Pastor Curry

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
RudolphReturns

Beacon of Light

Post by RudolphReturns »

I stated that I didn't know him personally. I didn't say I haven't done business with him or attended a meeting with him in attendance. As for church I don't make a loud splash and I don't attend regularly due to family schedules. But I also know that while you say get out and hear the other side maybe you should do the same.

We elect our council to make the hard decisions. Decisions that some of us including yourself are unable to make because you are too close. Allowing friendship to cloud what is best for the city can be very dangerous.

I think there is much more to this than what is "reported." I think there are bigger issues. I pay attention to the cable council showings and see problems why don't you? He acts indifferent and argumentative to the council. They always ask have things been done and he just makes a note until he is asked again. I can tell you that if myhusband treated his job like that he would be out. That simple.

Standing outside when a personnel issue is being conducted is rude and in poor taste. What happens when the outcome isn't to your liking are you going to take him to Starbucks or insite a riot? If things go south don't you think he may want to be alone to gather his thoughts in private?

I don't think you are helping the situation just making it worse.

Post by guest »

well no one will probably show up again for Marks vote. Although someone said on a different topic that he's gone already.
Guest66

Wassup again????

Post by Guest66 »

As I said on another topic, quit being preoccupied with the small picture. The big picture is that somebody on the council cannot be trusted to manage the city's private business. Somebody "leaked" potential issues that have been discussed, how else would there be a "support group" for Mr. Joseph? So who on council cannot be trusted? That is the person to be removed.

Was it Mr. Joseph rallying his friends to show support? Surely he cannot be that stupid. Can he? Or was it somebody else? Those are the important qustions, the city will survive all cities do. This situation has clearly shown that there are obviously some problems among themselves it will be interesting to watch how they are resolved in the future and if they are swept under the ol' carpet.
homeboy

Post by homeboy »

How did this all get started in the first place? Doesn't the city manager have an annual review like all employees? Who has the big mouth?
What is really going on here? Has he done something illegal?
Why does he always focus on someone else when he is questioned? Mark always points the finger to someone else when things aren't done. I watch the council meetings, just like the "little group". I watch from home, and that doesn't make me bad. Cori should "go" herself, or step forward and be responsible for her accusations. Run for council and see what it is all about and then criticize.
As for Luporini, she does live in town. I have been to Lorraine's house and visited with them. Her personal life is no one's business. Back off!!!!
Mind your own personal business and let her mind hers!
a/c resident

Lori Sighting

Post by a/c resident »

I saw Lori yesterday at the Safeway buying dogfood around 8:30 p.m. does that count as a "Lori Sighting." <teehee> What a bunch loons. It's almost like "Where's Waldo" American Canyon style. Or better yet, instead of "It's late do you know where your children are?" It could be, "It's late do you know where your councilmembers are?" Does anybody with any common sense read this forum besides me?

Oh wait..I just had another idea lets sell Bingo Cards with pictures of the five councilmembers doing various things around the city like buying a drink from Starbucks, or eating lunch at Taco Rosita, or buying gas at Arco. We could sell them as a fundraiser to help the less fortunate in our city. It would be all the rage. Maybe other cities would join in the fun. Grand Prize winner would receive a day with the councilmember of their choice shadowing them for 24 hours to verify their service to the community. Just a thought :roll:
BrittanyLynn

Bingo Cards

Post by BrittanyLynn »

Is this true? Will there be a city bingo game? My mom loves bingo. How much are the cards? Do we get them at Arco? Can kids play to.

Post by Guest »

"Therefore I call for the RECALL of the following City Council members: Mayor Shaver, Vice Mayor Luporini and Council member Cindy Coffey.:

Look! He's got a standard letter he sends out and just adds to the list!

"Therefore I call for the recall of the following City Council members: Mayor Cecil Shaver, Vice Mayor Luporini, Councilmember Ben Anderson and Councilmember Coffey."

Who is left? Leon Garcia... Hmmm All he has to do is LOOK the wrong way and Curry will want a recall on him too.
Morris Curry, Please run for council again so you will see without a doubt that this is not the place for you. You will recieve fewer votes than you did last time. Why? Because you are alienating all of your flock. There are people whom I have spoken to that truly believe that you have lost it. You are not supportive and caring. You are judgeMENTAL and mean. If you hate the direction this City is going then YOU leave and take Cori with you!
Mel
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Lori Sighting

Post by Mel »

a/c resident wrote:I saw Lori yesterday at the Safeway buying dogfood around 8:30 p.m. does that count as a "Lori Sighting." <teehee> What a bunch loons. It's almost like "Where's Waldo" American Canyon style. Or better yet, instead of "It's late do you know where your children are?" It could be, "It's late do you know where your councilmembers are?" Does anybody with any common sense read this forum besides me?

