Give Us The Truth...

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Give Us The Truth...

Post by ac94503 »

I feel very confused as a voter reading many of the articles in all of the local papers and this website as to what is the truth.

Many allegations have been posted on this website and the local press by several candidates. What is true and what is false?

Having read the "Post" today there was a track record printed of Mr. Garcia and Mrs. Coffey that would be easy to verify. I think having watched many Council meetings on TV I already knew most of these facts.

Mr. West, there are really some questions brought forward regarding you as a candidate and how you are playing the game. What happened to your original platform that you were not associated to any of the cliques in AC?

I feel the "Post" has been very honest in it's take of this election. I would like to be convinced that what was printed is not true...Not spin...

After reading the Post I would say the so-called 3 Amigos have some work to do.
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

The Post..the Truth??

Post by VicRiv »

First I want to thank the Post for the three free lucnhes I won in bets that an issue would appear and would be written by "staff" and be riddled with half-truths.

1) All candidates were NOT contacted for Free advertising.

2) $1.2 Million was secured and negotiated by Mark Joseph.

3) Coffey claimed to "have done all negotiations" for Traffic Bond at a council meeting. Leon Garcia and City Attorney Ross- corrected her-it's on the record.

4)AM CAN city general fund is NOT an ATM. Taxpayer $$$ should stay here. The Post neglected to state that Garcia and I along with Holy Family Parish collected $2300 and 4 carloads-which we delivered to Mr. Burr.

5) What happened to the 10th Anniversary Party. NOTHING. It never materialized-due to the 'excellent planning" of the chairperson. Two weeks before the event-no tickets were printed-all we had was promises. When City Manager asked for a list of tentative attendees-and one could not be produced. The event was cancelled.

As I said before. Ask ??s and when candidated blatantly lie-they should be removed from consideration. Character counts. "say anything, do anything to win" is what we DON"T need.
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: The Post..the Truth??

Post by mindingcitybiz »

Well VicRiv I won a steak dinner on how long it would take you to start slamming Ms. Coffey after the Post came out. Touche'
2) $1.2 Million was secured and negotiated by Mark Joseph.
How would one track the validity of this comment. Especially since this discussion and negotiations took place a couple of months ago and MJ resigned from office back in December of last year?? Just doesn't add up!
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

What is going on...

Post by ac94503 »

Setting it straight
By Times-Herald readers
Article Launched:10/27/2006 07:34:36 AM PDT

A recent article in the Napa-Solano Post, entitled "The Race Is On," made gross errors of my qualifications. Because this newspaper is sent to all households in American Canyon, these errors need to be rectified.
To start with, I have never been interviewed by anyone from the Napa-Solano Post, so where the writer got his/her information is anyone's guess. The paper reported that I was proud of the fact I was appointed to my position by Gov. Schwarzenegger, when in fact I've been in my current position for the past six years, long before Schwarzenegger was governor. In addition I am a lifelong Democrat and U.S. Rep. Mike Thompson's appointee as a delegate to the Democratic State Party.

This column goes on to claim that I am active in the Boys & Girls Club through career building. This is totally false - I'm not active in this organization. By using my name to drag the Boys & Girls Club into the political arena, the Napa-Solano Post has embarrassed me and I want the families of this upstanding organization to be assured that I would never use this or any such organization for political gain.

J.T. Miller, American Canyon
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

J.T. Miller

Post by mindingcitybiz »

If Mr. Miller never had an interview with Coffey, then why did he call her and ask her to put a correction regarding the fact Mr. Miller was the only person of his collegues not to be "Terminated" when Schwartzneggar took office? So considering Mr. Miller is a democrat and Schwartzneggar is a Republican, Mr. Shwartzneggar must feel that Mr. Miller is doing his job properly otherwise Miller would have been ousted with the rest of his collegues.

Mr. Miller should be carefull and ask if anyone else is there before he speaks. I personnally listened to the whole conversation and contacted Coffey when I saw his little discredited article in the paper.

So Mr. Miller I just have one question does your job require you to do career building with the Boys and Girls Club as you stated? [/i]
amcannative
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by amcannative »

Below is the response to my inquiry from the Calif Labor Commissioners office

Mr. West:

J.T. Miller was hired as a Deputy Labor Commissioner I on 2/16/2000. The position is a civil service position not appointed by the Governor. For information on the qualifications of the position you can visit the website for the State Personnel Board at http://www.spb.ca.gov.

My comments

JT Miller is not appointed by the Governor and no Deputy Labor Commissioners lost their jobs based on politics, since they are CIVIL SERVICE positions.

I have no idea who had a conversation with who though.

Ed West
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

What Will The Future Hold For AC's Council?

Post by ac94503 »

With so much negativity, mud-slinging , misquotes, and candidates and residents attacking each other...

What will the future hold for AC's Council?

I guess this question is for all the candidates running...

Will you be able to work together regardless of who wins?

Will you be able to forgive your co-council members for their election rhetoric and move this community forward?