Napa up to its old tricks again..........................

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.

Napa up to its old tricks again..........................

Post by Guest »

Interesting...........................I decided to go to the Napa Valley Unified School District web page a few minutes ago. Boy was I ever surprised to find out that under "Future Plans" they do not list a high school for AmCAN. Instead they talk about how many old schools they have that need improvement. What's this all about?
Linda
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Linda »

I attended the AmCan RU meeting on Wednesday where Dr Glasser said that the high school should be here by 2010.

High school

Post by Guest »

Excellent! We do need it. I am a little concerned that last evening during the school board meeting Glaser said that the cost of the new high school would be betwen 45 - 60 million dollars................it just keeps getting higher and higher,I thought it was approx 40 million and tht ws considered on the higher side.

Maybe Mondavi will donate the $'s in exchange for the renaming of 29. Mondavi High, I'd go for that.
Linda
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Linda »

The cost for the architect is in the region of 3 million if I was following him correctly when he was speaking at the AmCanRU meeting.
mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

KEEP UP THE PRESSURE

Post by mattbb61 »

Considering how many high schools already exist in the nation, why could'nt the plans for even ONE of them be considered, instead of shoveling out millions of dollars to an overpaid architech? Why not find one which would work for OUR location and just pay for the copying of those plans? (Copywrite cost included). Why MUST every new school be build new, from the ground up on a drawing board? :?:

It is also VERY interesting that the NVUSD Web Site did NOT mention a high school! I have had the privilage of attending many meetings with this current Superintendant while a parent representing Napa Junction Elementary, and believe he too desires a high school for our area... All things considered, we ALL need to keep our eyes and ears pealed in his and the district's direction...