LCpl. Phillip West Funeral Service in Gym

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.

LCpl. Phillip West Funeral Service in Gym

Post by Guest »

As a citizen of American Canyon I must say it is a tragedy to here about the loss of one of our own. But today was definatly a day that we, the citzens of American Canyon, came together for the first time in a long time. We set aside our problems with each other and oppions on certain people to pay our dues to LCpl. Phillip West. I did not personaly know Phillip but as a person at this event i noticed that most of American Canyon cares. Some notable people who attended were former Vice-Principle OF Vintage High Scholl Mr. Peason, VHS teacher Mrs. Hayley, AMCAN City Council Members: Anderson, Garcia, Schafer, and Luporini (Council Member Coffey did not attend) It has been a hard day and month for the West family, so let it be know - here in this forum topic - how much we respect what LCpl. Phillip West has done for our country and how much we support the West family in their time of grief.

We will miss you Phillip
I care

Post by I care »

Yes, it certanly was a tragedy that we lost a hero like Phillip West. But as for setting aside our differences with "people" as you put it.... Way to go on singling out Cindy. She had a prior commitment but wanted to be there. She is a huge supporter of our troops as are MANY Am Can residents. It is time to set it all aside and get along. As we have just witnessed, life is way too short. Have a nice weekend.
A/C Supergirl

attendance

Post by A/C Supergirl »

I happen to know that Cindy did attend, in fact she did have another committment, her sister-in-law's wedding in North Sac. She spent Friday night there got up early for pictures, skipped the morning wedding and drove as fast as she could to the 11:00 a.m. service. When she arrived they were only allowing military personnel inside, not wanting to cause a fuss I believe she signed the guest book then drove back to catch the balance of the reception. I also saw her taking pictures pictures which perhaps may be published in the next Post. I don't know as I didn't ask.

Now that is dedication. I personally would never leave a family wedding that has been planned for over a year, but then I am not her.

I saw her as I was picking up my trees from American Canyon Middle School. I saw her go to the door and look in and get stopped. I also saw many military personnel wanting entry and I am sure she retreated out of respect for them to attend.

Quit taking a rather personal time for a family in distress and turn it into some sort of political coup. Lighten up for everybody's sake....please.

Always check your facts-- I am sure you will in the future.

God Bless Philip West's family, thank you for your son's service for our country. My family's prayers are with you.
jackieo

Where was Coffey

Post by jackieo »

Just to let the public know that I parked behind Ms. Coffey and her husband on Donaldson Way and walked with her part of the way to the funeral at the gym. Ms. Coffey and her husband stopped and took pictures of the large American Flag. Alot of us stood outside and listened to the service as the gym was full. Please have respect for the West family and for the Coffeys. God Bless America!
martha

Phillip West/Coffey

Post by martha »

Dear American Canyon,

I am a neighbor of Ms. Coffey. I want to let all of you know that Cindy dropped off a platter of cookies for the reception that was held for the West family. She was at the service earlier but needed to get back to a wedding. My family brought both our donation and the Coffey families to the gym at approx. 1:30. Please be kind during these hard times for the community. Merry Christmas.

Post by Guest »

My appologies to you all. All i know is all the Council Members were sitting next to each other in the last row of the reserved section. I just was a little upset due to her saying that she is for the children, and i didnt see her. My mistake and i admit it. Once again, Sorry!
amcannative
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Thank You

Post by amcannative »

I am Edward West the father of Phillip West. I do not know if anyone will read this page at this late date, but I just found it and want to say thank you. In no way should anyone feel bad for not attending and no one should be critisized- This City came together and gave to us in a way that I never imagined. My wife and I honestly thought we would have a funeral and move on- instead it grew to a huge honor on our part to know that you all support the troops and Phillip and us. Thank you. Do not feel bad or guilty or critisize anyone for not being there. I was born and raised here and my wife and I chose to raise Phillip and his brother and his sister here, we are very happy with our decision. Thank you again