations and questions regarding Lori during the election does anyone really think she would purposely move into a situation that would jeopardize her eligibility to serve as a councilmember? I don't think so...
Maybe only the few that continue to dig and dig and dig to come up with anything that will be disruptive to this community...

Clarification

Post by Guest »

After the nonsense she mentioned regarding the county sales tax--that proves she has no CLUE.
beleivedonce

The Whole City of American Canyon

Post by beleivedonce »

I have been reading this forum for a couple of 4 months and Paul McGuire who do you think you are to catagoize someone who speaks up and give them a medical evaluation that they have a disease. Are you a doctor and did you exam them? You are to opinionated, critical, and expect others to have your same opinions.
Gee, I wonder, if you run for Council and IF you win, Will you criize me for the living situation that I happen to live in. Will you throw it in my face that I just live in a moblehome and that I don't own as much property as you do,. OR will you back up the Mobilehome Rent Stabilzation Program? Because, the City Council at the presnt time sure isn't.
Coffey and Garcia were put on the Ad-Hoc Committie and nothing has been resolved yet. A decision to provide the RSO in Spanish was to start the ground work back in April. It's not don yet. Cindy has not attended all the meetings and Garcia is only in it for the attention and the admiration. As far as I know, nothing has been done about firing Peter Dreier of the Napa Housing Authority. He has been in contract with the City to over see the RSO at $65,000 a year. And the potion that I myself pay($12.00) has not been earned according to the contract. Gee, isn't that a legal document?
If, Mark, was incharge of the Contract with Napa Housing,, then there is ONE strik against him.. Everyone on the Council, Mark, Peter and many citiizens know what is going on.
Briefly, There are some people who may lose their homes with absolutley no where to go, but IT'S OK TO THROW $65,000 AWAY TO NAPA when those poor people really need it. And, lets not forget the money we sent to Katrina victims. Shouldn't we take care of home issues before we take that big pat on the back for being sympathic and acting like their is really a concern for people that we don't even know.
Most of you people who attend these Council Meetings are so "Want the pat on the back and the recognition when fun things are a topic. But, lorly, I sure don't expect closure on issues in the city if they don't involve you. I think the unpublished policy of City Council is "If we ignore it maybe it will go away" Besides, why should the City Council piss of a major landowner, who doesn't even live here, versus the citizens who not only live here but support the city in many ways. Ah, but the landowner has money the little fairy just told me. And, that is Politics in American Canyon.
All of you should stop being so critical and telling others how they should feel and think. Their are alot of people out there with ideas who aren't at your educational or financial status. Which is what you have done and I think you owe a public appology.
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Paul Maguire »

It is one thing to speak up, it is quite another to personally and viciously attack people, council members or otherwise. Morris Curry made slanderous allegations against Lori Luporini which had no basis in fact, and were slanderous. You can read about them in the Times Herald.

Curry has a history of slanderous attacks, including his numerous attacks including the classic "dumb and dumber" comment about the council.

He also walked up and spoke after two members of this community spoke of their trip to Lousiana, and made invalidative and minimizing comments regarding thier heroic efforts at great personal expense to these two community members. Recently, one of them still was bothered and hurt by his comments.

Cori B is another who attacked Lori and was down and out mean at the last council meeting. Its not the first time, nor will it be the last. She has taken shots at me, and a number of others in this community.

In my opinion, these two are examples of antisocial people.

If you have a different one, great.

And yes, I am a doctor, and I did exam them, from afar. It is called 'observing the obvious'.

Any more questions?
MobileAuthority

Fly on the Wall

Post by MobileAuthority »

1. Yes, Mark hired the Napa- Peter group.
2. He refuses to change it.
3. No money has been sent to Katrina Victims yet.
4. If your park was better organized with all of your residents engaged then maybe you could get the owners attention.
5. The city spent hundreds of thousands of dollars defending the RSO and it was upheld in the higher court.
6. Perhaps if the city manager informed all of the people who are interested in attending the ad hoc committee meetings they would be better attended, but that doesn't happen.
7. Don't make assumptions about council members unless you know them personally.
8. Just because you are not personally involved don't think "nothing" is being done.
9. Learn to be proactive and not reactive and maybe every issue wouldn't be such a crisis at the last minute.

