TGIFridays

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.

TGIFridays

Post by Guest »

Can the city council please lure TGIFridays to the new Napa Junction center instead of Applebee's. There is not one close by, and I really like their food. Thanks.
NewAmCanRes

Post by NewAmCanRes »

Will the city council please lure a Hooters I really like their......wings. The closest one is all the way in San Francisco. A Centerfolds club would be nice to. I like the music there.

Post by Guest »

Are you kidding me NewAMCAM? This is a family community. Just because we have a card house doesn't mean we need to lure other undesirables here.
NewAmCanRes

Post by NewAmCanRes »

Of course I want those things..............NOT!! It's called sarcasm. But I guess that is something that isn't interpreted well on a forum. Sorry for the misunderstanding Stacy.
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

Use the smilies when you post. :roll:
Yardley
Historian
Historian

Post by Yardley »

In all seriousness, if the Super Wal Mart Center is built, there probably will be a very undesirable element to contend with. I hope I'm wrong, but...

If you read the list of all the retail and eating establishments "Buzz" Butler (the developer) listed as being interested with Wal Mart in the picture, there were only 1 or 2 that were consistent with a plaza or village concept.

As a matter of fact, he thought it was just grand that Applebee's would consider opening a restaurant. Nothing against Applebee's, but it is the type of place you typically find in shopping centers or strip malls in suburbia.

I find it insulting that he would think this was upscale for us. The "dissing" of Am Can continues.

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know if there is an economic director for the city and if they try and lure any restraunts to town? Or do they just wait to see who is interested. It seems now is the time to ask the residents what they want and to have someone go out and recruit before we get something we dont like. These buildings sure seem to be going up fast.
Rick Thein

Post by Rick Thein »

I've mentioned this in a previous post, but how about trying to lure Farrells' Olde Time Icecream Parlour to our new developement? With a name like American Canyon, what better buisness to have, than an old time American icon such as this. It would be a great tourist stop, teen spot, and family restraunt with its' grill and fountain. There is to my knowledge only one left open in southern California. Check their website at http://www.farrellsusa.com! :idea:
sounds good

Ice Cream Shop

Post by sounds good »

Great idea.
In the past, I have gathered information from the companies I would like to see in our town and forwarded the pamplets and corporate information to the developers.

Ideally, I believe Trader Joe's, Whole Earth, Macy's The Cellar are just some samplings which I would frequent.

Eateries should include a diverse mixture of foods, price ranges and ethnicities. It would be cool to have a large facility for the teens which included a jike box and arcade, so they could hang out and be ideal for parties. I would also like to see Thai food, Sushi and a mid-high end eatery for special occasions.
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

tough going in american canyon still

Post by Paul Maguire »

The city council is not luring anyone to American Canyon, unless they provide some incentive to come here. For the Gia Hotel, they gave up some tax credits.

More to the point, the private development of new homes is bringing commercial interest here. That is the motivator for businesses.

Quiznos has already gone out of business. The coffee place in canyon plaze went quickly and sold out. The prior food deli next to the new Marriott didn't really make it and sold out. Its a tough market here for food and resturaunts.

2 years from now there may be more support, but right now its dicey in my opinion for new businesses.

Post by Guest »

Yes right now it may be, but with Walmart opening soon that should change. Thats why recruitment needs to start soon.
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

No Walmart yet-still up in the air

Post by Paul Maguire »

The Walmart issue is still being litigated in the 9th district court of appeals. Should Walmart prevail, there will be one opening soon. Should they not prevail, it will be a different matter.

Right now it is not clear what the outcome will be, so it appears to be premature to be able to tell any potential tenant the center will be anchored by Walmart, without also saying "pending the successful outcome of the litigation now pending, in which parties on both sides have appeals pending arguments in 60 days and judgement sometime after that."

Given both the city and amcanunited have both have appeals, I would not be so certain we know the ending to this story yet.

It may end up back in litigation in Napa County.

Post by Guest »

Dont be so naive. We all know Walmart is being built. But you can still hold on to that last little bit of hope you have. In the mean time I am sending emails to the restaraunts I would like to see in American Canyon.
Stemsch
Wanderer
Wanderer

Why not a place to exercise ?

Post by Stemsch »

How about a gym ( 24 hr. with pool. :) I don't care too much about going to Vallejo, and Napa's too far.
Mel
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Mel »

I believe a gym IS going to be built on that property that Hess? is develpoing across from Safeway. I am looking forward to that. I am not much of a Curves type of gal and a real gym in AmCan is very appealing and would most likely get my butt in there. ;)