WAL MART CALLING FOR THE MAYOR

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
VOTER IN AMERICAN CANYON

WAL MART CALLING FOR THE MAYOR

Post by VOTER IN AMERICAN CANYON »

I got a call from a pollster. This kid did not sound very smart and got me to ask for the supervisor. Come to find out, that WAL MART hired this firm to do polling of the residents, and this kid says they are trying to get the mayor re elected. Is WAL MART paying callers to support the mayor?

Is Wal Mart trying to influence our election?

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: :!:
ACRESIDENT

Post by ACRESIDENT »

THAT FIGURES DOESN'T IT![/i]

Post by Guest »

As I always say follow the Money trail! I still can't figure out why I have never seen Lori any of her 5 cars in the last 3 months outside of the house where she is registered to vote at. You know the one where she rents a room for herself, the husband a foster child, dogs, cats, llamas and any other animals she has. I wonder how that big screen tv fits in the room. Hmmm! for someone who has no money to live in American Canyon Lori sure does have some expensive hobbies. Thank God only one more month of her trying to cram more garbage into our community. Buh Bye!

Post by Guest »

guess what Lori got in for 4 more years thank god to bad Cindy got in.

Post by Guest »

I really dont see what everyone is fussing about... You say this and that about the mayor and the council, yet the majority votes them back in... seems to me that the discontented people yelling for the mayor to be pulled out and that ben has gone off the deep end are just whiners who need to get a life and get over it.... As for wal mart... they bought the land, they can put what they want up.... if you dont like it then leave cause you new people are the ones who have screwed up this city in the first place with your crap about how you want our city to be... You moved here because of what you saw we built and wanted some of the pie... well eat your pie and be quiet.... if it wasnt for you, then wal mart would have never looked in this area in the first place.... wish the city was still a community in the county...... long live rancho! ! !

Post by Guest »

Yeah, you're a winner. I am a new resident who doesn't want that loser store. Guess what, I am not leaving. I am here to make your life miserable. And I will continue to speak against the Mayor because she IS bad for this community. It's hard to see when you wear sunglasses at night.
merryjester
Historian
Historian

Post by merryjester »

Not sure I'm in a position to declare winners and losers (except for the Niners this season...Losers with a capital "L"), but I'll go on-record as a non-"Guest" and say that as a new 'Canner, I'm excited about what this community can (and hopefully, will) be, and say that I'm not excited about Wal-Mart coming to town; that I so very much want American Canyon to be viewed as Southern Napa, and not Northern Vallejo; that folks who want something different are waking up and realizing that the correct course of action is not to pack up and run, but to stay and speak their minds.

I'm with "Guest" on this one (uh...the "I'm not leaving" Guest, not the "if you dont (sic) like it then leave" Guest).
A/C Supergirl

Just Relax

Post by A/C Supergirl »

I think the Mayor and Coffey will do just fine. If you watched the city council meeting last Thursday you would have seen that the Mayor made sure Coffey's questions were answered about the assessment levys.

They were also the only two to question how the affordable housing certifications worked for the county and city, while the 3 gentlemen asked nothing.

I think except for Wal-Mart they will do just fine together and who cares if they disagree? I don't support rubberstamping government actions. I don't think the Mayor does either, judging by her disgruntlement with the Napa Valley Economic Development organization. She hasn't supported it for years. If you think about it, the mix on the council is now pretty close to perfect.

Cindy represents new residents in new homes.
Leon represents new residents in older homes.
Both moving into the city about the same time.
Cecil lives in the larger older homes on the single acre tracts.
Ben lives in the newer older homes.
Lori represents renters.

Can't get a better mix of opinions than that. Now the council is balanced. I look forward towards the future since all people are represented in our city.

Let's quit with all of the people bashing and work together to get what we need in our city. Let's agree to disagree and move on.

Alot of people don't like the Mayor, alot of the people don't like Leon, Ben, or Cecil. Alot of people don't like Cindy, the city manager, the police department, or whatever. That's your right! And it is your first amendment right to gripe about it. But now it is boring and not really working for most people.

Why not gripe about waiting until 2010 for a High School? Or a safe pass over for the Middle School kids to the East side of the city? Why not gripe about why there isn't enough volunteers for meals on wheels on a daily basis. Why not gripe about lonely seniors dying without anybody noticing or caring? Yes, here in American Canyon.

No family should be without in our community this Christmas. No soldier should be forgotten, have you done your part? There are many soldier support groups all over the bay area and most importantly one here in American Canyon. Quit griping and make a call, make a donation, make a difference.

I set low spending limits for my family this year and sent the extra money to Meals on Wheels, Phillip West's memorial fund, two family sponsorships, toys for tots (marines), and we also sponsor 4 soldiers that were in my brothers unit.

I strongly urge all of my neighbors to do the same. There is a bigger picture here and it just doesn't revolve around our petty opinions.

I look forward to Merry Holidays this year with the entire community.
merryjester
Historian
Historian

Relaxed with a capital "X"

Post by merryjester »

Me? Super-chilled out on it, ACS-girl. I think your opinions (petty or not) are good enough to post at LEAST twice, if not three times. ;-)

Totally agree with you, and apologies if my last post sounded too negative (that's the durned thing with these keyboards...sometimes the true emotion doesn't come through all that well, even WITH the aid of smileys). Big, fat ol' dittos to the wishes for a great future for AmCan, happy holidays to all, etc. etc.