Oh wait..I just had another idea lets sell Bingo Cards with pictures of the five councilmembers doing various things around the city like buying a drink from Starbucks, or eating lunch at Taco Rosita, or buying gas at Arco. We could sell them as a fundraiser to help the less fortunate in our city. It would be all the rage. Maybe other cities would join in the fun. Grand Prize winner would receive a day with the councilmember of their choice shadowing them for 24 hours to verify their service to the community. Just a thought :roll:

Haha I am still laughing at that one! You have a great sense of humor A/C Resident!
my opinion

let's see

Post by my opinion »

so many of the posters hers make light of the Loridensy. Ironically, after 10:00pm on the night Luporini voted to dismiss Joseph, Her Mercedes was witnessed driving towards Hwy 80 and DIXON. So what dies that show HER integrity and the others on the council?
Posters on this forum make light of her residency and the "Lori Sightings"- but YOU ALL perpetuate the LIE. What happened the integitry and righteousness? NADA as as long as your AGENDA is being pushed through. DISGUSTING.!! YOU ALL GET WHAT YOU DESERVE! LIARS and CHEATS is what you all are!

Re: let's see

Post by Guest »

my opinion wrote:so many of the posters hers make light of the Loridensy. Ironically, after 10:00pm on the night Luporini voted to dismiss Joseph, Her Mercedes was witnessed driving towards Hwy 80 and DIXON. So what dies that show HER integrity and the others on the council?
Posters on this forum make light of her residency and the "Lori Sightings"- but YOU ALL perpetuate the LIE. What happened the integitry and righteousness? NADA as as long as your AGENDA is being pushed through. DISGUSTING.!! YOU ALL GET WHAT YOU DESERVE! LIARS and CHEATS is what you all are!

Sheesh! Someone needs a nap!

Post by guest »

And just what is the residency law for council members? Do you know? Well, before you call someone a liar and a cheat, find out.

When you do find out, post it here.

Agendas

Post by Guest »

Your just ticked because the game plans have changed and your agenda is no longer the one on the table. This city has sucked wind at the whims of a few for so long it is time to change the breeze to something a bit less caustic. Your words are so filled with anger and over nothing. Time to move on.
Mel
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Mel »

OK Morris Curry- Your recent letter to the editor is not acurate. You claim to always seek out the "truth" before you put it into print. Clearly, what you have put into print, is an "untruth". While the web page you mentioned may be up to date, some of the links and "contacts" are not. ANYONE with half a brain would consider that. I am sorry, but enough is enough. Cindy has stepped down from that community organization. She did it roughly 2 years ago, and you heard her and you read it.
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

Wow seriously! I just saw the article on timesherald and the website he was talking about! So if I make a page on my website and put something like "The mayor of American Canyon is George Bush" and as long as I put Copyright 2006 at the bottom that means its the truth!!!! LOL :roll:
Visit AmericanCanyon.com --- Your online source for everything City Of American Canyon, California.

Just the Facts Man

Post by Guest »

It seems to me that Mr. Curry is always making "factual claims" which intentially try to discredit somebody. It isn't making me think twice about my support for what I perceive to be an exceptional councilwoman who asks questions and demands accountability.

Assuming that a website is updated regularily is very naive and quite frankly irresponsible. Especially one that is maintained as a nonprofit service.

I would expect a website maintained by paid personnel to be correct and factual when in reality most are not including our own city's which has had incorrect information on it for months, including office holders, activities, as well as job postings.

Maybe Mr. Curry needs another church to take up some of his time as the man clearly has too much of it on his hands.
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Up For Sale...

Post by ac94503 »

While driving around AC this morning, I noticed a new sign has gone up at Morris Curry's home..."For Sale"!!! One can only hope that he will relocate outside the city limits... Also, I found it very interesting that the selling agent is not his buddy Cori...

walk in one's shoes

Post by Guest »

for AC94503:
You seem so happy to see Morris Curry leave town. Let's examine his contributions to town and then compare them to YOURS.

Gateway Winner for contributions to American Canyon
Original founder of B&G Club
Cocoa Kids Founder serving All kids in Town
Pastor to congregation
City Council Candidate
Host of Channel 28, American Canyon's First TV show
AC CityLeague Basketball Coach
City Faith Program Chairperson
Community Services Group

just to name a few.

AC94503 feel free to post your contributions.
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder

Post by Issa »

This was my response to Mr Curry's opinion in its entire form. The Herald edited it.

