upset about lack of news in Amcan

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
Cranky

upset about lack of news in Amcan

Post by Cranky »

Ok I need to rant a little here. I've lived in the city for a few years and have found that there is virtually no good news coverages about the area. Most importantly is the local news papers. I have to say that the eagle and their counterpart the register are the most biased and rubbish paper you can find. They single out certain people, make a big deal about issues that are just nonesense, and they wont publish anything negative to upset their "friends" in the city such as the chamber, "buzz" or mayor. And Victor Rivera, how exactly did you get a job being a "journalist"? Your grammar is third world rate, did you just show up with a will work for food sign? Be honest now. :wink: You even mentioned in one of your public rants that you should be able to take what you dish out. Does that include you? The post is good, I love how they tell it how it is but wish it came out more. My personal favorite though is the times herald, dan judge does such an excellent job covering our city. I wish he would quit the times herald and just make his own paper, the dan judge herald, and just cover the city. Well at least we have this site to rant and post our own newsworthy information. Plus theres a list of news from all sources so its convenient. Does anybody else see a HUGE difference between what the citizens ACTUALLY see as news, just read these forums, and what the register tries to tell you IS news? Its too bad they are in bed with our council members and government...

What do you all think?

Thank you for letting me rant!

Register

Post by Guest »

I agree! The Register is a horrible paper. They only bring up the negative in American Canyon never print too much positive. They seem to attack American Canyon in the paper way too much. The other complaint I have about the Register is that the "reporters" are very junior that they send over. I have respect for Scott Hankins at the Eagle, he can write good articles and most importantly he is a resident of American Canyon. We could have a awesome paper if we could have Scott Hankins, Dan Judge, Harry Martin & Cindy Coffey all publishing one paper.

Post by Guest »

I couldn't agree more. Those newspapers are written by seemingly uneducated folks who don't know how to use grammar, and who seem to live in their own little la-la land, ignoring what's important to our residents. Who the heck is editing these people? It's like the idiotic leading the moronic.