Cindy on TV?

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.

Cindy on TV?

Post by Guest »

I remember reading that Cindy and Mr. Dodd were invited to be on Harry Martin's channel 28 show discussing the 1/2 cent sales tax on the 14th. Does anyone know if that is still scheduled for tomorrow night?
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Channel 28

Post by VicRiv »

Harry Martin hosted two people tonite on his show, A Napa City Council person and one from the Transportation board. Overall, the show was very informative.

My initial response was to be against the tax, as I find out more about it, i am being convinced it makes sense. Some highlights from the show and my (personal) research:

1) each city's council will be responsible for allocating the allocated funds the meet the city's needs.

2) the funds collected will stay in that area. I am not certain how they manage that process-but that's another discussion

3) a certain % of the collected funds are to be allocated to meet ADA requirements, maintenance projects and a majority to meet new projects and needs.

Lastly, the commission plans to take their show on the road. They have been contacted by our city representative, Councilperson Garcia and plan to have a townhall format meeting here in AmCan in early December.

I will keep you abreast of any developments. If you have any ?s please email me at vmr_eagle@yahoo.com

television show

Post by guest »

Hey Victor-
Did we watch the same show?
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

My Call in

Post by VicRiv »

I don't know what show you watched-but I actually called in and asked three questions. The responses were based on another post (about my position) and the replies were directly from the mouths of the guests as I was on the phone listening.

Monday evening 11/14..

Which show did you watch?

hmmm

Post by guest »

I thought it was that one, what were your 3 questions? I heard Bill Dodd was out of town so the debate for funding from American Canyon couldn't happen. So tell me the 3 questions, I might have been watching another transportation type talk series. Thanks.
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VicRiv »

Well, if you claim to be have been watching the show, I was the (onea and ONLY) AMERICAN CANYON caller who used up the LAST ten minutes of the show...so unless you have ADD..you should have not only HEARD but also remember the ?s, I asked. To make it EZ, I asked (and the replies) WERE in English,..

Napa Solano Post

Post by Guest »

I was very surprised to read in the latest Post that Cindy will be stepping down as editor-publisher

wrong information

Post by guest »

She is stepping down as Editor, not Publisher in order to allow junior high and high school students the opportunity to work as journalism and graphic design interns. She is creating a program for next year. Also with all of her City Council Committee assignments she told me she doesn't have the time to maintain the quality that people have relied upon.

I have met Mathew Pope and find him to be well educated. He will be a great asset to the Post.