Sir, I would like to suggest you do more research next time when you post an opinion, in particular the one from Morris Curry. I do not know who is responsible for publishing it but I'm assuming the Editor is the person to monitor this to prevent it from happening. In the April 18th Opinion section he states that Cindy Coffey is on a website listing her as a contact for an organization. Websites are known to have pages that are not updated, just because it shows her listed means nothing, it only means they did not update their webpage. I am happy with your paper, your articles about American Canyon are written well, but this is just not acceptable. I hope you will retract what was wrote and make it clear what you had published without researching beforehand is not true. Did you actually go to the website listed and see the name, and do editorial research to confirm the information published on that site was accurate and true? I think not. Cindy has officially and publically resigned from the group and just because a website lists her as a contact doesnt change that fact. Thank you.

Issa Salameh
Webmaster
http://www.AmericanCanyon.com
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder

Post by Issa »

This is a letter Mr Curry sent to me and the editor today.

"A Rebuttal to the Protect Coffey Club"

I read Mr. Issa Salameh's, response titled Web Not Always Right, April 25, 2006 appearing in the Times-Herald Newspaper to my "Opinion" regarding the notice of Mrs. Cindy Coffey's name still after two years on an Anti-Wal-Mart web site. As a matter of fact, I called the web site in question, before writing submitting the opinion page item, and posed as a person who wanted to make sure that the information I saw on the site was up-to-date, because (as I explained to them) had contacted other sites only to find out that the information was out of date. I was assured that the information was correct and in fact was transfered to an intern whose job it was to keep the site current. I have the reputation of never making statements or providing information without research, I guess my training as a historian and a college course called historiography and historiography might accounts for that. If you had been around in the early day of American Canyon you might have known that especially since the research regarding the cost of the American Canyon Waste Water Treatment plant to it's citizens has come true.

In my "Opinion page" offering, I found some information, and I did not pose any conclusions base on what I found, yet I ask those who read it to "RESEARCH" for themselves because there had to be an "easy answer" to the situation. Your statement that "Cindy has officially and publicly resigned from the group and just because a Web site lists her as a contact doesn't change that fact". in my "Opinion is not the result of research or and does not answer my question about the information on the web site, but rather you respond with your "Opinion", not a recitation of any facts that would answer my question.

I would think that as sensitive and divisive as the issue of Wal-Mart is here in American Canyon that Mrs. Coffey knowing that as you say web sites are notorious for being out of date, that due diligence on her part would want to make sure that there would be no mistake about where her name appeared and would make sure that any web site that bore her name would be an accurate representation of her name, based on the fact that someone in her position as a governmental representative would want to appear above reproach.

I am thankful for the intellect of the readers who are able to read writing and determine what the facts are so next time rather than attempt to protect Mrs. Coffey personally, read the issue and give an answer to the question posed for information sake rather as I did. Inquiring minds do want to know.

Morris Curry
159 Donaldson Way
American Canyon, Ca 94503
707-293-6199

This was my response. We'll see how much gets edited.

"Doing the research”

I am responding to Mr. Morris Curry’s reply regarding my letter to the editor posted in the Vallejo Times Herald on April 25th entitled “Web Not Always Right”, which was forwarded to me by email from Mr. Curry himself.

Apparently he didn’t get the memo (which I will be happy to mail you a copy of), a public resignation letter dated November 10th, 2004, which Cindy Coffey writes: ”I am officially renouncing my membership from the citizens' group American Canyon Community United for Responsible Growth.”.

This information was posted in numerous articles in the local papers including the Napa Valley Register, Vallejo Times Herald, Napa Solano Post, American Canyon Eagle, and even on the front page of my site http://www.AmericanCanyon.com. You can find the letter at http://www.AmericanCanyon.com/CindyCoffey.doc .

If you did your “research”, you can also find online: “…Coffey resigned from ACCURG a little more than a week later…” (“Wal-Mart to become AmCan sign of the times?”, Napa Valley Register, 01/02/05). How about “…Coffey resigned from the group opposing Wal-Mart, American Canyon Residents United for Responsible Growth…”, (“City says Coffey can't take part in Wal-Mart suit strategy sessions.”, American Canyon Eagle, 12/21/04), or perhaps “…American Canyon City Councilwoman-elect Cindy Coffey -- a leading figure in the Wal-Mart opposition -- formally renounced her membership in the group, giving the reins over to Shamet…”, (“Wal-Mart opponents sue AmCan.”, Napa Valley Register, 9/30/05).

Mr Curry we’re all adults now, I don’t need to do your homework for you now do I?

Why you would spend all your time sitting in front of your computer Google’ing her name trying to find some obscure website, calling them and posing as a “researcher” (as you state you have but I find hard believing) then writing to the local paper to make a big deal about what you found is out of line.

I don’t deny you have contributed greatly to this city of ours nor have I questioned your service. I feel our city is blessed to have you as one of our own especially during our national struggle with hurricane Katrina. If you want to post your opinion that’s one thing but don’t expect to go around posting misinformation because someone will catch you. Admitting when you are wrong is a virtue. Have you done your research today? I have.

