Trader Joes

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Trader Joes

Post by VicRiv »

We all have our specific ideas of what type stores we would frequent in town IF they were here. I would LOVE to have a Trader Joe's here in town.

If you think the same-click on the link and put your feedback.

http://www.traderjoes.com/location_requests_form.aspx
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

Trader Joes is cool, I go there all the time, yummy! I'll write a request right now.
Visit AmericanCanyon.com --- Your online source for everything City Of American Canyon, California.
Mel
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Mel »

I have ALWAYS thought a Trader Joes would be great for American Canyon.
I am glad you posted the link. I did put in a request about a year ago but I'll do it again-
mookienunu
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by mookienunu »

just posted, thank you for the suggestion!!
Don Callison
Informant
Informant

Trader Joes

Post by Don Callison »

It would be my desire to have a Trader Joes in American Canyon too.

However, it is my understanding that their business model requires a population of about 100,000 for them to consider a market. Napa only made it because of the proximity of American Canyon and Yountville.

But lets let our voice be heard and at least get them to look at us.

Don
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder

Post by Issa »

I think its funny how in 10 minutes people are already replying to a topic and writing to Trader Joes. Isnt everybody suppose to be busy at work? I know I am...:-$
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Trader Joes

Post by VicRiv »

I used the details from the Napa Junction Demographics study to justify my case. We are in a desirable location with:
a) enormous tourist traffic
b) within a 20 mile radius we are close to Napa, Vallejo, Fairfield, Martinez and Benicia
c) escalating per capita income levels
d) Gateway to Napa Valley

All huge pluses!

Issa-I am working! On improving AmCan! That's a 24/7 job for some of us. :)
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Trader Joe's

Post by mindingcitybiz »

I am about ready to faint! OMG! Victor I finally agree with on something. Trader Joe's is a must!!!!!! Instead of Walmart TJ's would be great.
allstar04
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Post by allstar04 »

:o Oooh, a Trader Joes would be great for our City. I would also like to see some sort of family restaurant come in like Applebee's or TGI Fridays. On another note, does anyone know what business are coming to the shopping center across from Safeway. The only one I see is Ultimate Fitness.
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Canyon Corners

Post by VicRiv »

There will de a dental office (met them at a black party)
an Asian Restaurant (met them at Measure G function)

Bank
Coffee Shop
I believe another restaurant.

It's an exciting time for AmCan.

P.S. Applebees has examined NJ3 as a possible site-not certain what happened.I'll try to find out and post here.
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by mindingcitybiz »

Okay Tj"s is great, but applebee's is gross. No matter where you go the food leaves a lot to be desire. ate at apple bees, tampa, fl , orlando, fl, miami, fl, kind of prussian, PA, terra linda , ca, vallejo, ca, fairfield, ca, Napa, Ca, Have yet to recieve hot food, or decent service.
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder

Post by Issa »

A cheesecake factory in AmCan would rock, we have one here in San Diego, its the best food. I want to see some more high class restaurants not an apple bees, AmCan is better than that I think.
Visit AmericanCanyon.com --- Your online source for everything City Of American Canyon, California.
allstar04
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Post by allstar04 »

Sorry! Applebees was just a suggestion! I really don't care what the restaurant is just as long as we get one. Cheescake Factory, TGI Fridays, Chili's, Outback Steakhouse, Cheveys, Marie Calendars, etc, would all be good. No offense to the restaurants we already have, but a little variety would be nice.
mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

TRADER JOES? YES INDEED!

Post by mattbb61 »

Vic Riv; Thanks for the link! My wife and I BOTH submitted our input for Trader Joes to open an Am Can Store! Their Bento Boxes are very good! :lol:
Colleen
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Post by Colleen »

Perhaps with Whole Foods coming into the same shopping center as TJ's in Napa, they will seriously look our way. Both stores are great and a newspaper article says they are known to be in the same shopping center in other areas - I just don't see it as they are so similar. Given the choice at that shopping center in particular, I would personally hit WF due my lack of time to shop and their volume of products in comparison to TJ's. Maybe we'll get lucky and TJ's will move our way. Thanks for the link - I made my plug to join us in AmCan!
BruRaider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Mimi's Cafe

Post by BruRaider »

I called RE; getting a Mimi's Cafe and spoke to a few of their reps. They said they looked into coming here but unfortunately cannot convince them to pull the trigger due to proximity to Fairfield. Also said they love being close to malls and EXTREMELY busy shopping centers as they rely on breakfast heavily for their $$. I know the guy was pissed, I must have called them something like 20 times.