Pastor Curry

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
Mel
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Pastor Curry

Post by Mel »

Pastor Curry, if you can't say anything constructive, maybe you shouldn't say anything at all. Your comment last night shot at Councilwoman Coffey was in very poor taste and very unchristainly.
You are full of hate and that can't be good for those that look up to you.

Curry

Post by Guest »

Like his name indicated- he's hot. You go Man!

Last nite he was expressing some good points until he uttered the C-word.
I think his points got lost because of that below the belt comment. There was a murmur through the meeting chamber.

Post by Guest »

Okay...he IS taking this way to far...i feel he may be stuck on the fact that he lost the election...he's kept doing this stuff sense then. At first he was just....mr curry....now he is going overbored! i see what you mean!
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

pastor Curry

Post by mindingcitybiz »

Where to start? As a christian and person who follows their religion I find Pastor Curry extemely offensive. I wish he would remove the title Pastor from the front of his name, because Curry is no longer acting like a Pastor. Instead he is acting like the Pharisee's who cast judgements against Jesus. How can the man forget who he is serving. Did you forget you cannot serve to masters. Curry is passing judgement on someone he does not even know. Instead of putting articles in the newspapers slandering people, he should be getting down on his knees confessing his sins asking God for forgiveness. Nobody, not even his flock knows what his beef is against Cindy Coffey.

Pastor Curry, I lift you up in prayer and hope you will examine your words and your purpose and bring yourself back in line with what the Lord has in store for you. Remember the flesh will consume you, but the Lord will give you peace.
a/c resident

the good doctor

Post by a/c resident »

I found the whole meeting to be rather amusing. I had to rewatch the tape to make sure I understood what was really happening.

Bus. 1- The park commission puts out a work plan dividing the work load between the commissioners who sometimes don't attend because they have to pay thier bills. It was openly commented on by commissioners that the work plan was incomplete. It was also stated that there wasn't any real type of plan to implement. So why did the council approve it? Why was coffee the only one who said no?

Bus. 2- Attendance was questioned along with other items in the code on these appointed positions. Why did people get offended? So what if the council wanted to look at it. The way the commission behaved was appalling. The whining of "members don't have to catch up" or "we work well together" or "this is a great commission don't break us up". Give me a break it's not about that, it is about voting and being there. If you can't quit it's that simple. I tape those meetings and what was LaVoy saying about missing 2 meetings over 6 years...I don't think so-- she has not been there plenty of times.

What about Garcia's comments, when you could hear him, about how this needs to be discussed behind closed doors. Oh sure that would really float the boat. The council was doing thier job. These people are not employees they are appointed to things obviously that other people wanted.

Bus. 3- Why does the city need 46K plus for software for a complaint process that could be internally written with a good programmer? Mark treats the city's money like his own bank account. He is very irresponsible spending the city's money and all of them voted for it. What the hell?

Don't get me started on Curry, Garcia a self proclaimed shrink should be able to recognize bi-polar disease. Surely Mr. Maguire would recommend medication to "fix" this man's issues. He is certainly very hateful veiled in the "cloth of God". It is people like him that make those Catholics who abandoned the church to be Christians quit and go back to being Catholic again. He gives the Christian Church a bad rap. All I can say for the flock that follows is "beware of the Kool-aid".
a/c resident

the good doctor

Post by a/c resident »

I found the whole meeting to be rather amusing. I had to rewatch the tape to make sure I understood what was really happening.

Bus. 1- The park commission puts out a work plan dividing the work load between the commissioners who sometimes don't attend because they have to pay thier bills. It was openly commented on by commissioners that the work plan was incomplete. It was also stated that there wasn't any real type of plan to implement. So why did the council approve it? Why was coffee the only one who said no?

Bus. 2- Attendance was questioned along with other items in the code on these appointed positions. Why did people get offended? So what if the council wanted to look at it. The way the commission behaved was appalling. The whining of "members don't have to catch up" or "we work well together" or "this is a great commission don't break us up". Give me a break it's not about that, it is about voting and being there. If you can't quit it's that simple. I tape those meetings and what was LaVoy saying about missing 2 meetings over 6 years...I don't think so-- she has not been there plenty of times.

