A Message to Mr. Maguire

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

A Message to Mr. Maguire

Post by ac94503 »

I have a campaign promotional idea for you since "money" appears to be no object in your quest to be elected Mayor.

BTW: I felt your DVD was very innovative...May even change the way things are done around here at election time. Even mentioned in the Register.

My idea: You hire several Ice Cream trucks and change that annoying music to the old speaking on the bullhorn. Drive thru the neighborhoods and give the kids "free" ice cream.

You could mount your old or new signs on the sides of the trucks so residents understand who you are...and probably set your hours on a late Sunday afternoon so not to interrupt any football games.

I think you made a hugh mistake in your mailer regarding "possible" allegations of abuse at the Napa State hospital.

I also think you suing the City is going to cost me money...so not so fond of that one.

And I would like to say that I do think you could have been a council member if you would have stuck to your original messages posted on this site instead of attacking other candidates and ran for a "Council Seat" and not "Mayor."

Your an intellegent guy...too bad you got twisted along the way.
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Paul Maguire »

THank you for your compliments.

The Napa State Hospital has been sued by the US Department of Justice for failing patients care, and violation of their Constitutional rights.
Several lawsuits have been filed over the years by patients and the one you are referring to had independant evidence of abuse.

Do you know that electric shock, as used on this patient, is billed for under medicare. This is why there is very little use under 65 and a huge spike in use over 65 at that hospital. How bad does it have to get for the US Department of Justice to step in? Bad.

Garcia's response was a non denial- denial.

I stand by mailer as demonstrative of questioning his leadership at Napa State Hospital as evidenced by this and many other cases of reported abuse; and the fact that the Napa State Hospital is currently under oversight by a court appointed administer to ensure compliance with patient care and other standards is all telling in the problems and lack of leadership at that hospital administrative level, where he worked.

With regard to the lawsuit. Where is the outrage with Napa Junction 3 and the Railroad? There is none. But there should be. THAT lawsuit is going to be expensive. Is it all politics with the sign suit- I think it mostly is.

Don't get mad at me because this council violates the law or creates litigation by making poor decisions. That is our system of filing a grievance, the court system.

In the hearing yesterday the judge set a speedy trial date, noted their were "serious constitutional questions" and thus gave a trial date in federal court of less than 120 days from teh hearing. That is unheard of- everyone knows that it takes a year or more to get a trial date in most cases.

You really want to see your money wasted- go look at the Donaldson Way Road behind Arco.

THe city cut off all of Tim Longs Driveways to his 5 rentals, and one tenant has a car that is stuck down there. It is a major disaster, and will cost you the taxpayers thousands of dollars. And likely, a lawsuit by Mr Long for removing any parking and use of his property.

Go look. The incompetance in some of these decisions is beyond comprehension. I pointed many out in the DVD.

ANd the end of the day no one is going to agree with everything everyone does. We all have our opinions. Rather than arguing who is right, the time is quickly coming to be arguing what is right. If we can fix the mistakes of the past, and move forward with better decisions in the future, we will have a better city. You will be recieving something in your mail box in that regard shortly.
allstar04
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Post by allstar04 »

I don't want anything more in my mailbox. What I wanted was an opportunity to ask you questions in person at the candidates forum, which you failed to attend.
Mel
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Mel »

Since the tread is a message to Mr Maguire, I'll post my question here.. I read that you accepted Dale Osmonds apology. Why, may I ask when he himself says it was forced? That was no apology. Just my 2 cents...