Question for Mobile Authority?

Post by Guest »

What do you mean no money has been sent to Katrina Victims yet? Wasn't that approved months ago?
mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

WHOA! HOLD ON THERE!

Post by mattbb61 »

3. No money has been sent to Katrina Victims yet.
MobileAuthority, IS THIS TRUE? :shock:

Then, that means those council members who voted these funds still have time to recind this decision and raise those funds themselves? Get a chair, sit outside Safeway or Starbucks; I'll stop by and drop a twenty down! UH... showing leadership? Hey, there's a concept! :wink:

Sure hope they DO. That money should be spent HERE! There are sidewalks which already have histories of being partly responsible for pedestrian accidents still languishing years after our citizens have tripped on them, and the long since faded orange paint band aid solution is not working. :!:

CITY MANAGER OUT

Post by guest »

The city manager has been fired. He is out.

City Manager is Fired!

Post by Guest »

According to the Vallejo Times Herald...Ben Anderson could not make the meeting so it was delayed until next week...So what are you talking about?

Katrina Funds???

Post by Guest »

Why has the City not sent the donation that was approved for the Katrina Relief Fund? I am very upset that what I though was a very worth-while cause has not been followed up with on the City side. What is going on?

Post by guest »

City manager gone gone gone. End of the story.

Honestly

Post by guest »

People....................wake up. One of our fine female council members doesnt even own a home or rent a house in American Canyon. Her whole family (husband and kids) lives in Dixon for god sakes. She says she rents a room..........Are you kidding? Why is this allowed?

Mark Joseph is a hard working guy with a good head on his shoulders. He is dealing with amatuers.

Post by Guest »

People....................wake up. One of our fine female council members doesnt even own a home or rent a house in American Canyon. Her whole family (husband and kids) lives in Dixon for god sakes.
The problem just starts here. We've had a Mayor/Council member who owned a Nursery (that benefits $$$$ from more people around) making LAND USE decisions for the last 8 years and MJ let him get away with it. Council battling trivials like skate parks when the roads and congestion were going to rack-and-ruin. Lack of planning for high schools that only now come to light and see movement. Monies promised to Katrina efforts not yet paid... and lets not forget the WALMART debacle.

Coffey has provided a wake-up call to the entrenched council.

tis the season...

Post by guest »

I agree with the above poster. It is about time this council got on top of the problems and lack of leadership in the local government.

Merry Christmas AC.
amcan

Post by amcan »

Mr. Maguire, be careful. slander is a new word for you, look it up again to make sure your not doing it. You need to relax and take a vacation.
You just stated that you were the only one Vintage ranch let rent out homes as an investor, I wonder why they told others NO. Hmmmm, lets think about that, we'll bring it up, should you run for council. Remember to get all of your facts straight and get ready because we don't want a bigger casino, nor do we want the element.
Loris fiasco with the pavement incident was forgiven, not forgotten.
Cory B. said Lori changed, she was anti-Cindy so bad at her bar, and now best friends, enemies close seem too close for this town But as usual, you missed that she gave Lori credit for the good things she had done, which is why they helped her to get voted in again, Cory and others were helping Lori, she absolutely turned her back on them, is that using them? Now she will have a fight and it may be to keep her job. Lori should do the right thing like Cory said, her actions are as if she's gone already. She probably gets her medical for life now and can move on. Lori did a lot of good before her re-election.
You need to take notes on who you are going to back, wouldn't want to overdo the ad in the post if you disagree with Coffey. I haven't seen you make a decission for yourself yet, you seem to run on her heels.
Yes if Mark gets voted out, he will be fine, but he needs to stay and the Council, Mr, Maguire, must listen to the people or they have the ability to vote them out. There are truly only 5 maybe 6 that are on here that ever see this your way, so enjoy. Oh i'm sure you have lots to say.I should call Cory and let her know your calling her names again, you know she takes care of her dad. Time spent with family is never waisted, is it Mr. Maguire? Why don't you try and get along, If you have a problem why don't you try talking to her, you might be enlighten or educated or just yourself, before you continue to blast her. noticed you haven't been on the camera much lately, nothing to ad. That's right you will give all the amunition for when you run for council.
Good day Mr. Maguire
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

blah blah blah

Post by Paul Maguire »

Hide behind your guest name, not man enough to come out and put your name on it...

