American Canyon Troop Support

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.

American Canyon Troop Support

Post by Guest »

What is ACTS next project? How can I volunteer for ACTS next project? What is needed from community (cash, material donations, etc.) Where are items collected?
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

You can email Sindy at: acts511@att.net

Or call at: 707-319-7677

She usually keeps me updated on whats going on so when I get any news I will post it on the site. One of the events I envisioned couldnt have been successful without her and that was the Troop Support day. Maybe we will do another soon if people want.

If anybody has other ideas on how to support the troops and use the site as a tool to get word out to the community please let me know.

Besides that, they are always taking donations and items and you can mail them to her at ACTS, P.O. Box 10097, American Canyon, CA 94503.
Sindy

ACTS

Post by Sindy »

Thanks for forwarding this e-mail Issa. American Canyon Troop Support continues to ship care packages each month to our troops who are deployed to either Afghanistan or Iraq. Our last shipment was for Christmas and we were fortunate enough to ship enough Christmas related items (3 ft tall Christmas trees, hot chocolate, hot apple cider, truffles, storybook lifesavers, stockings with gift certificates from Travis Air Force Base to be used in overseas PXs for calling cards, cookies, small Christmas gifts wrapped in x-mas paper, Christmas cards & letters, candy, etc. ) for close to 200 soldiers. We include enough items for ten soldiers in each package.
I will be mailing out dried fruit donated from a Vacaville fruit company this weekend and our next shipment will be packaged on January 22 & 23. This shipment will be for Valentines Day.
ACTS is always accepting monetary or product donations, and more importantly, positive cards and letters from home. For our next shipment we need Valentine Cards and anything Valentine related. We will be including sweets, magazines and needed hygiene items. Other necessary items can include packaged presweetened Kool-Aid, Gatorade, peanuts, beef jerky, snack food items, current events, and a smile. A smile can be little things that may remind a soldier of home. I have had some people include whoopee cushions, squirt guns, bubbles, small footballs, etc...things that can take a soldier's mind off of his current environment and provide him a mental break. Our biggest expense is postage. That's where the monetary donations come in at. ACTS is always accepting names and addresses for military service men and women of any branch who are deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan. They do not have to be from Am Cyn to be placed on our support list and provided care packages. Our packages are shipped out monthly. ACTS does not give out any soldiers addresses, however, you may include your name and address in your card or letter and if the soldier has time, they may respond.
All donors names will be included in each package so the troops will know who are supporting them.
Feel free to contact me via e-mail or phone at ACTS511@att.net or 707 319-7677. Many thanks and thank you so much for supporting our troops. Happy New Year...May God Bless and protect our troops and bring them safely home soon. Sindy/ACTS

Post by Guest »

Sindy,

Do you need more volunteers to help package goods to soldiers or do you have enough to cover the current list? Where can people volunteer to help? ( Community center, Boys & Girls Club, etc?)
Keep up the good work!
Sindy

ACTS

Post by Sindy »

Currently some of the parents of the soldiers and our local VFWs are helping to pack the packages, but you are more than welcome to come out. We will be meeting at the Am Cyn Boys & Girls Club on the 22nd at 11:00 a.m. Don't forget to bring some Valentines!! Thanks, Sindy.