Post Office Help

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
260 Park Manager
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post Office Help

Post by 260 Park Manager »

I am just wondering if anyone out there feels the same way I do.....
Our post office needs 2 employees. This way they won't have to close for lunch, they can take care of the what appears to be steady stream of customers in a faster time frame.
If you feel as I do...That is we need 2 employees at our office

Please sign the petition below.

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/AC94503/petition.html

[/b]
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

I thought the post office was closed? Its still up?
Visit AmericanCanyon.com --- Your online source for everything City Of American Canyon, California.
mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

POST OFFICE CONCERNS

Post by mattbb61 »

I have seen two employees on duty the last few times there; I thought that had already been resolved!? :shock:

You know what would be an improvement? Add a third drop box outside. :wink:
260 Park Manager
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post Office

They only had 2 employees for the holiday season. They are back to one person and have been for a couple of weeks. I have already suggested a third drop box. Hopefully they will take the suggestion.

Issa, there is a post office in the parking lot of City Hall or the old West America Bank building. The post office at the video store closed awhile ago.

Thanks
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

I went back and found that article that I remembered that was posted in register August of 2004, I guess I misread it about the Post Office closing based off this:

Vallejo Postmaster Freddie Mason confirmed this week that the postal annex near City Hall could close Aug. 31. The sole postal employee in American Canyon is moving to a full-time position in Vallejo, and the manager of post office operations for the U.S. Postal Service has not authorized the hiring of a new employee, Mason said.

American Canyon residents won't have to go out of town to find a post office after all.

After more than a week of being told that the post office would close at the end of the month because of staffing problems, residents were greeted with a sign on the front door Monday, telling them the post office won't be closed.
260 Park Manager
Wanderer
Wanderer

What a confusing article and time I remember when that was going on.

The little office is still there going strong in my opinion.

Just one person is not enough to keep up, plus the hours are hard to guess if they'll be there or you have to wait for their return.

There are alot of businesses and indivduals that use this office on a daily basis.
I know there are times when 20 minutes in line or waiting to open can make or break my afternoon or morning.

:D