What about Garcia's comments, when you could hear him, about how this needs to be discussed behind closed doors. Oh sure that would really float the boat. The council was doing thier job. These people are not employees they are appointed to things obviously that other people wanted.

Bus. 3- Why does the city need 46K plus for software for a complaint process that could be internally written with a good programmer? Mark treats the city's money like his own bank account. He is very irresponsible spending the city's money and all of them voted for it. What the hell?

Don't get me started on Curry, Garcia a self proclaimed shrink should be able to recognize bi-polar disease. Surely Mr. Maguire would recommend medication to "fix" this man's issues. He is certainly very hateful veiled in the "cloth of God". It is people like him that make those Catholics who abandoned the church to be Christians quit and go back to being Catholic again. He gives the Christian Church a bad rap. All I can say for the flock that follows is "beware of the Kool-aid".
Still laughing

Council Meeting

Post by Still laughing »

i thought the whole mtg was hilarious.

Curry's comments were a bit over the line.

Luporini's apologies were furtive at best. Showed lack on conviction.

Coffey's abstaining on a motion showed lack of understanding. But she's still learning. Some possibility there.

Rivera's comments seemed honorable and refreshing. I bet he's still waiting for the list of complainers. That was a classic!

Blame the '%%$$@ newspapers comment hilarious!!

No 4th july bashing- a breath of fresh air
Honoring Feltcher inspiring

What else can you say?

By the way the commission wasn't whining. They appeared to be standing together as a team, and supporting each other. The rest of the city should try it.
AmCan06*

Post by AmCan06* »

AmCan06 wrote:Okay...he IS taking this way to far...i feel he may be stuck on the fact that he lost the election...he's kept doing this stuff sense then. At first he was just....mr curry....now he is going overbored! i see what you mean!
NVM...I heard the story

channel 28

Post by Guest »

My neighbors in Waterton told me about ch.28 for the meetings.

Last night was interesting. Does this happen all the time?

Who is the large angry lady who sat at the right side. Is she paying attention-she always seems to be writing (doodling, balancing her check book, crossword puzzles) ??

Where do these mtgs take place? Are they open to the public?
Mel
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: channel 28

Post by Mel »

my2cents wrote:My neighbors in Waterton told me about ch.28 for the meetings.

Last night was interesting. Does this happen all the time?

Who is the large angry lady who sat at the right side. Is she paying attention-she always seems to be writing (doodling, balancing her check book, crossword puzzles) ??

Where do these mtgs take place? Are they open to the public?
Well, that is Cindy Coffey and she is far from angry! When you see her writing things down, she is making notes about what everyone says so she can respond accordingly. Make no mistake, she IS paying attention for sure.
Well, my2cents, if you think Cindy was angry, how do you feel about Pastor Curry and his below the belt comments? Now THAT was not appropriate.

Follow Up ??

Post by Guest »

Well that makes sense. She did ask some follow up questions.

Who is the other lady? What's her story?
Who is this gentlemen you are referencing? I didn't watch the entire mtg. I start work at 6:00am- so I tend to sleep early.

All the people seemed to be working together well. That's good.
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Pastor Curry

Post by mindingcitybiz »

My2cents -- It is quite evident by your comment that you have been here from sometime. So quit acting like so niave. You should know by now that Cindy Coffey is the only Council Member who actually takes notes. It is something people should do, especially for reference later.

The previous city council meeting the budget 05-06 was approved. Had you watched it or read the minutes, you see that projects from previous years were just rolled over and more monies allocated. So what was the money spent on previously, because nothing had been done.

25K was allocated to review the needs of Kimberely Field. Hmmm? Why not spend money wisely. Spend more morning in hiring an architect who can design the needs of Kimberely Field. Have a town hall meeting, take input from the residents and wham an architect designs it. The City Council Approves it and work gets done. It is not rocket science.[/quote]
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Morris violating his own moral code

Post by Paul Maguire »

The idea that someone has a title in front of their name makes them ethical, is just not true these days. Look at Priests having sex with boys as a recent well published example. Psychiatrists having sex with patients whom they are supposed to be counselling. Lawyers revealing confidential information.

