Lena's

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.

Lena's

Post by Guest »

I was wondering if anyone knows, with all of the development going on, if Lena's will remain in tack? We don't have many original structures in town and I would like to know what the future holds for this building. I would like to see it possibly become a museum or information center for visitors to the many future amenities that AC is planning.

Post by guest »

I am sure the developer will give you the building and you can move it somewhere to keep it for "historical significance". Otherwise, it will be bulldozed and a new structure will be built there.

Lena's

Post by Guest »

Is that whole parcel (Lena's and homes) part of the Napa Junction Project?
Also, is the steel facility going to be removed?
Linda
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Linda »

As far as I am aware Lena's and the homes are not part of Napa Junction.
If I have read the plans correctly the project is in front of both the steel works and the houses.

Another building of interest...

Post by Guest »

I thought I read that the property at the corner of 29 and Eucalyptus has been purchased. The frontage ( architecture of the roof line ) has always caught my eye when coming over the hill, south. My understanding is that it use to be a train depot back when we were Napa Junction. I hope with the new developments popping up in town...someone will step forward in the planning department and try to save a couple of the historical buildings for future generations. If not the whole building maybe portions.
If you visit the mining towns in the Sierra Nevada, the ambiance is the history of the area that is so attractive. I hope we don't lose that to new strip malls or office complexes.
Linda
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Linda »

what corner of Eucalyptus?
Lori

Lena's

Post by Lori »

Lena's is not for sale. The owner, Fred Negri will not sell the property or even keep it up. The house is not habitable, as it is full of black mold and also out of complience with the permit of use. It has been vacant for over a year. It is sad that this property cannot be improved by someone who would value the history of the building and the property. :cry:

Post by Guest »

JUst so you all know this is NOT the original Lena's as everyone thinks. The Original lena's use to be across the Railroad tracks and burned down in the late 30's. So as far as historical its kinda loss.
As far as moving the building,you better have the BEST masonary crew avaible. thats what it would take as far as moving the building Cinder block by Cinder BLOCK.
JUst some info for you all
The Guest

History

Post by The Guest »

Just curious...Does anyone know the oldest building still standing in AC?

Post by Guest »

The old Basalt plant (other wise known as the cement ruins) on the Eastside of Highway 29

Post by Guest »

Is Lena's for sale or not??? There is nothing in the windows or on the building but I thought an insider might know?

going going gone

Post by guest »

Lena's has been sold to Buzz Butler from Lakestreet Ventures. I heard he paid way too much for it but needed it for the rear entry to his project.