Good News in AC or surrounding Areas

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Good News in AC or surrounding Areas

Post by Paul Maguire »

This is a new thread to POST GOOD NEWS in AC or Surrounding areas- we all hear enough Bad News brought to us from every corner of the world to our living room, so this is for GOOD NEWS- Kind of like my friend Mark Victor Hansen who wrote the Chicken Soup for the Soul series, this will be chicken soup for the AC souls- good news, and only good news, you know, we all need good news! Great news stories, Good News, Great personal stories, all good news stuff!

I will start this with some good news:

Property values are going up up and up in AC- so if you own some, you're doing well. From mobile homes to high end, the highest priced homes in American Canyon right now are in the Waterton Area, and closed just under 900K. In the Marsanne development by Standard Pacific Homes, their two large plans will start closing in the high 700k to 800k over the next few months, depending on the upgrades.

Further, Napa/Vallejo/Fairfield area is the FASTEST growing area in N California- there is lots of new retail and commerical development going on; which will bring even more value to the area,as it brings more services.

Even Vallejo has had closings just under 1 million in the Hyde Park development at Northgate(they started in the 600K -low 700K range- and are now pushing over 1 million and will have sales over 1 million in the next 3 -5 months as they close out hte development.

Long good story made short- AC is the place to BE if you want EQ UITY!

AC prices and inventory are still low comparably- its only going to get better and better! IF they seem high to you, they are not even close- a good majority of the homes selling today for 600-800k should be in the 1 million or more price point in the next 5 years or so- why? not enough inventory for the number of home buyers who want them- need proof, go to the Standard Pacific Development- NO STANDING INVENTORY- AT ALL- SOLD OUT at every release- granted a few come back, but they resell them long before they are finished- Standing inventorymeans finished houses sitting there- they just dont have ANY. And at each release, they push prices another 10K, which pushes up everyones values here- GOOD NEWS FOR HOMEOWNERS IN AC!
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Todays SF Chronicle

Post by Paul Maguire »

Note todays chronicle,front page- real estate values up up and up all over the bay area- great price appreciation- good news for homeowners!
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Good news in AC

Post by Paul Maguire »

Here I am in LA, and I got good news about AC- Whats the good news- first a comment, then the good news-

It would seem that there are some in our small little town who are gossipy, and overly critical of others- If you think I am talking about you, I am- give us all a break, and find something good to say.

THe good news is, most of us are not that way, and the vast majority of us just want to get along- enjoy our town, and each other. If you think I am talking about you, I am, and thanks for being such a great neighbor.

We have here such a great group of people who are friendly and community oriented. I think we should focus on that, and just enjoy the beauty of our small little town- the sunsets are incredible out by the shoreline, - walking along the bay waters edge is pretty at dusk- for those of you that havent been by, go check it out some night- its great.

So the good news this week, is that we are fortunate enough to have a much larger portion of great people living here who are positive and fun and neighborly, and only a small portion of neg balls- Have a great week everyone!
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Good News in AC

Post by Paul Maguire »

The new grammar school is just about done, and if you have not seen it lately, it is coming alive. The landscaping is looking great, and the park next door has had the cement walks poured- it is all staked out to complete.

By the end of this summer, it should all be done, and looking great.

This is going to be a fantastic addition to AC- And a place where young minds will learn, be filled with ideas, and go on to become the next great generation of youth.

Remember Vinyl Records- Remember 8 Track- Remember when VHS came out- Remember when CD's were new- Remember when there Was NO INTERNET, CABLE TV;

I wonder what it is going to be like for the generation of children going to that school; what will there future hold;time will tell; but I bet it will be alot different for them 20 years from now, as it is for us from 20 years ago-
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Broadway Re Alignment

Post by Paul Maguire »

It appears the city will be re aligning Broadway with a light, sidewalk, etc by the end of the year. For those of us who use it all the time, this is REALLY good news. I was rammed once already by a guy coming down AC road driving off the road to make a right turn while I made a left off broadway onto AC road-

That will also dress up that area too. :)
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Anyone else have any good news in AC

Post by Paul Maguire »

Come on people, whats happening that IS good NEWS!
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

New planning director brings fresh eyes and new ideas

Post by Paul Maguire »

Change is inevitable, and our current planning director is retiring.