This issue here is one of ethics. Ethics are reason. Ethics include doing that which is for the betterment and survival of the individual, the group or mankind...or in this case, the city. Mr Curry seems to be violating his own moral code, thus his ridicule.

Certainly none of us are perfect, nor am I. But the difference is trying to do good, efforts towards survival, efforts towards the common good, vs efforts simply to antagonize, destroy, suppress, or otherwise harm.

Morris Curry has a long history here in American Canyon, and has done many good things. I think he is a decent person. But clearly he has gone from actually trying to help in some instances, to harming and in some cases, straight out personally attacking the people.

His nattering(nagging) about Councilmember Cindy Coffey is troublesome. It never seems to stop. His personal shot last night at Councilmember Luporini was uncalled for.

He is hostile towards others but is covert about it. As an example,when both Kathleen Shamat and Cindy Coffey brought up issues at council a few sessions ago, Curry comes up and asks if these were brought before the parks committee - he then chastised, in a way ,both these ladies in essence saying that they shouldn't be here until they go elsewhere. Well, that was shot.

Some would say his flower presentation to Cori last night was as much as a slap to Coffey and others criticism(including mine) than it was to recognizing Cori. Had the presentation been a genuine thank you, it would have come on the 7th, after the event, not as an afterthought 17 days later. It was in my view a bit of a covertly hostile way of snubbing those who were critical as much as it was a gift of recognition.

Curry is often out of order. Running up to the microphone during council meetings in inappropriate and out of order, but the mayor allows it. The public comment period is the time for this, as is the comment period on the item being discussed.

He is a hard one to figure out sometimes. But in his heart of hearts, I personally believe he wants to be helpful, he wants to do good, and he has a purpose to help. At times of late, he has been off that purpose and has been nagging up a storm about his target Cindy Coffey, who he some how has in his mind is his enemy to go after. Its a game. A crazy one, but a game none the less. He has taken his statue in the community and damaged it in my opinion.

It is a waste of his energy and talent. I am hopeful he will get back to focusing on those things that gave him stature in the community, and act like the leader he can be. That would be something that we would all support.
Inquiring Mind of AC

Post by Inquiring Mind of AC »

I work full-time and unfortunately my hours prevent me from attending these meetings. I'd like to know when these City Council Meetings are televised. I hear that they are on Channel 28.

Please advise. Much appreciated. Thank you!
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

They are televised live on channel 28 during the council meeting. Starting at 7:30PM.
Visit AmericanCanyon.com --- Your online source for everything City Of American Canyon, California.

Post by Guest »

mindingcitybiz- your shot at my2cents was really uncalled for...

comment

Post by guest »

I think My2Cents is also antagonistic there are only two women on the council and to say the "large" woman on the right versus woman on the right is a downright insult undercover. Pitiful.
Mel
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Mel »

"Guest" I agree my2cents could have just said the woman on the right, being that Lori and Cindy sit on opposite sides of the table... Easily identifiable

Post by Guest »

She is large so what. So am I. I dont want to be referred to as the skinny person.
The Guest

Suggestion 4 My2Cents

Post by The Guest »

I would like to suggest that My2Cents and any other new on-line posters read the old topics that are available on this on-line site.
When I first ran across this site (several months ago) I was extremely surprised to see what the topics of interest were and what people had to say. It was quite an education.
On another note, I also can't understand the City Council approving the "complaint line" program for $40K plus when Issa has done this for nothing!

Questions?

Post by Guest »

I know for a fact that Pastor, Reverend, Dr. Curry has had at least 4 different names for his church groups since coming to AC years ago. It seems to change as often as his title. Why?

Regarding commissioner's absence records, Dan Judge's article in today's Vallejo Times Herald is really quite accurate of the meeting the other night, in case you missed the exchange. Since I watched this meeting on t.v. I was wondering if Dan was actually present at the meeting to hear the criticism of his first article?
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

pastor curry

Post by mindingcitybiz »

I am not sure if he was at the meeting, but in today's herald there is a follow-up story which is probably one of the best articles I have seen him write about American Canyon. The actual truth.

