online community

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.

online community

Post by guest »

I am so surprised by the number of people in AmCan that do not know about this site...What's up?
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

I dont really advertise it anywhere, mostly its word of mouth and online searches. :shock: I pay for everything out of my own pocket so dont have a huge budget like other people. :roll: Thats what makes this site so great! Its not run by some organization so people have a lot more freedom.

Plus I dont have to really follow any rules, I can post whatever I want, whenever I want, and I dont have a problem with it, and I think some people in the community are at odds about that. While a newspaper might not want to publish something bad about someone because they wont get invited to their house or whatever, nobody controls me and I allow it. I could really care less if I'm invited to somebody's house you know?

I have asked the Chamber and City to put my link up, but got a no response from city and Chamber said they would add me if I was a member. I'm a member, still no link though! But thats ok, I got big without them!!!

Cindy Coffey has been very supportive of the site, I give her a lot of credit. Other people as well have contributed such as the recreation department, fire district, and police department.

Other than that the comments have been very good, I'm glad I made the site, wish I could work on it more, but oh well.

The community has been supportive and I am very thankful for that! It wouldnt be anything without you guys so lets keep building it up and make it our very own little place on the web! =D>

Just keep spreading the word! Let your friends know about it, write a letter to the editor maybe? Dunno, if you got any ideas let me know.

Echo & Post

Post by guest »

I have never noticed any articles in the Echo or Post about this online forum.Maybe one or both of them could do an article letting residence know of it's existence. It really could be quite a good resource for future happenings in American Canyon.
Melissa
Resident
Resident

Post by Melissa »

Issa, I think you do a great job with this website! I agree that maybe the Post or the Echo could write a little something about this site! I love the issues that pop up here and the bantor that goes with it. I have told a lot of people about Americancanyon.com.
LOVE IT!
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

advertising your web site

Post by Paul Maguire »

Suggest you try the NAPA SOLANO post, and just do a very small display ad:

Suggested Headlines:

What are your nieghbors saying in american canyon
find out at http://www.americancanyon.com its free!

or

Exposed: American Canyon Residents Speak Out
find out what they are saying when they say it
http://www.americancanyon.com/forum

Or something like this, reverse print, 1x2 or 2x2

You can buy a FULL Page ad in the ECHO for 200.00 so ads are cheap there, but the best response is w the napa solano post.

Hope that helps. Paul