Lorraine La Voi

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
Mel
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Lorraine La Voi

Post by Mel »

I am very saddened to hear of Lorraine's passing. She was the heart of what American Canyon is.
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Lorraine

Post by ac94503 »

I also am very saddened to hear of Lorraine's passing. Especially with the 4th of July celebration here this week and her previous envolvement in this event. I will always remember Lorraine as a very prominent figure in this community. She was a very fiesty lady, with a wonderful sense of humor. I will miss her dearly as I'm sure many of us will. If you didn't know her you unfortunately missed out. God Bless You, Lorraine. Rest in Peace.
Councilmember Coffey
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Needs Your Help

Post by Councilmember Coffey »

Dear Community-

In case you didn't know local resident Maryann Young (Creative Memories consultant) was asked to put a memorial scrapbook together for Lorraine's family of all of her contributions to the city through the eyes of her fellow residents.

A sign up opportunity was held at the 4th of July but only two folks signed. She also announced it at the last council meeting. She is asking for all you who have served on various commissions, clubs, events, or organizations to please do a page in her honor for this lovely project.

The book will be presented to Lorraine's family along with a proclamation at a future council meeting. YOUR HELP IS DESPERATELY NEEDED! If you do not have time to prepare a page then you may bring an assortment of memories, photos and a letter or thoughts or maybe a card that your group signed. Please just do it in a timely manner. If it were for you we all know Lorraine would be first in line.

Here are some of the groups and organizations that Lorraine was a member of. If you were in one of these or know somebody who was please call Maryanne at the numbers listed below or go by the Chamber of Commerce as they have blank pages for you to "create" on.

Arts Foundation (founding member)
Vallejo Yaght Club
Sons of Italy
Elks
Moose
Soroptimist of American Canyon
Red Hat Ladies of American Canyon
Boys and Girls Club
Thrift Shop director
Lions Club (both)
Kiwanis Club
Parks & Community Services Commission
Gateway Award Winner
Parade Grand Marshall
Local Church Member & Choir Director
Activities Committee

I am sure there are more and you may post those following my note. There are incidences where Lorraine may have helped you or donated to a private cause to make a dream come true. She was generous like that. Lorraine may be gone but her spirit lives on in many of these organizations as a founding member. We as a city owe it to her and her family to show how much we appreciated her work, support and faith. Please join me in contributing to this wonderful memorial in her honor.

Cindy Coffey
Councilmember

Maryanne Young's Phone Numbers
Home: 553-8739 Cell: 342-7168
Councilmember Coffey
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Special Thanks

Post by Councilmember Coffey »

Special Thanks from Maryanne and myself to the Chamber of Commerce for helping with the distribution of the pages. Also thanks for the great pictures and page your organization contributed it was very touching.

Cindy Coffey
Councilmember
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Another Option

Post by ac94503 »

Possibly if there is not a picture available...You had an encounter with Lorraine that you would like to share?

Why not put your memories down so her family knows how important she was to our community.

We have lost a resident who was a very willing volunteer no matter who asked. She loved American Canyon.