"Rancho"

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.

"Rancho"

Post by guest »

My family has been here about 4 years now. We enjoy all the people of American Canyon and have friends in all the neighborhoods, including Rancho. I was watching the council meeting on TV last night when I heard the mayor talk so disgruntling about the perceived reputation of Rancho. I have never thought of the Rancho district as bad or hoodlums or crime ridden. The children in that area seem to be smart, polite and all the other fine things you find in good families. She seems to have a real "chip on her shoulder" and needs to get over it.

rancho mixed feelings

Post by Guest »

I have mixed feelings about "Rancho". Over the years good and bad...
We bought a home in Rancho 19 years ago. I remember the first night listening to the crickets and hearing the clop of the horses on the county streets. I felt that we had moved to the country,( having grown up in a busy city I use to get excited about the cows near the highway). It didn't take long to realize American Canyon was years behind from what I was use to.
The house price was affordable on a VA loan for $75,000. (I would like to thank the new residents for buying homes in American Canyon because I could now sell our home for over $400,000.)
But,it didn't take long for my husband's daily commute to San Francisco to take it's toll on our marriage, time with the kids and participation in their school life. Something, unfortunately many of my friends and future residence will experience.
I remember when Pastor Curry came to town and the racial banner that was posted on his newly formed church... I remember when we didn't want our kids on the bus and wanted a new middle school in AC but setting up modular buildings with limited programs compared to resources available at Silverado Middle School? We put our kids on the bus... I remember Santa being drawn by horses visiting every block in American Canyon with the carolers on horseback in tow. I remember a picnic on Cookie Hill as an afternoon adventure to entertain my kids.
The anger in the community during the last election is embarassing. Everyone, new or old, need to listen to each other, and be careful what you wish for because you may not be happy with what you get.

Post by guest »

I would like to know how long you need to live in AC to be considered "old or new"? Who decides this? Several of the residents that represent themselves as "old" certainly do not represent my views and I have lived in "Rancho" for almost 20 years. Neighbors that have been here since the 60's can tell you that this area was overrun by groups of kids considering themselves to have no rules. Groups from Napa and kids from "Rancho" had a continual battle back and forth. Until new homes in the Napa Square and Victoria Faire were built, and new residents moved in and became involved in the schools and city business, things probably would have continued with the old mind set. Times are changing for AC and the things posted on this website, that I read, from so-called "old" residents like "if you don't like it move" are just an unintelligent statement. There is such a thing as to respect other's opinions.

"rancho"

Post by guest »

:) i grew up in rancho then i moved here i actually miss rancho a lot ya when i was there it was pretty bad but its... getting better... :roll:

lots of junk in rancho

Post by guest »

The kids in Rancho are not the issue- its the adults who live there,with crap everywhere- broken down cars, 3or 4 motor homes out front, unkept yards, cars on jacks, the area has a rundown, do whatever you want, look about it. Uhg. :x :x
neo94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

i think

Post by neo94503 »

i think its 20 years if been living an ac most of my life so i still have 5 years to become old hehe