Color Blind?

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.

Color Blind?

Post by Guest »

Has anyone else noticed that several home owners have selected paint colors for their houses apparently from a crayon box. I always thought that the worst paint selections I had seen in the past were lime green or purple. But a new color has emerged...Orange! I think the winner of "How Ugly Can I Make My Neighborhood" should go to the most recent paint job in Oceanview... that wonderful combination of Forest Green with Orange trim!!!
Mel
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Mel »

Let's add to this...I truly believe that painting your home these terrible colors makes the property values go down.

Chaucer - Melon color

Chaucer - throw up green

Color Blind

Post by Guest »

A work in progress in Victoria Faire...Sunshine yellow with reddish/brown trim. I guess the trim color was to match the new red rock landscaping. Oh and then let's paint the fence yellow to match the house... Park those old vehicles back in the driveway...Another masterpiece!
mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PROPERTY VALUES

Post by mattbb61 »

I recall a house in Vallejo just north of Redwood that was painted no less than 12 colors. the owner did it to spite his neighbors for a reason I cannot recall now; the house has since been returned to an earthly human color scheme.

Those homes merely make MINE look better, like their growing weeds in their yard next to my nicely manicured north 40.

Annoying? You bet. THEIR home? Yup.

My though is what would a prospective burglar make of a house which looks like a 4 year old chose the color and painted it?

Lime Green...I mean Lime Green...

Post by Guest »

Another work in progress is a "Lime Lime Green" new paint job on Carolyn
Dr. What are you thinking? It's just plain ugly! It makes the "yellow" house "green with envy!"
The Guest

Green Paint

Post by The Guest »

Actually, I think it is "Glow in the Dark" Green!