Also for anyone wanting to get caught up on city council meetings, you can go to the city offices (where you pay your waterbill) and checkout video tapes for city council and planning commission meetings for the previous year. You also can go to the library and on the top shelf behind the counter is the city books where you can find minutes of each meeting. Or you can go to http://www.ci.american-canyon.ca.us/ and down load the minutes for past city council and planning meetings. I think they only maintain the past year online.

If you have any questions at anytime you can contact the city offices and speak to Kay Woodson the city clerk at 647-4352 and she is more then happy to point you in the right direction.

Pastor Curry

Post by Guest »

Under another thread, that requested no negative remarks was a comment:
"Pastor Curry is the backbone of this community".

We are indeed in need of an adjustment then!

How can a minister with a Rodney King "Can't we just all get along" gospel on Sundays, turn into a "munchkin" writing "Ding dong the witch is dead" on a Monday?
what the????

Post by what the???? »

For the person who wrote this?? A little judgemental? How can you put down entire religions or faiths because of two men and their opinions.

No wonder it's been so hot..if you get me drift...
Linda
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Linda »

[quote]It is people like him that make those Catholics who abandoned the church to be Christians quit and go back to being Catholic again.

Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe Catholics are Christians!
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Pastor Curry

Post by mindingcitybiz »

Linda wrote:
It is people like him that make those Catholics who abandoned the church to be Christians quit and go back to being Catholic again.

Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe Catholics are Christians!
No Linda your not wrong. I think what the person ment was catholics who leave who leave to pursue other denominations go back. Many people who are christians are not versed in their religion and make that mistake.

Just for the record a little religion history. "Christians" are people who believe in and follow Christ. Jews would not be Christians because because they do not believe he was God's chosen one. (Except Jews for Jesus). Muslims would not be Christians because they believe Muhammod was the chosen one. Buddist would not be Christians, because Budda was a philospher and buddism is a way of life. So in order to call yourself a Christian you would have to believe Jesus was the Son of God and follow his way. Which is why in earlier bibilical times groups of people who followed Christ were also known as the "Way". Oh and Christ "Way" was simple. Love your neighbors as you love yourself. Now you can see why the world is in such a pickle most people don't love themselves.
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder

Post by Issa »

mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Issa

Post by mindingcitybiz »

Cool website, I will bookmark it.

So I put in "Christian"

Christian
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

This article is about the religious people known as Christians. For other uses, see Christian (disambiguation).

A Christian is a follower and believer in Jesus of Nazareth and the religion of Christianity. The term may also describe an object associated with Christianity. The term Christian means "belonging to Christ" and is derived from the Greek noun Χριστός Khristós which means "anointed one," which is itself a translation of the Hebrew word Moshiach (Hebrew: משיח, also written "Messiah"), (and in Arabic it is pronounced Maseeh مسيح). According to the New Testament, those who followed Jesus as his disciples were first called Christians by those who did not share their faith, in the city of Antioch.
Contents

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian

Thank you, Issa as always your just a wealth of information.
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder

Post by Issa »

Its the wiki-pedia for the word Catholic. Wikipedias are dictionaries/encyclopedias but are written and edited by anybody on the internet.

For example there is an American Canyon one. And I went in and added my website to the external links section: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Canyon
Echo Reader

Echo August Edition...

Post by Echo Reader »

Quote from Pastor Curry, "I know that I am an inflammatory person (by choice)". So that's the game... I did notice at the city council meeting, after insulting Cindy, he questioned whether to continue speaking but opted to end there. That is not the case in the Echo.

Also, it looks like Paul finally gets his acknowledgement for his 4th of July donation. I'm really not sure what planet Cori is on!
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Echo Reader

Post by mindingcitybiz »

I would really like to know what he said in the Echo. If my pastor ever acted like Mr. Curry, I definitily would have to find a new church.

I couldn't feel comfortable with a pastor who is preaching one thing to me and then out casting stones in public.

The Echo

Post by Guest »

American Canyon Video on Poco Way always have some of the first copies of the Echo available. You will be interested in the Letters to the Editor section.
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Am Can Video

Post by mindingcitybiz »

I heard they were closing up shop. So is the Echo out front?

Pastor has the blues...

