City Council Meeting

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.

City Council Meeting

Post by Guest »

I was watching the City Council Meeting at a friend's house and I got the impression that the 2 city council members, Vice Mayor and the Mayor were just rubber stamping every item that came up and the other councilperson was saying no. There must be a reason she was saying no. Why doesn't the council discuss the non popular vote and let us all know why she said no. I was amazed in the change of order part and the EXTRA Million dollar charge. What? City Council seems to spend money hand over fist and pay no mind to the fact that bids are coming in and being accepted with no research. WHAT? That's crazy - and WHO is accepting these bids? SOMEONE answer this please?
Please take into note, that I can't make it on a regular basis to the meetings as I care for both my aging parents, and I have direct tv with no local access.... So to be able to catch it at a friend was an eye opener to say the least.