Planning Commission

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.

Planning Commission

Post by Guest »

I was at last nights planning commission. I was highly peeved the city council negated their duties once again. They approved changing a zoning code, then approved a 204 property unit complex to be built on the corner of hwy 29 and AMCAM rd without the proper studies being done. The only access in or out is silver rd (which is the access road for Vintage Ranch) which means they can only get in on Am Can road. Talk about traffic jams.

The kicker is this property was zoned as neighborhood commerical and they said that the 5000 + cars a day would bring in too much traffic. The property is 14 acres less and only two thirds is buildable due to a earthquake fault line that goes diagnal across the property and a required PG&E access rd.

This 14 acres is smaller minus 4+ acres due to the faultline and pg&E That makes the buildable area about 1/2 the size of the proposed supercenter who says traffic will only increase by 3000+ cars. Go figure?

Post by Guest »

Our planning commission has got to go! I am going to ask the members of AM CAM United to take this on.

New Planning Commision?

Post by Guest »

The Planning Commission has a couple of people up for re-appointment. Is there anyone in the community that has an engineer degree? We need viable members of the community to step up to the plate.

Post by Guest »

what does driving a train have to do with running for the planning commission??