Concerned about older neighborhood near wetlands edge and eu

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.

Concerned about older neighborhood near wetlands edge and eu

Post by Guest »

Hi,

My Family has just put a down payment on a new home in AC! We are (or we're) very excited about the move from Hayward to our new place. We decided to spend a Saturday cruising the area to see what AC had to offer, when not 3 blocks from our new home to be is a very old run down neighborhood.
So we decided we better check it out, to our amazment it wans't just an old neighberhood that concerned us....it was the fact that everything seemed to be very very runned down. We even saw a house with a weight bench on the front lawn, and 3 men drinking beer! Talk about buyers remorse! Anyway I can't seem to get anyone to confirm this? Am I over -reacting? Was this a fluke? I'm considering pulling out before it's to late. Whats the story with AC? Is it a nice place to live? The reason I'm moving out of Hayward is to get away from that type of element. Can anyone shed some light on my story? thanks
itsmevicki
New User
New User

no, you and your family will be happy here

Post by itsmevicki »

Hi, we are recent transplants from napa to AC, we have been in our home sence last December. So far it has been wonderful. No regrets whatsoever! Our home is about 13 years old, in Victoria Faire, just up from the elementary school. Our neighbors are very nice, and its a quiet neighborhood except for a few dogs, no biggie! :D

I hope you are still looking forward to moving to AC, I think its a great place to live, and has a lot of growth in its future.

-Vicki :lol:
i am 18

Post by i am 18 »

Are you sure youre talking about AC or you thought you are but meant vallejo rancho area..... or vallejo.... i lived in vallejo for almost my whole life, my family just moved to the new houses in american canyon not to long ago. I have friends and been to american canyon many times but then now living here i really got to say its a great place to live. Much better than vallejo, how the community gets together and its really REALLY!! PEACEFUL!!, its way cleaner, better than vallejo, more organized, and more friendlier. if you came across like the wetlands, i think your talking about vallejo rancho area... i lived there since i was 5 its sort of pleasant but not really... american canyon is a great place to live... again did imention how greath the community here and how friendly it is... even my parents agree... but i hope youre choice is the best choice and goodluck but i got to say AC is great, nice, just great!!!..
JR

PULL OUT THE DEAL NOW!

Post by JR »

I'VE BEEN HERE FOR 2 1/2 YEARS, I TOO HAD THOSE SAME CONCERNS. WHILE MY WIFE ENJOYES THE COMMUNITY, I DO NOT(BUYERS REMORSE). I STRONGLY SUGGEST PULLING OUT AND GOING TO THE OTHER SIDE OF HYW 29(VINTAGE RANCH). YOU WILL GET BETTER GAINS ON YOUR INVEST BECAUSE ON THE WETLANDS EDGE SIDE, THE OLDER HOMES WILL PLACE A CAP ON EQUITY RISE OF THE NEW HOMES. NOT TO MENTION THE AFFORADABLE HOUSING PROJECT BEGINNING NEXT TO WATERTON IN THE EUCLIPTUS GORVE!

Post by Guest »

But, did you really think that American Canyon was a brand spankin new community? I have to say that since they have started building the Wetlands and Waterton areas, the older neighborhoods have started cleaning up. I have noticed a HUGE change in that area.
I love living in American Canyon. Even with the growth that we are currently experiencing, it is a wonderful place to live and raise our kids.
We moved here from Marin 4 years ago and don't regret it at all.

vintage ranch?

Post by guest »

Note, vintage ranch will have over 700 homes as well as low income housing. :shock:
Informant

AFFORADABLE HOUSING PROJECT

Post by Informant »

:?: AFFORADABLE HOUSING PROJECT ...what are you talking about?
There's no Affrordable housing project going in next to waterton......
leforme
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by leforme »

I have to agree regarding some of the older homes here in AC. In fact I live in one. We have tried our best to keep our property in like new condition and we have put a great deal of time an effort into it, but it is very disheartening when our neighbors let the weeds grow, they won't paint, they don't even perform basic maintainance on their property. It brings all the property values down. I would have moved out of here last year if I could have gotten my husband to agree. I can't see the older homes being anything but eyesores for the most part, unless a new type of owner moves in. A prime example is the home across the street from us. The former owners painted, and re landscaped before they sold the house and the new owners have let the yard revert back to weeks again.
Rick Thein

Re: Wetlands area

Post by Rick Thein »

My family moved here 7 years ago from Fremont. The neighborhood we moved from was very much like Rancho Del Mar. It was a working class neighborhood and many were first time buyers. Recently we visited the old place and the change was incredible. The worst areas have really been fixed up with rebuilds, additions, etc. In American Canyon, the City is working to reconstruct the wetlands, as was done at Coyote Hills, in Newark, and Clark Ranch will be a little like Ardenwood, in Fremont. I would also like to mention that our schools are pretty good too. American Canyon Middle School and Napa Junction School both won Most Distinguished School awards this year.
One thing is for sure. Good neighborhoods can go bad and bad nieghborhoods can become revitalized. Its up to the community itself get involved and make the changes, instead of just complaining about things. Our family is very proud to call American Canyon home. You will Find your selves welcomed here! :D
Linda
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: AFFORADABLE HOUSING PROJECT

Post by Linda »

Informant wrote::?: AFFORADABLE HOUSING PROJECT ...what are you talking about?
There's no Affrordable housing project going in next to waterton......
The affordable housing will be on Theresa overlooking the re-aligned Eucalyptus Drive.