American Canyon Mobilehome Residancy Law (RSO)

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.

American Canyon Mobilehome Residancy Law (RSO)

Post by Guest »

Well the RSO has been ruled "CONSITUTIONAL". Go figure after it has been in place for 10 years and many have tried to abide by it gool ole' Mr. Popkins and his attorney Mr. Rodriguez got their answer after 4 years in the court system.

Maybe! the City Council will back up the people in the parks and step up to the Owers and tell them the "RSO must be followed as written" and then maybe the residents won't have to hire lawyers and/or be pushed out of their home an/or forced to sell to the Park Owners for pennies on the dollar.

All we all really want is to live peacefully and stressfree in our homes and not have to work 6/10's a week to survive on our small salaries.

A Mobilehome Owner and a land renter

Post by Guest »

I am interested in exactly how it reads. I am a previous owner of a mobile home and have several family members who currently live in them. Do you know if this only applies to American Canyon?

Any information you can provide would be most helpful. Thank you and congratulations on the good news!
Mobilehome Owner

RSO

Post by Mobilehome Owner »

The RSO that Guest was talking about is only for American Canyon, but many other cities have them too.
Yes, it is a wonderful WIN. So, Park Owners need to start adhearing to it. They also need to follow the California Mobilehome Residency Laws.(MRL)
You or anyone who wants a copy should go to the City and ask for a copy. Unfortunately the Mobilehome Owners who rent from the Park Owners don't get copies of the RSO and many of them don't even know about the City having one. When they talk to the Managers/Sellers of the homes it seems to be over looked and many are suckered into a Lease. When they enter into a Lease they also are releasing any protection from the RSO and don't even know it.
Also, I have seen some Leases that contradict the MRL and this puts the Park Owner in even more control of that Mobilehome Owner.
We need your support and alot more people here in the City.
260 Park Manager
Wanderer
Wanderer

RSO and Civil Codes

Post by 260 Park Manager »

I don't know what park you live in and I am sorry that there is so much anger between you and the owners of your park. It does not make for happy residents.
First of all may I say that you should be able to get a copy of the RSO from your park office and a current copy of the civil codes.
A copy of the civil codes should be mailed to you by Feb. 2 every year by your park management. If not then you need to ask why and if not given an answer call me.
When new residents buy their home and go through the intake process they should be given a copy of the RSO along with their month-to-month agreement and the lease option what ever that maybe. They should be given 31 days to make a decision on which they want. I ask that they bring back all of those documents and put a sticky note on the one that they want if they want the Month to month then they keep the copy of the RSO if not then they return it. I also tell them that it does not make for easy reading which it does not.
Just for your information as long as 51% of your park is Month to month then the RSO is not in jeapordy.
The other code that oversees Mobilehome parks is the Title 25. You may want to look at that.
I hope this helps.