Today's Times Herald.

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Today's Times Herald.

Post by mindingcitybiz »

In today's Times Herald heading reads "Three Amigos" member hopes for change of luck."

Shouldn't this read 4 Amigos? We know that Joan Bennett is a part of this group, they were all a part of the impact 94503 group. So if citizens don't wake-up we could have a rogue city council.

Personally I don't want a group running my city council or planning commission. I want people with different ideas working on different agenda's. This will ensure that all the people of American Canyon are represented. Opposing opinions give both side to a story.

Just like Leon Garcia was in hurry to get the Mayor Position on the ballot in June, maybe we should have on the ballot districting for American Canyon with a council member representing each district. This would be more fair to all residents being represented.
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Three Amigos

Post by VicRiv »

MCB- using the "scare tactics" and insinuating a 'Rogue Council" is irresponsible. You forgot to emphasize the following parts of the article:

"What we have in common is we're willing to work together in a positive manner and work in the best interest of the city," Callison said. "I think what the three of us have is a passion for what's best for the city."

Callison also invited the trio's critics to compare their financial backing to other candidates.

"None of have special interest money backing us," he said. "All of it has been private donations.

"I think people need to take a look for themselves at where the money comes from and see who has the character and dedication to stand up and do what's right for the city."

-No special interest union money from Vallejo but from AmCan citizens
-All three are active in their community
-Endorsed by local business owners and residents
-NO hidden agendas-but the best interest of the city for ALL citizens

by the way- Cecil Shaver said he was asked by Ms.Coffey to join her ticker of Coffey, Shaver, Gilson. Hmmmm????

-
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

AND

Post by VicRiv »

From watching the council meetings the position of Mayor is simply going to be an elected position-but the powers pretty much stay the same. The Mayor, since elected by the citizens can give HIS/HER own opinions opposed to "the councils' views"-as it has been. So there isn't anything nefarious occurring as you indicate.

And let's not forget one of the candidates wrote a 2 page article about why we didn't need a mayor-then decided they were qualified enough to run for the "not yet defined " position, HUH?? Was that a flip or a flop?
mookienunu
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by mookienunu »

That comes as no surprise!! And of course she would be the one running the show. She likes to push around Cecil, and Kim, would wind up bowing down to intimidation, she likes to surround herself with people that she can control.