Your conspiracy theory on Vintage ranch is. well, ridiculous. If there was such a conspiracy why would I openly talk about it?

Why do developers not sell to investors? Long story, but the short of it is, they often dont perform if prices dont appreciate doing the building phase, thus a builder can lose a number of sales in each subdivision, and miss quarterly numbers, resulting in big losses on stock value and ability to obtain credit. That, from a major developers mouth, who will entitle close to 3000 new lots this year.

Card room element? What element? You seem more like an element to me frankly. Undesirable element, hide behind your guest name, take shots without facts, make unsubstantiated statements like 5 or 6 people agree with me, etc.

Your claim about making decisions and all this other rhetoric, is well, rhetoric. I have written a number of articles about this community and have not had ONE negative response on any of them, In fact, the comments were positive, good points, glad someone said it, and so on.

Try to do better next time, I mean come one, cant you come up with anything better than this? Really call around, work together, send out an email, have a meeting, put together a strategy, and come up with something really good, real dirt....lets try to keep the post on the quality of esquire magazine....you quality of post is really degrading to the quality of the site.

Thanks for thinking of me though,

Love always, xox

Paul

PS Happy NEW YEAR :D
Guest66

Wassup???

Post by Guest66 »

Geez Cori giving credit for good things? I don't think so, she was back-handed at best and definitely not sincere. As for Luporini turning her back on those who elected her, thats a joke since all still support her except for the peanut gallery critics. Maybe she sees through the veil of deception that so many pretend to hide behind. Maybe she sees that your way isn't the "best way" for the majority of the residents and not just your few.

As for Paul Maguire he has done a lot for this community his business donates to non-profits, he provides a safe local adult entertaining nightspot. He also has a dealing school that gives people an opportunity to work here in the community. He is very positive and forthright. Sometimes we may not agree with his stand on mental health issues but he is a doctor and he is entitled to his own opinion. Especially since it is an epidemic that some teachers prefer to drug our children to "control" them instead of being creative and instructing them.

Last let's not forget the city manager. Yes, if what is said does happen he will be fine and so will the city. The bigger picture and what should be considered more greatly is who on the council cannot be trusted with the very private matters of closed session. I would think that would be a greater threat to the city's future. That person is the one who needs to be removed due to lack of trust and integrity. Once again your views cloud the big picture. And yes we all know who you are.
guest with question

Leaks, drips, waterfalls

Post by guest with question »

Since so much emphasis has been placed on detecting "leaks" lets pursue this. "the city is in financial problems, just wait and see" "there's more to come"
there are only two council members who post here-should we hold them responsible for leaks on this forum? One continues under the anonymous "guest" or is the finger pointing going to continue?

Post by Guest »

How do you know there are two council members on this forum? Why not the other three?

obvious or oblivious?

Post by guest »

Two council people have signed on using their names. D-U-H!~
amcan

my comments about Mr. Maguire

Post by amcan »

I did some checking and it does appear that Mr. Maguire was not the only one allowed to rent homes in Vintage Ranch. I misunderstood his post as he actually said he was the only one he knew of that did an exchange as an investor.

In retrospect I was harsh on him, and he has done good for this community. At times in anger I put up posts that later I regret, and this was one of them.

Here I am telling him to get along and yet that was not what I was doing. The bible says we need to take the log out of our own eye before we complain about the splinter in our fellows eye.

This is a humbling post but realizing my error, it was only right.

Sorry Mr. Maguire, you deserve better, and although I disagree with what you may say on a particular subject, my politics gets the best of me.

Happy new year to you and all of american canyon.
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

amcan's comments

Post by Paul Maguire »

Apology accepted. Happy New Year.
Al Donaldson

City Manager

Post by Al Donaldson »

I have spent some time today reading some of the comments on the forum. Unfortunately, I see a gaping problem that exists on many forums .... annonimity!!!! It should be required that people leave and identity in order to validate the comments are legitimate!!! No name = Comment is worthless.

