Chamber of Commerce Newsletter Comments

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
Don Callison
Informant
Informant

Chamber of Commerce Newsletter Comments

Post by Don Callison »

To Whom It May Concern:

On hehalf of the Board of Directors of the Chamber of Commerce I would like to direct you to the following letter of apology from Dale Osmond regarding unauthorized comments he made in the Novermber 2006 edition of "Canyon Commerce"

Thank you

Don Callison
Board Member
American Canyon Chamber of Commerce

http://www.americancanyon.com/11_01_200 ... Letter.pdf
Mel
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Mel »

Don, thank you for posting that - I am stunned. His apology was not sincere and he should be removed from his position.
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Letter by Mr. Osmond

Post by ac94503 »

Well, I hope that was the first draft because it would be nice to see Coffey and Maguire spelled correctly.
Frankie G
Informant
Informant

Post by Frankie G »

Well, you know it's not sincere mel, just look at the chicken scratch!
Colleen
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Post by Colleen »

More unprofessional by the day. I am sitting here in awe that someone can put their signature to something penned so poorly!
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by mindingcitybiz »

Was Dale Osmond the fall guy for the three Amigos attack on Coffey and Maguire?
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Times Article

Post by VicRiv »

No he wasn't the fall guy for the Three Amigos. He was a person speaking the truth and giving his opinion. Using the Chamber newsletter was wrong.

Read about his resignation in his words in the Vallejo Times Herald.
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Times Herald

Post by mindingcitybiz »

I did. Interesting thing about his comment:"They were talking about it all the time".... Hmmm! Now lets see Don Callison serves and Leon states he is actively involved in the Chamber Commerce.

Well VicRiv while your group has a vendeda against Coffey for her exposure of the Napa Junction projects cost to the City. Are you afraid of what else she might uncover while in office?
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Dale Osmond

Post by mindingcitybiz »

Seems to me there is some conflict regarding Dale Osmond's resignation. Let's see first he puts out who the chamber of commerce is voting for with out the full radication of the board, then resigns due to slanderous remarks and now says the full board has not voted and ratified his resignation.

It looks like the American Canyon Chamber of Commerce should stay out of politics and focus on keeping businesses in business in American Canyon..........[/u]
Frankie G
Informant
Informant

Post by Frankie G »

From Today's Times-

"A defiant Osmond scratched out the apology portion, saying he had nothing to be sorry about, and signed the document taking sole responsibility for the article.

Osmond also responded angrily after hearing about the letter Naab distributed Thursday bearing the signatures of only three officers.

"The executive committee can take this action but if the full board does not ratify it, it is meaningless," Osmond said.

He also disputed a portion of the letter that states, "Mr. Osmond has apologized in an open letter to all of the offended parties."

"I struck the apology off of that letter and whoever is saying that is just flat lying," Osmond said.

He contends that part of the problem arises from the fact that Naab works for R.H. Hess Development Co. and his boss Rick Hess backs Coffey for mayor.

Osmond said he does not know if he would accept an offer to return as chamber CEO if the full board offers him the position back.

"I will never say never - anything is possible," he said. "But it would be at my terms."

Osmond would not elaborate on what those terms might be. "

GET RID OF HIM - THAT KIND OF MAN CANNOT REPRESENT THE CITY OF AMERICAN CANYON'S BUSINESSES WITH THAT KIND OF HATRED.
Frankie G
Informant
Informant

Post by Frankie G »

I heard Dale came back to the Chamber. I URGE the members of this business community to END you affiliation with the American canyon Chamber of Commerce until a new head is found. This man shouldn't be permitted to represent our community.
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Dale Osmond coming back!

Post by mindingcitybiz »

It is quite evident that it was all a political ploy especial since Don Callison is on the board. I am not buying into it. I hope Coffey sues for deflamation of character then he will have to speak up and start naming names.