Post by Guest »

Did anyone else read this letter to the editor from Pastor Curry? You now can't access it on the internet without being charged by the Napa Register but I must admit it is worth about $.50 just to read it! The man never stops amazing me with his letter writing!

Post by Guest »

Curry is a total wack job.

Just in Case You Missed It!

Post by Guest »

The American Canyon Eagle - October 25, 2005 Editorial & Letters
(In Case You Missed It...Here It Is!)

Even Pastors Get The Blues
Editor,
October has been designated as Pastor Appreciation Month, but as a pastor myself I want to weigh in with my appreciation of all those pastors who labor day in and day out, sometimes under pressure that no one knows about - even those in their own families.
Last month, after 20 years of service to the congregation under my care, I had an emotional breakdown.
It was not one of those kind of emotional breakdowns that required hospitalization or professional care, but it was one of those instances where as a human being (pastors are human) you just are fed up with the hell in the church. As a result, I decided to resign. I wrote a letter to the congregation expressing that I had had enough and that I would call each of them to discuss their concerns. After talking with those who chose to show up for the meeting, I confessed that I had been focusing on myself and not the gospel of Jesus Christ, which is always the case when we succumb to most human situations. Like Solomon, we focus on things
"under the sun"(human stuff) rather than things "above the Son" (eternal things). Some in the congregation could not move beyond my human failing (nothing immoral, just a difference of opinion) and choose to leave the congregation. Others chose to stay, and they asked me to do the same, which I did.
What I learned was no matter how much a pastor encourages the flock under his care when they have emotional breakdowns, there are those who will never get beyond his humanity; it is as if pastors are not allowed to hurt. It is always about for them how well you run the "business side" (temporal) of the church, and not the "spiritual side" of yours and their life. No matter how many of their relatives you bury, marry, visit in jail or take a frantic mid-night call from, parishioners don't give pastors the benefit of the doubt when they face a crisis moment in their lives.
So I want to thank and appreciate all those members of the congregation that I serve, and thank you (and three other pastors, you know who you are) for showing me your appreciation when "my soul was downcast" by encouraging me with your prayers and your touch. I want to give my appreciation to all pastors who serve the congregations of Lord Jesus Christ, because only a pator knows what a pastor endures.
Happy Pastor's Appreciation Month.
Dr. Morris A. Curry, Jr.
Hmmm

Morris Curry Jr.

Post by Hmmm »

Well it is about time this pastor got off his soapbox and realized the error of his ways. The question I have has Curry really repented? As of Thursday of last week Curry was still on his political attack mode. Hey were all human and make mistakes, or error in judgements, but every church I have ever seen where the parishioners were divided over the behavior of a pastor, the pastor has always left the congregration. I can't recall where a pastor has maintained his post, or where their was such a swift resolution.

Well Pastor Curry I hope that you have truly repented and will lift you up to the Lord in my prayers just the same.

Pastor has the Blues...

Post by Guest »

It's only common sense that when the shepherd cries "wolf" the sheep will scatter!
amcan

Post by amcan »

Pastor Curry is human too, it is his faith in the truth that sees him through. In biblical times there were a few that had stones thrown upon them by those who didn't understand. The time will come, the truth you will find and those who cast stones(words) will finally see that it was for the truth. That is not an ungodly thing, in fact more truth should come forth, facts are good gossip is bad. He is the chosen messenger by Mrs. Shamet, and so be it. Now comes the point to validate the truth and let what will be will be. This site allows the people to speak their peace, i believe that there will be peace soon and the city can go on to move on. To expect it to be calm would be unrealistic. The 1/2 cent tax increase is a manouver to get the taxes we will receive from the walmart sales. Not necessarily what needs to happen but will cause a bit of a flurry in town.
I believe that Cindy represented us well on that point due to the talk about town & the County. The county needs american canyon to get this tax through.
itsybitsy

tax increase-walmart-curry

Post by itsybitsy »

Wow you said a mouth full.

1. Most Pastors I know wouldn't be spreading gossip, but counciling Ms. Shamat. Which may have something to do with Pastor Curry repenting.

2. The 1/2 cent sales tax was never spoken during any of the WalMart meetings.

Personnally I pay enough taxes and since they are working on getting another walmart 1.5 miles south where the taxes are cheaper, how many of those people begging to shop in their own town will find themselves in the next time.

Curry

Post by guest »

That Curry changed his life because he is the"Chosen messenger for Ms. Shamet" is an absolute joke. He's been here for many years and knows how to play the game. (Keep quiet for awhile then attack in his pajamas)
He'll be back!

This City is experiencing growing pains...

I read something recently that was somewhat offensive...The next Council needs to be 30 to 40 years old...By voting that way you are losing possible Council members that have lived the "History" of this city. Listen to the new and old residents who may step into the arena. Remember there has to be a balance in this city of what has worked in the past and where we are going in the future...
Guest in Awe

Let's reflect

Post by Guest in Awe »

I have lived here for about 12 years so let's reflect.....

The experience of the "historians" in the city had such an influence on this city's future...

1) How long have they been trying to get a high school?
2) You call that a post office?
3) You have no real community center for the people it's a gym controlled by the school district.
4) The pool is undersized for the total anticipated buildout.
5) Mostly nothing was followed on the original general plan.
6) The out of control residential growth has made it so that your children can't afford to live here.
7) You banned redevelopment due to one councilmembers fear that his run down poor excuse of a nursery wouldn't get bull dozed for something better and guess what it happened anyway.
8) The council allows the city to spend money like it is unlimited.
9) There is no management accountability for problems in the community.
10) Due to the lack of redevelopment the city will truly become a "gateway to Napa" with all of it's split up parcels filled with gas stations and fast food restaurants.
11) Yes and not let's forget the fiasco with the poor planning of the new potential Super Center that the county is planning to enjoy the fruits from and the city will end up paying for forever.

I would say that there has been some serious thought put into the planning of this city from the "historians" they certainly made a boatload of money with thier properties. Now it is time for the younger people to plan in order to protect thier investments and hope that they too will enjoy the same return on investment that you have. After all they are the ones who paid top dollar, have kids in school and the time and money to invest in the community.

They are not a bunch of Archaic seniors trying to control and manipulate the city's growth on a prehistoric hunch. It is indeed time for a change. Remember change is good!

Post by guest »

sounds like you may be thinking of moving. The town is in a direction the historians anticipated or they were ignorant. This will still be a wonderful town because of the people in it. Reflect in the fact that we are not alone, all cities have changed and will continue to change for the good and bad. We could have stayed as Napas dump, riddled with their garbage and salvage yards to be forever an environmental desert. Things change, people move, everyone who owns a lot makes money and the children move north, it happens everywhere. Save your money for your children if you want them next to you, or better yet you will see like in the depression years that families lived together(happens in the bad times). Go North and buy more for your family if that's your priority as the pace will continue homes have gone up to $950,000 in town. This town, Our people, need to get priorities straight because the town is progressing to meet with our neighbors in Napa and we are deserving of such prices in Napa County.
Mel
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Mel »

Our town is in the midst of a leadership crisis and I implore you to become aware of the issues related to what is now the alleged Dis-missile of City Manage Mark Joseph. This is action by our city council is worse that the "Grinch who Stole Christmas" especially when our city is in the midst of completing various projects now on the horizon.

Case in point is the Oak Hill project, the Affordable Housing issues, Water, Transportation, Commercial and Retail expansion and a new High School. How can we convince our partners in the rest of the valley that we have rational leadership especially when we are asking for their help with bond issues that are vital to the completion of some of these project, especially the High School

It is no secret that our city government is the laughing stock of the county, and Luporinin and Coffey lead the brunt of jokes that stifles our city being taken seriously when it comes to making rational informed discussions for not only the good of the valley but our city as well.

We need intelligent leadership and the people we have in office now are good people, but the are not good administrators. It is time that we put petty personality differences aside and decide what is best for this city when it comes to business administration. The removal of Mark Joseph is not good business administration, in fact his removal is nothing less that a personality clash and power grab by Luporini and Coffey.

We as citizens need to make sure that our elected officials operate on behalf of the good of the populace and not on the whims of their personality disorders. They can hide behind the rule of "personnel confidentiality" but we need an explanation that a serious breach of ethics and job performance that damaged the reputation and performance of the city is the real issue for the Dis-missile of our City Manager. I want to know what the "progressive discipline" steps were, ever if Joseph was an "At Will" employee there are certain steps that must be adhered to.

We as the electorate must never give up our rights to govern to an elected few who have come to act as if they know it all and that their election has given them the right to act on our behalf without truly consulting us about their decision. We as citizens should have a way, other than voting the bums out of office, to have a legitimate voice to condone their actions.

Therefore I call for the RECALL of the following City Council members: Mayor Shaver, Vice Mayor Luporini and Council member Cindy Coffey. I just wonder how proud is our electorate of the "Vote" they gave to put these people in office. I think you are embarrassed.

Morris A. Curry, Jr.

159 Donaldson Way

American Canyon, CA 94503

707-293-6199

OH good lord! Here we go again! Why can't the City Council just go straight to Curry and get his permission to do ANYTHING in this City! This is rediculous! When Curry doesn't get HIS way he demands for recalls! So 2nd grade PASTOR (not) Curry. :roll:
Rudolph

Nose red with Shame

Post by Rudolph »

Shame on you Mr. Curry, I would use Pastor but I believe you have lost that level of respect. I cannot hold you to the same level as the kind Pastor from Open Door and others here in our town. You are a disgrace to this community with your flaming accusations.

You aren't any better than those you critisize. You are the one who has a personality defect. Most who have "breakdowns" do as they can't function in society. I don't think your church will continue to support you, or the church landlord continue to rent to you. It is time for you to move on and quit shaming your flock, your family, and your community.

You profess to respect people but I don't buy it since you have so little respect for yourself.

As for Mr. Rivera, your behavior is also in poor taste and before you write your typical response of "at least I write my name" I choose not to. You know me as I attend church with you although we don't talk to eachother. There are several of us who supported those people and will continue to do so. I will not be supporting Leon even if he is a Holy Family Church member. I am ashamed that all of you have stooped so low as to engage in destructive propaganda that is ultimately more hurtful to Mr. Joseph than to the council members that are named.

While I don't know Mr. Joseph personally, I would have to think that the council has very good reason for any actions it may choose to undertake. There are many issues facing our city and quite frankly I am not liking what I see and it isn't the council's fault.

Mr. Rivera I am also ashamed that you are a Parks Commissioner and as such you should show respect to those who you serve. You seem to take the job so lightly. That bothers me. Just because you don't agree with what happens they are the elected council and you are an appointed commissioner who needs to show unity with governmental decisions. You profess to want people to put their emotions aside yet your posting are filled with them and mostly hate.

This is Christmas. Let bygones be bygones and move on. I know that change is difficult but always better. Just like there will be a change during the next election and thanks to Mr. Curry I know how it will be. I will not support a council member who openly discusses personnel issues and jeopardizes the nature of confidential information being discussed in the council's closed meetings.

I have lived here for over 20 years and I haven't been too vocal but by God I will be now. Shame on the press, Mr. Curry, Mr. Rivera, and the small group of people in this town who think they control the future. You don't and if the last election didn't prove it I am sure the next one will.

Merry Christmas to everybody!
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

For Rudolph

Post by VicRiv »

Thanks for your input.

Feel free to contact me anytime to discuss what troubles you.

In the interim, I suggest you get out a bit more and get to know your city manager and elected and or appointed representatives.

Have a good day.

No Forgiveness!

Post by Guest »

I consider you to be a complete phony...In my darkest hour you stepped up and offered to help but when the police became involved you were no where to be found...Shame on you! I will never forgive you!
for Guest

What and WHO??

Post by for Guest »

Who and What are you talking about?

Pastor Curry

Post by Guest »

The post from Guest was referring to Pastor Curry. As to what I'm talking about, I will say that I am sure I am not the only resident in AC that has had a very negative experience with this man.

rudy,rudy, rudy

Post by guest »

Let's see if I have this right. You live here for more than 20 years and don't know the city manager. You go to chruch with someone and don't talk to them or know them, but feel OK to complain.

The group of people you mention were showing support for mark joseph nothing else. get out more and meet people and get their side before yiou start saying things