I like Ed Hayworth, our current planning director, and think that he has done a great job with the projects on his watch. Specifically, looking at the new school and the development at Vintage Ranch- the lighting, the addition of stone on some of the posts, the walkways, park and so on. He is a great asset that AC will be losing with his retirement. I disagreed with him on occasion, but usually agreed with him on most things- the bottom line was at the end of the day, he got results and the jobs got done, and done well. Our community should wish him well.

But with change, comes excitment, and in this case, the new planning director will ,I am hopeful, take us to the next level.

THere is still much to do, and redeveloping OAT HILL will be a major undertaking, that will bring a much need facelift to the hillside, especially along the highway 29 corridor.

The new shopping center across from Safeway will bring additional services, and I have no doubt that Rick Hess will build a great project. I know he has been working hard on it, and working with Bob Weil the public works director to work out future needs of infrastructure as well.

Rick even did one better by going into his pocket to relocate the other tenant on the property, which really showed class in my view.

Like all Developers, no one agrees with everything they do, or everything they build, but in Rick Hess'es case, you cannot argue that the Canyon Plaza is a bustling center of activity for several businesses and services.

With the new director coming on board, I think the city will get a fresh set of eyes and experience to move forward to the next level, and put together beautiful projects- and that, IS good news.
LittleLeagueDad

the Paul Maguire Hour

Post by LittleLeagueDad »

Paul....Paul....Paul.....
While I thouroughly enjoy reading all of your anecdotes about "life as we know it in American Canyon", all I can say is geez guy get a life.

Half of what you are speaking about regarding "changes" are in the works or have been discussed by the city council. While I agree that sometimes bureaucratic b.s. from the city staff boggs down progress, one must agree that things are improving.

Obviously some of them you don't like, some of them are not fast enough, or most importantly those of which you aren't aware of.

I can honestly see through your discussion attempts that you are trying to raise public consciousness about obvious problems within the city and for that I commend you. However, you compliment on one hand and criticize it in the next column.

I regard this much like your past campaign. You never took a position on any issue but instead you would offer up a praise/criticize solution without merit. It is very apparent that you would like to run again for city council and as a person who actually voted for you all I can say is tone it down guy.

I watch the city council meetings faithfully. My wife is a nurse and I am always home watching our kids. I am not a fan of the basketball hoops either but relax it is being followed up on with the council. At virtually every meeting somebody is reminding of the need to expedite an ordinance on the issue.

I like you and think you have a lot to offer and yes, I too have been in the adult amusement park on occasion and it is great! But coming from me one guy to another relax you are scaring people and children. You are also coming off a bit tedious too.

All I can say is pay attention, get the facts and go again next year. I'll contribute and vote for you again but please for the sake of your future campaign relax.

Post by guest »

Little League Dad hits a home run!!!
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Paul Maguire »

LLD- I am SOOO RELAXED..I am RETIRED. LOL

Thanks for your support in the last election- even though I "never" took a position on any issue, but as you say, offered a praise /criticism approach- well, I guess that worked for you, as you voted for me in the last election and supported me- your confidence is appreciated, and your concerns noted.

Please dont take my enthusiasm for the art of the possible as my being over anxious about things- or not having a "life"- that is just not the case at all.

The whole point of this thread as you pointed out IS and Was to raise awareness about positive things that are happening- you know about them, I know about them , but most dont know about them-

Take the Broadway Re alignment issue- its been on the radar for a long time as you noted- but when the city FINALLY gets to hiring a firm to do the work- thats when you know something will actually change- and thats considered good news in my book.

The Veterans Park- same thing- been on the planning board for quite a while, but, still stalled.

Thus, in my view chief, you get REASONS or you get RESULTS- and there just isnt much else.

It is a positive thing to get results; thus progress can be made.

THank you for acknowledging that awareness is being raised by this web site and the posts that are here. I agree.
leforme
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by leforme »

That is wonderful news :lol: But what about the older homes in Rancho and Napa square?