It is great for people to involve themselves in their community but only if it is constructive, either positive or negative.

signed - Al Donaldson

Re: Al Donaldson's Post

Post by Guest »

Even though I do not agree with your annonimity post, I hope you will not take my opinion of your letter regarding Mark Joseph in the Vallejo Times Herald as worthless. I felt it was excellent!!!
Mobilehome Owner

Fund Raising

Post by Mobilehome Owner »

Since I don't have much insight to what Mr. McGuire has done for the community, I for one would like to see him do a weekend day Fund Raiser for the Mobilehome Owners(those who also rent the land) to help us and the City enforce the Rent Stabalization Ordinance. Any owner who does not follow the Ordinance is allowed to do whatever or however he chooses when he increases our rents. But, instead of the City or the Napa Housing Authority advising them of the lack of procedures they must follow the residenance have had to hire lawyers. So, far two parks have been hit in this way.
Most residence are elderly and have been here as long as 30 years or low-income families. We are struggling to raise the money for the RSO to be upheld and followed as it was written. If you calculate the money the city collects from us and the Park owners at $12 a year for the administrative services for the RSO you will come up with a pretty substantial amount to cover alot of the expenses the City says they have paid for, for the law suits that the City has been involved in with the RSO being attached.
What I have seen is progress in the city with all the new business, homes and some wonderful people coming to live here, but their are 4 Parks here and they have been here even longer than this has been a City. It seems that the focus is on building, building, building. What happen for the support for the people who have lived here way before and put their effort into making this a City in the first place.
We are not getting any support from City Council except their time, their shoulder and their suggestions of what we should do. The City Council is who approved the RSO ten years ago. To my knowledge the RSO was very useful for at least 6 of those years, but we now have greedy Park Owners who have their eyes focused on $$$$ and not on the people.
So, Mr. McGuire why don't you contact Larry Asp, President of the American Canyon Manufactured Home Coalition (Mr. Garcia or Ms. Coffey should know how to get ahold of him) and see what the two of you can get going before anymore people loose their Mobilehomes because they can't pay the rent or afford to hire a lawyer. :D
Stunned

Fundraiser

Post by Stunned »

Why in the world do you think Mr. Maguire should sponsor a fund raiser for the mobile home parks. As you stated there are 4 parks...Surely, the residents themselves should be able to come up with an idea to solicite funds? I'm stunned by your suggestion...
amcan

Post by amcan »

This is amcan1 to amcan2 who apparently tried to apologize on my behalf. I appreciate your apology to Mr. Mcguire on my behalf however it is not my opinion to do so. Any one else coming in can number a long as amcan 3, 4, 5, 6, and so on, however i am the amcan that brought up that Vintage Ranch said no to investors and that they had a list(a long one) and I would not apologize for facts that are in writing. Thanks for playing this game so much better than others by replying to your own writings and when met with opposing views you just rewrite their thoughts with their name attached to lesson your burdan of proof. It makes this a site for those who are not about truth and only a game of words. I now see how it is and look forward to your run at council as we will all meet with you then with all of our comments and questions. I wonder if a certain person we all know, continues to write on behalf others, maybe it was she pretending to be amcan.Good luck with all of this.

Council Watcher on TV

Post by Guest »

What did Lori say in response to public comment and why did she leave?
Truth seeker

Lori

Post by Truth seeker »

Apparently the truth about her residencystatus hurt. She said she was quitting and left the meeting.

Council Meeting

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the info...It was hard to hear on TV! What does that mean for the next council member? Joan Bennet??? Who was the next highest vote getter...Can't remember! I thought Al Donaldson was right on!!! Time someone else besides the "usual" nahsayers showed up at the meeting!
I will however give Cindy credit for her stamina and will give her credit for questions asked... I have watched Council Meetings since Roger Cypher, on a break, was going to assault someone during a break... Tonight's meeting, during public comment, was the most interesting meeting I have ever seen.

Post by Guest »

Lori did not quit. Her daughter had surgery today and she should have been at home with her. Even council members have personal lives and also FEELINGS!!!! Gee...this is a new concept!
so.....Joan Bennett is not in yet!!!!

Post by guest »

The entire viewership saw it as she quit and left, the public has just begun to ask why we are paying these people to show up and leave or without a request for recess just leave. We should take a recess to allow council people to get the answers they need to questions they have, if they have to leave.