Apartments by Walmart

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.

Apartments by Walmart

Post by Guest »

Have you seen the apartment complex going in next to Walmart? These three story structures are huge and going up very fast. Any idea when they are supposed to be completed. And any idea what businesses are going in there?
fed up guest in AC

Post by fed up guest in AC »

I am certain the type of businesses going in there will be as follows:

Drug sales
Prostitution
Section 8 (low income) housing

apts..

Post by guest »

For Fed up:

As a person with rental properties with Secion 8 renters-not all of them are bad people. Bad things happen to good people.
The tenants for my three rentals are all section 8 and have compelling stories.
-A mother of 3, whose husband and primary breadwinner was killed in an auto accident.
-The single father, who is ex-military and on disability from injuries he received defending our country who is raising his two daughters in a clean, christian environment.
-The grandmother on fixed income who is forced to raise her grandchildren, because their parents are unfit.

I have seen crime, drugs and other behavior in the more "desirable and expensive" parts of town.The proof is in the papers serving our community. Don't be so quick to judge.....

Lastly, not everyone can afford to purchase a $500-850K home- the apartments will fill that need in our community. Some of the residents may live check to check, but they also want their children to attend good schools and live in a safe town.

Post by guest »

So the businesses will be Section 8 housing, drug sales, and prostitution. Not all section 8 housing tenants are bad- some are and they will show up.

Post by Guest »

Well too bad, get over it. Thats what makes our world evolve. The good with the bad. That is how society works. You have poor people living with wealthy people. Its like that everywhere. This city is like that, this state is like that, the country and the world.
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

tough going in apartments these days

Post by Paul Maguire »

Just to chime in here- It will prove to be difficult to rent those apartments and my prediction is that unless they take in a number of rent assisted tenants, they will likely be lowering rents a few times to fill them up.

The new apartments in Fairfield lowered their rents 3 times then went to a 99 dollar move in special, and they still have a number of vacancies after 2 1/2 years. These are the ones off of Suisun Valley Road behind the Ranch development build by DR Horton.

Being in the apartment business, it has been tougher to rent here than say the East Bay because we are so far from jobs. Now there is the Ferry and such, but with the lack of commercial and amenities here now, I think it will be tough going for while renting apartments here.

Long term, when the town center comes in, and the other commercial centers are built out, the prospects will be better.

I may be wrong, we will have to see-in part it depends on how many units they build and if they phase it or build it all at once-

condos

Post by guest »

apparently now the developer wants to take those into condos. so much for affordable new housing for renters.

Post by Guest »

All of the new apartments I've seen being built recently in neighboring communities have nice tile roofs. I am shocked to see tar shingles going on the new apartments by Walmart. You would think with so much attention going into the new center, the apartment complex would have been approved with a tile roof. Tar shingles appear cheap and outdated on such big project.

my oh my

Post by guest »

You are surprised? This is no elaborate fanfare project. The choice of anchor tenant proves that. Let's wait and see if there are trees planted along with grass or just asphault. :roll: