Motocross track

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
someone

Motocross track

Post by someone »

i really think that american canyon should do something for the youth besides starting on a skatepark that was said to have been done when i was in 8th grade, well now im in 10th almost 11th. so what happened to that? i dont want to drive to dixon every time i want to ride, and now its illeagle to ride in the fields. so i think a.c. would really benifit by building a track for dirtbikes and charging to ride on it, because when the quarry wasnt blocked off, so many people rode out there, now if u build a track, the city could get money and everyone could ride legally and have fun. so stop building houses and do something for the people!!!!!!!!!!!!
joie gondola

Post by joie gondola »

i do understand now since i'm pushing 50
american canyon needs to go back to it's roots we all had plenty of areas to ride plus with old Vallejo Speedway to race at .Us rancho boys made a big mark in racing and we can say we had plenty of areas to practice at.good luck and wish you well and finding a place to ride .theres enough houses screw them and leave a little riding room.
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

Hi, I'm in college now but I understand what your saying, I would have to disagree though. The kids in AmCan do not appreciate what the city does, nor would they take care of such a place. I grew up in AmCan and I know there are some good kids but a lot of them are morons who dont give a crap about anything. Why should the city care, they dont pay taxes or do anything in return.

How come you dont attend any city council meetings? I swear I am the youngest person that probably ever attended one, if you want to change anything then get your butt to a city council meeting or email the council staff.
Visit AmericanCanyon.com --- Your online source for everything City Of American Canyon, California.
Enorym

Post by Enorym »

A kid is a kid...I would rather hear construction than the sounds of Motocross bikes in my back yard...the construction being temporary and the motocross being perminate.
Joe

Post by Joe »

BUT AS A KID RIDING OUR DIRT BIKES THE CRIME WAS NEXT TO NONE KEEP BUILDING THOSE HOUSES AND WAIT UNTIL THE EQUIPMENT IS GONE AND THE HOUSES GET FAMILYS IN THEM SO THE WINDOWS IN YOUR BACK YARD WILL NOT BE CLOSED OF MOTORCYLE MOTORS BUT BARS ON THEM FOR CRIME.
bleh

Post by bleh »

building houses does not facilitate crime. building houses brings in tax money and increased revenue for the city.

what would a dirt track bring? noise. dust. injury. higher insurance costs. we dont need that. the point of having to drive so far to ride your motorcycle is that it does not disturb people and does not cause any problems for local residents.

and bottom line: more people = more crime. so what you are proposing is: more people + motor cycle dirt track = more crime & noise & dust & annoyance.

no thanks. keep that crap out of my city.
Joe

Post by Joe »

what do you mean your city my family has lived in the area 80 plus years before American Canyon was anything if i do recall it was named Napa Junction.