TR2...yum!

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
vwguy

TR2...yum!

Post by vwguy »

not only is the food excellent and the prices right (even though they went
up not too long ago)...they have the cutest wait staff i think i have ever seen gathered in one eating establishment. (of course that is important to me...lol)

thank you TR2 for the good food and the good service. i have been there many times with my 7 year old and we are 100% satisfied every time. i see that others share my opinion as it has been more and more busy each time we visit...

thanks again!
Stemsch
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stemsch »

Sounds good :D . Where is it located :roll:

TR2 location

Post by Guest »

TR2 is in the center where West America Bank is located. It's business name is Taqueria Rosita... (TR1 is in Napa)... Food-wise, I prefer Ranch Grande located near Broadway Market and Caffino's off Poco Way...
merryjester
Historian
Historian

Ditto the yum

Post by merryjester »

Haven't visited Rancho Grande yet (but will after reading that post...thanks), but I gotta say that TR2 is a frickin' GODSEND. My wife and I are never disappointed, food-wise, and the style/atmosphere is remarkably hip (one could almost say..."upscale"...lol).

Now that Spring hath sprung, I can't wait for the chance to sit out on the patio with a few cervezas, watching the Giants game on the TV. Ahh....

=P~

Rancho Grande

Post by Guest »

To: Merryjester,

I don't want you and your wife to be disappointed by ...Atmosphere? (Tiajuana & at times crowded) cleanliness?(so-so) Food? (authentic) TV on patio (no patio at Rancho Grande) Best bet...Food to Go!!! Prices (excellent )
merryjester
Historian
Historian

Zackly

Post by merryjester »

Nah, doanworryboutit. That's actually what I expect when I see the word "taqueria". In fact, one could argue that by virtue of their using throw pillows in their decorating, Taqueria Rosita officially loses their "taqueria" standing. More like a cantina anyway.

So sounds like: you want cheap and authentico to go, CG. You want hangin' and watching Giants (or A's, heck I'm easy), you go TR2. Simple enough.
merryjester
Historian
Historian

Update from the front lines...

Post by merryjester »

...so I made it over to Rancho Grande, and the advice I got on this board was right on the money: less class, a little more "TJ" styling, but authentic to the max and darn tootin' tasty, too.

Lucky for me, we have two awesome Mexican restaurants in town. Also lucky for me (or at least, my waistline) that they're both driving distance away.

Advice on Rancho Grande

Post by guest »

To: Merryjester...
Thanks for letting me know we have the same perception of things by your comments on Rancho Grande. We get take out at least once a week...One place (if you haven't been to in town) is Parry's Pizza. Their food is great and the memorabilia on the walls is both interesting and fun to read...Bring the kids because they will see the largest pizza I've ever seen and he makes it right in front of your eyes.
They deliver to AmCan...and the menu is not just pizza...Lots of food for the buck!($15.00 minimum on delivery) Well worth the trip for baseball fans...ORLANDO CEPEDA!!!
danewguy

Post by danewguy »

"Well worth the trip for baseball fans...ORLANDO CEPEDA!!!"

What do you mean?

message for danuwguy

Post by guest »

Orlando Cepeda was a great baseball player but probably before your time if you don't recognize the name...Look him up on the net...Apparently, the gentleman that owns Parry's ( his name I know is not Parry) was a big fan of Orlando Cepeda...
napaseller
Historian
Historian

is this the white bldg

Post by napaseller »

in the center of the plaza that uses to much antiseptic in their bathrooms and it permeates the entire air in the restuarant?
too bad too, because the food is good. i prefer marguerita's on redwood between sonoma blvd and couch. no patio, but food fresh, hot and not out of the microwave. sorry to break your balloon.