Issa Salameh
Webmaster
http://www.AmericanCanyon.com
http://www.SignOnVallejo.com

Ignorance aaaahhhhhhh

Post by Guest »

Ignorance is bliss but thank God the legal system doesn't recognize it as a legal defense. Yes, Mr. Curry has had some accomplishments. But he has also had some issues.

Like being thrown out of his church on numerous occasions.

Having questionable money issues with various congregants in town not to mention the numerous affairs as a married church going man. What is that saying? Oh yes, "Do as I say, not as I do."

Waving a sign "vote for me" in his pajamas from his yard in front of children on their way to school.

Always creating conflict on every issue in town instead of working to build teamwork, new suggestions, or solutions.

Actually there is a "first" city television show and that is by Joann Gillan.

Morris needed something to spew his political beliefs from since the church was no longer available.

As for My2Cents you are so proud of his accomplishments why don't you post under your real name? I suspect it is because you are either stirring up the pooh or you don't believe your own words.

Mr. Curry's greatest accomplishment was the Cocoa Kids. After that it was strictly downhill.

Whatever the case my best to Mr. Curry, yes, you have definitely made a lasting impression on this community. :oops:
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Reply to My2cents

Post by ac94503 »

I have no award certificates on my wall...Doesn't mean I haven't earned them ... I agree with Justq on a meaningless collection.

After reading your posts...my major accomplishment is that I raised two "law abiding" citizens in American Canyon. It wasn't easy. As a single mom with an average income of $40,000 a yr. Do the math!

As for volunteering:

Soccer Mom.
Little League Volunteer.
PTA Volunteer.
Fundraiser for all of the above and other organizations in town.
A property owner who picks up the garbage that is thrown from cars and left behind by the garbage trucks weekly.
A resident who abides by the codes to keep my property clean and manicured.
Watched City Council Meetings since Mayor Cypher was elected and I never once caused any diversity in this community.

Maybe I don't need an achievement award hanging on my wall to know that my time has been very well spent not looking for "recognition" but stepping up when asked to help.

Does it compare to Morris Curry??? You decide.

Post by Guest »

Ah.....Issa. You are way to kind to Mr. Curry.
I have been in the community for 18 years. Some would say that I am a "newcomer". That's ok, but I remember things well.

1. Mr. Curry did not start the Boys and Girls Club. A woman who does not live in AC anymore, started it. Then Kieth Winters was the president after that, and Lorraine LaVoie came onto the board, along with Fran Lemos, Roger Cypher, and more. Mr. Curry was not even a member at that time. The group used to collect money for miles they would ride on bycicles around town. Some of the members would do the Cocoa for Kids in the early mornings. I know that Dianne Berryhill did it every morning for a few years, until her son granduated.

2. Mr. Curry lost his church on Rio Del Mar when he did not pay the rent on the site. He used his church money for his own purpose. The baptist leaders evicted his church which his congregation suffered. How unfair is this? Then, to top it off, he put up signs that said "death of a church".
How sad that he can't take responsibility.

3. He named himself for the "Gateway award". No one voted him in. He just stuck up his hand and said "I accept". No one spoke up and said, "You weren't nominated!". They were shocked and dumbfounded.
So, he got his way.

4. He cost the city $37,000 for attorney fees and delays in the Waste Water treatment plant. He wanted us to stay with Napa Sanitation which was going to cost the citizens each $137.00 per month for treatment.
I never did figure out why he was so hell bent on staying with Napa Sanitation when they were already in trouble with the state.

Morris always comes out of the "woodwork" when he wants to go after someone. He wants to make them look bad, so that he looks better than everyone. Politicians seems to be his target, laterly. First, Luporini, which he has gone after several times over the last 10 years. She said "she got used to it." Now Cindy Coffey.
Funny thing is, he is always nice to their face. But, don't turn around, as he has his "knife ready."

What is the next subject? Who is his next target? Small people go after others to build themselves up. Too bad. He must really dislike himself, inside. :!:
Mel
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Mel »

Morris Curry, the fact that you stated in today's Times Herald, that you CALLED the web site and the intern said all info was correct and current can't possibly be true. Do you really think that the intern CALLS EVERY single contact on the web site and says, " are you still the contact of this group?" No, I don't think so. I personally emailed the webmaster and told him/her that Cindy is no longer a member of the group opposing Walmart let alone the contact. I know this because I AM a member. He then emailed me that he had taken Cindy's name down and then he said thank you for the info and the only way they can update the website is by people who contact them. They put the website together by the info THEY find on the internet. Our group didn't contact them. I hope this clears it up. If any of you (Mr. Curry) are surfing the web and come across Cindy's name as a contact for this group, please email me through this site and I will have it removed. It is virtually impossible to clear her name off EVERY web site in the world, so any help I get is welcomed. Thank You.