What brought you to AmCan?

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.

What brought you to AmCan?

Post by Guest »

Whether you lived here one month or ten years, what was your attraction that brought you to live in American Canyon?
mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

What brought me to AmCan

Post by mattbb61 »

It was primarily the chance I had in 1992 to purchase a three-year old house in a newer neighborhood; also, it was on the north side of the Solano/Napa County Line, and that American Canyon was technically no longer part of Vallejo. :wink:
jennifer

Post by jennifer »

"Affordable" home (by Bay Area standards), relatively close to San Francisco, and NOT in Vallejo.
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

We moved in 1985 because of its proximity of the bay area, bought a brand new home. We moved out in about 1991, but kept the house, and came back in 1992 as well. We didnt really move in because of AmCan's reputation, the house was nice, area was nice, price was decent, so we did it. We were a family with two kids and grandparents and the apartment in the Bay Area was getting small. It was time to buy our first house. I was about 12 when we moved here. Back then we shared the Vallejo zip code and were considered part of Vallejo rather than Napa. Besides our mail always taking an extra week to get to us, and the pizza guy never being able to find our house, we didnt mind. Right now I have my degee, have found the woman of my life, and when we're ready we will move back to AmCan to buy a house just like my parents did. I cant honestly imagine a better place to live in!!!