KJ Nails

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
Concerned

KJ Nails

Post by Concerned »

I would like to get the word out that my mother and I received deep tissue infections from receiving pedicures at KJ Nails in American Canyon. In talking with women that I know in the community it seems that my mom and I aren't the only ones who are experiencing the uncleanliness of this nail shop.

Please reply with your comments. I have made the proper report to the State Licencing Board located in Sacramento, CA.
Mel
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Mel »

The last time I was in there getting a Pedicure, they tried to use a USED scrubber on my feet. I stopped her and had her use a new one that I wanted to watch her unwrap. She gave me a terrible look and was rude the rest of the visit... Course they were all talking and I do not understand the language, but I am sure they were talking about me...
I remember watching a huge news program on this very issue years ago and remembered to always watch where they get the instraments and scrubbers. They should always come out of the disinfectant and they should always use new scrubbers.
I was wondering when I'd hear something about them...
BlueJay
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

oh no!

Post by BlueJay »

I'm relatively new in town and hated to read the above reports! I've been getting my nails done at KJ! Luckily no infections so far, but I won't risk it again.

Does anyone have an alternative nail salon to recommend?

Concerned

Post by Guest »

I went back to my old stomping grounds after this incident to Pretty Nails located in the Village Oak Shopping Center of Martinez. Located at 1155 Arnold Drive, G. (925) 372-6271. I realize this place is not exacly local. However, I will guarantee you it is clean.

The spa chairs are cleaned with dark blue disinfectant for approximately ten minutes after each customer. If you see a spa chair that has not been cleaned with this blue cleaner...do not get in it. This is how infection is passed. From my understanding the same water from person after person is being circulated through the pipes of the spa chair.

On to nails: Pretty Nails specializes in Pink & White, which I think looks absolutely beautiful. Oh and after having a manucure or nails done you walk away with your own file, buffer, and smoother. They're Great!
LaVigneLola

Spa Referral

Post by LaVigneLola »

I use Spa Belissima in Canyon PLaza. Angie is great! She gives the bowl pedicure with botanicals, exfoliants, and astringents. The process takes about one hour and she focuses on you. Not talking to her friends in a foreign language on the stool next to her.

It is all very relaxing and soothing. She guarantees her polishing that it will have outgrowth before chipping and she is right. I have used her twice when I couldn't get into KJ and now I am hooked. I find that I can go longer between the pedicures and manicures because she doesn't rush and I love to be pampered.

I can tell you that it is well worth it and your time. Call now: 554-0500 ask for Susie or Sel.

Local Business

Post by Guest »

There are several issues which need to be addressed which were brought up in this thread:

a) are our local service providers using adequate care and clean environments for their prosective customers? The owners should have this brought to their attention and given an opportunity to remedy the situation.

b) Referrals: whether pro or con, referral business can make or break a business. In our city, there are very few alternatives to solicit. Obviously, businesses offering excellent service will benefit from happy customers.

c) Sending business out of town. I think this is a bad idea, but of course, there's a very fine line to walk. If someone receives terrible service or had a severe medical result, as a result of bad service, then I would still bring it to the attention of the owner.

Sending people out of town to spend their dollars, should be a last resort.
Concerned

Post by Concerned »

In response to your quieries above Guest:

a) I did call and ask for the owner, manager, person in charge, etc. I was rudely told that they were not there. I made several attempts to complain and was hung up on.

b) From the feed back that I am receiving and documenting. I am trying to make the rest of the public aware.

c) I suggest that I refer to the news in the past few months. Infections and non-sterilization of instruments that are used on the public is a crime and nail shops have been shut down as a result. Therefore, I went back to someone I can trust who happens to be out of town. How do you even know that KJ Nails is properly reporting their income? You have to realize a lot more is at risk other than an out of town referral.
BlueJay
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Post by BlueJay »

Thanks for the referrals, Lola and Guest.

I'll definitely try Spa Bellisima. Good service AND local: Sounds like a win on both counts!

Martinez place sounds good too, but maybe a little far for me for now. Just getting to know the area and such....

Thanks again for the tips, Neigbors!

KJ nails

Post by Guest »

I am glad to see I am not alone. I have never had my nails done there but my daughter did about twice a month for almost a year. The last time she was there she called me when she was finished and I came to pick her up. She had put her money on the counter in front to pay him which I saw he then told her how much and she went to push it to him and it was gone. I saw it and there was only myself, my daughter and the nail person standing there. He got extremely irrate when we asked if could have slipped on the side onto the floor where he was standing and he refused to look down saying there was no money and she was just a stupid kid, then they all started talking and not in english which I feel the same way(they had to be talking about us) I paid him again but did not tip him and he asked for one I said you got your tip and he followed us out of the salon to the car talking in his own language.
Within a week I had her at the doctors because her nails were red, swollen, cracking and starting to bleed. I took her into the salon to show them and tell them the doctor was making a complaint and so was I. They just put their hands up to shove me away and back me out of the door way talking rather loudly at me then shut the door.
We have not and will not go back there again.
I am sorry someone else had to get sick.

KJ

Post by Guest »

I go to KJ every week for a manicure and pedicure. I love the service, prices and excellent work. I have never encountered a problem in the eighteen months I've been going there.
guest1

nails

Post by guest1 »

I mentioned this to my wife. She and her three friends go there on a regular basis for manicure and pedicure. She called her three friends and none of the 4 have had any issues, complains or bad treatment about the service they have received.

Sorry about your boo-boo!

Post by Guest »

Has anyone had problems with back waxing?

KJ

Post by Guest »

I used KJ nails for the past one year. I was fortunate not to receive an infection, however, I did notice they were not cleaning the tubs properly. At first I thought KJs was great, but the pedicures & (tips & fills) began to be rushed which resulted in poor quality nails. While I was getting my nails done, I began to notice how rude they were to some customers and sometimes to myself. At times it seemed like they would herd in their customers and became blinded with trying to get as many people done so they can get the almighty dollar instead of focusing on quality workmanship. Too bad. I don't go there anymore, nor does many of my friends. I did hear rumor that the new plaza might be getting another nail shop. I sure hope so. I will try Spa Bellisima. :wink:

Post by Guest »

They have the best Chinese food in American Canyon!

Post by guest »

I went to KJ Nails the other day to get my nails done. I had let the gel nails grow out and they were coming off, so I needed to get them redone.
I asked to have my nails done in fiberglass and she said she could do them this way. She then proceeded to do them in silk wrap and not fiberglass as I had asked. I thought maybe she did not understand, so I let it go, since she had already started. When she applied the glue and then the silk, topped with a snow looking stuff, it burned like I have never had before. I told her how much it burned and she shrugged her shoulders. Two days later, the nails started popping off. I have a bad feeling now about them. I have been going to them for about one year and have changed care givers several times. I won't go there again.
I don't think they care about what anyone thinks. It is that almighty dollar, you know. They won't be getting my 40.00 any more.
:!: