City Council Meeting 8/18/05

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.

City Council Meeting 8/18/05

Post by Guest »

I couldn't help but think that Lori had to be saying "I told you so" when the subject of the kids crossing and cars turning to get to the new grammar school came up for discussion last night at the meeting. When was that about a month ago she questioned what was being done to get these kids to school. I just don't understand why this problem wasn't looked into when it first came up.

Negative

Post by Guest »

Interesting observation only. If she wanted to do anything about it she should shut her trap and stop cahooting with Coffee and get their butts out there like Leon Garcia did and help/consult with the problem.

Both of the above councilwomen every other week look for something to complain about. Traffic and Canyon Oaks school this week, weeks before Soporotimist before that Fourth of July and always Cori.

They are both so negative and need to go.

Coffee was rolling her eyes the whole time that man from the Philam's was speaking. So disrespctful to everyone.

I am sorry I voted for both of them.

Previous Poster

Post by Guest »

That's kind of funny, I'm sorry I didn't vote for them... I find that usually Cindy is reporting the complaints she has received in e-mails. So as far as her relaying the information to the council, I consider her doing her job of representing those who did vote for her. In Lori's case, she's been around for quite awhile and she seems to notice things that look like future problems. Example: the use permit of the land donated by Newells as a "preserve".
Embarassed

Council Meeting

Post by Embarassed »

I was absolutely embarrased, as a resident of the city, to recognize several individuals for heroism last night "WITHOUT" the framed document in hand. I think the Fire Chief was too! Then it happened again...
Goodness sakes! Cecil, please read it before you have to present it and make sure you have it in your hand or lets stop the "Kudos" stuff before it takes over the business agenda of the meetings.

misc.

Post by Guest »

Miss Coffee does not receive hundred of emails regarding so called problems. If she is quoting she's received fifty calls it really means one, one hundred means two ans so on. She is a great manipulator of people and circumstances.

Luporini is playing her like a Arkansas/Bentonville fiddle though.

Post by Guest »

The post directly above mine is very wrong. I work at her paper and I see the emails that are sent just through her work! I can only imagine what goes into her city mailbox! She does not manipulate anything. She is a very passionate and strong councilwoman and is on council for a reason.
myopinion

council meeting

Post by myopinion »

I swear Coffey must write her paper during these meetings. All she does is doodle and write notes in between rolling her eyes at the small, undeserving people. I know in the past, it's been mentioned-she's forming ?s. With all that writing-does she have short term memory loss, or what>
Between the eye rolllings and Lori's 'blame Mark"..it's getting very, very old. Thes two women possess so much possibility..it's too bas they are blinded by their self-righteousness and arrogance that they are losing alot of support and credibility in town.
a/c resident

meeting

Post by a/c resident »

I watched the last meeting and didn't find what the previous posters are saying to be true. In fact just by the writing of the posts I can tell who these people are.....over and over again.

For the record: Luporini has complained for many years about inferior crosswalks surrounding the schools and gets lip service from the city manager as usual as with any issue that is not important enough for him to make it happen.

Coffey during the meeting before last specifically asked about the crosswalk situation on Flosden. Or don't you remember? Bob Wiel public works director assured her that an easier crosswalk would be painted and that the lights would be fixed before the first day of school for Canyon Oaks, I remember it happening. The city manager confirmed. And yet on the first day of school .....zip...zero....nada....it hasn't been done.

So beloved Garcia who is currently campaiging for next year gets out there and by his own words....has a caucas is helping the situation? Yea right!!
As for the notes Coffey is taking, if you don't write down what people are wanting, asking staff to do, what staff promises to do in order to keep a record of it, then how would you discipline when things are not done? Do you just keep them on board even though they are not following through with the policies dictated by council? I wouldn't. It is called a paper trail and anybody with any business sense knows that one is needed when you are in a position of responsibility. How can you hold people accountable when you don't have dates and times?

I like Coffey's style, and have seen a positive change with council on issues with working together, talking things out and creating some good choices. She has the guts to ask the questions and challenge. That is why she was elected because she is not a "status quo" rubberstamper. Actually if you watch the meetings Shaver always defers to her first, knowing that she does ask the really good questions. Maybe because she is still new and does the homework. Whatever the reason I know I like it.

I have for years emailed other council members about problems and Coffey is the only one who responded. Now I have received an email from Luporini, but never from the others not even Don. I am comfortable enough to email Coffey weekly about things in the city like problems, concerns, or if there is something I don't understand that I watch. We feel like we can and she hasn't told us not to. My whole neighborhood does often. Maybe not as often as me but pretty frequently. Or we stop by the office. Hopefully we catch her there.

As for the rolling of the eyes during the PhilAm Presidents talk, you are making that up as it is Luporini who usually rolls her eyes. His own people were laughing at him in the back. He kept repeating himself over and over again. Heck even I was laughing at him at home. I think he needs to be more prepared with something written and not "wing" it he doesn't remember what he says. His message was lost especially since he kept harping on the fact that the Philippinos are moving into the new homes. Which is fine. But if you only have three minutes to speak and you ignore the rules of the council and continue to support your own agenda it could be construed as a complete lack of disrespect for the government. Then people would carry that over to the outside world and the dealings they have with these folks on a community level. Everything is relevant. It is that simple.

Luporini is frustrated. I have watched her demanding attention to such issues as water loss, equal employee treatment, stop signs, and fighting with the county to insure our rights, property, and interests protected. I see a frustrated woman who gets no cooperation from the other members of council who have for the last 7 years dismissed her concerns at the urgance of the city manager as "PMSing". A typical male response.

But reading the papers during the last year, I see Luporini having the last laugh as everything she has been complaining about coming true without solutions.

As for this so-called "negative free zone" that is a button worn by Anderson. It is not new he has had it for awhile. Start a new bandwagon and come up with something positive like let's get our money's worth with the city staff and not continue to employ deadbeats that make costly mistakes costing the city hundreds of thousands of dollars then maybe there would be enough money for the kids, schools, and roads.

I could list 10 people who are in this so-called positive strategist group, but why bother then there wouldn't be anything to write about. What people need to know is that since this city was created it has been a reactive government. Why? Because of lack of experience from the council, city manager and senior staff. Because of allowing a handful of people attempting to dictate policies after the fact. Now the council is finding that to be a costly way of doing business. They are trying to change it and it is meeting up with some resistance. From a few members who think they might not get reelected to others who are fearful of thier jobs.

It is these reasons that create discontent among the community and drive people to have to complain for progress thus creating the negative zone. It is all common sense. What is the solution? Get more people willing to get things done without excuses and demanding follow-up. The track record of the past does not show that. It is time for more of a change and unless the remaining members don't get it together it will happen throughout the city as it is only a matter of time.

I don't post on here as much as I would like but when I do you get a novel because it is all pent up inside I call it my therapy........