Luporini

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.

Luporini

Post by Guest »

Her second council term expires in November, and she's not returning to city government or the restaurant business. Luporini takes her real estate exam in a few months, and has a job lined up at Vallejo-based Kappel & Kappel.

She and husband Larry, a city employee, will be leaving town in search of an affordable home that offers a large lot to house their horses, llamas, dogs and birds. They're considering Dixon or Woodland, so Larry can still commute to American Canyon.

"I'm ready to make enough money to buy a home," Luporini said.

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO HER LEAVING TOWN! This article ran in the Napa Register back in May.
homeboy

luporini

Post by homeboy »

Why do you care? Things change! Have you seen the prices of the houses here in the area, and do you know what the council gets paid?
Do you have any idea what city employees make? How many employees of the city live in the fancy new houses? Maybe the city manager for one, and the only one. Why are you so against Luporini? Not one council member was elected with a majority of the vote. There were too many candidates, despite what one claims.

Misc.

Post by Guest »

Your right. I do not have anything against Luporini and can understand why she would choose to stay in American Canyon, it's a great place to live. My family has been here over 50 years and now my grandchildren are growing up here. Alot of us used to commute over to the Foremost for employment and Mare Island. Boy how times have changed. The young families that move into American Canyon seem to have goals and are hard workers (affording those big new homes). I applaud us "old-timers", we've laid a solid foundation for the town.

why ask?

Post by guest »

There was an election and two people won. Lori was one of them. Enough already, who cares if she didn't leave town. How many of us have had to change life plans? For whatever reason her family's had changed.

Quit trying to stir up the crap. The current council seems to be at ease, friendly, and working together. They have been getting the business at hand done in a prof. and respectful way.

I think now is the time for the community to work with the council and help them with future decisions by providing input on future projects including the general plan revision.

We don't have to work with her, the other council members and staff have to work with her so until we read something she has done in one of the papers get off of her case. In fact get off of all the council members cases.

Let's work together to get this high school built, a new senior center, and our streets fixed. I ask you to not harrass any of the council members until they give us good cause and so far I like what I have seen. Things are getting done and running smoothly.....time will tell.

God Bless! and thank you for reading my piece.

Post by Guest »

Luporini has ALREADY given many of us good cause not to like her. She has much to answer for given the condition American Canyon is in right now. She and Colsleazer have made us what we did not want to be... Napa's bedroom. The council seems to place the development of Oat Hill higher than fixing the streets, getting the high school and getting the senior center in. Let's add fixing HW29, signalizing Flosden so we in the apts can get out without getting killed. Their priorities are back-asswards. We have enough housing.

Luporini

Post by Guest »

THANK GOD LUPORINI WAS RE-ALECTED. She is the reason this city is great. Without her, we would have no future, no hope, and only Coffy for four years :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :( :( :x :

count your blessings

Post by guest »

I think if you look at the big picture and count your blessings having Coffey and Luporini elected was the best combination. The two women had a prior history albeit not always the best but they knew what they could expect from eachother.

I applaud them for working out the campaign differences and working towards common goals. Luporini doesn't appear to be so combative as in the past due to being the only female on the panel. The meetings don't appear to be so tense as they were in the past.

Coffey asks the questions we all want to know and oftentimes I see other councilmembers nodding in agreement. Luporini is quick to assist if Coffey doesn't make the point and lately even Anderson is getting more involved like the old days.

New blood is good and so is somebody younger. A younger person has different priorities than older members. It gives a broader perspective.

I never see Anderson around town anymore except at an occasional game where my grandson is playing. Sometimes I see Shaver at the Canyon Cafe at noon eating lunch. As for Leon, well he seems to be everywhere I have spotted him mostly in Napa.

I have watched the meetings for many years on television.

I was losing interest, lost, and just plain bored. Now I am finding myself more interested in what the heck is going on in my city. I like watching and wish they would do it every week. Think there is a chance?

Anyway Luporini is sassy and cute! She knows everybody I am glad she and Coffey are working together to get this city in shape. Now if they can just whip those guys into shape. If not I think my old friends may not get elected next year. After all look what happened in 2004.

All that new housing you guys are approving are not necessarily going to vote for you remember that! New people are also more interested in government than many of us oldtimers.

So leave Luporini and Coffey be, focus on your families, and get involved in the community. That is how you change things.

Post by Guest »

i agree with the last post. Luporini and Coffey both being elected was probably the best thing to happen for this city in recent years. Think of it like this. Luporini represent one 'half' of the city...while Coffey reps the other 'half'. This works both ways...this is a chance for EVERYONE to get there way in small doses.

FOR EXAMPLE: If they made the announcement that they wanted to build...a mall here in the city (god forbid) and Luporini was for it...and Coffey was against it...im sure with the mix of those to...the would come up with...maybe a mini mall like napa has. it would have REAL stores and so on...not like the crap in the American Canyon Plaza
Jody

Misc.

Post by Jody »

I viewed the Council meeting from the television last night. I noticed that Luporini has broadened her views and seems to represent both the old and the new residents. She is a good negiotator and seems sincere. Coffee also has views consistent with her campaign, keeping Oat Hill open and for parks not heavy development and high density housing. Both women are on the right track. As for Leon, talks in circles to hear himself talk.

It was interesting to hear from Katherine/against Wallmart lady that the city had filed a appeal. Are we subsidizing Wallmart? Already.....