Hurricane Rita

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.

comments

Post by Guest »

I watched the city council meeting. Cori's question regarding $10,000 and Africa was RHETORICAL.

I think this type disaster is uniting the community. It's unfortunate something so disastrous has to be the cause. But all the efforts have demonstrated the good heart of american canyon.
Mama Mia

American Canyon

Post by Mama Mia »

American Canyon reminds me of a big Italian Family, kissing each other one minute, arguing the next, love, hate, always wanting to seek advice from mama and finally sitting down together eating, arguing and so forth. It really is a quite healthy relationship. Enjoy it. It just shows everyone cares.

My Big Italian Family

Post by guest »

I thought this post was funny.

The only difference it seems the saying should be "it ain't business, its personal" instead of " it ain't personal, it's business."..

:)
POSITIVE STRATEGIST

POSITIVE POST #1

Post by POSITIVE STRATEGIST »

AT LEAST WITH A BIG ITALIAN FAMILY THE PASTA WOULD BE GOOD!
POSITIVE STRATEGIST

POSITIVE POST #5

THE GENEROSITY OF THIS COMMUNITY IS WONDERFUL FOR THIS DESERVING SMALL TOWN, I DROPPED OFF MANY THINGS AT THE MAIL CENTER.
POSITIVE STRATEGIST

POSITIVE POST #6

MORRIS CURRY PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP. HOW ABOUT WORKING OUT A LIST WITH AREA CHURCHES OF ALL OF THE POOR AND DESERVING PEOPLE IN THE COMMUNITY AND ORGANIZING THEIR NEEDS BEFORE 5 DAYS PRIOR TO A HOLIDAY, THAT WAY THE COMMUNITY CAN GET INVOLVED AND HELP YOU OUT. IT WOULD GIVE YOU MORE TO WORK WITH RIGHT?
POSITIVE STRATEGIST

POSITIVE POST #7

THANK YOU DARRIN AND VALERIE FOR SHOWING AMERICAN CANYON'S TRUE COMMUNITY SPIRIT AND SPENDING YOUR OWN MONEY TO GET THE ITEMS THERE. YOUR PICTURES ON CAMERA FROM WHAT I COULD SEE WERE INSPIRATIONAL AND PERSONAL. NOT LIKE THE ONES ON CNN.
mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

TYPICAL POLITICIANS

Post by mattbb61 »

WHAT? After donating money to the red cross, and then hearing the federal government may spend/waste upwards of 200 billion dollars to rebuild the Big Wet, a city SEVEN FEET BELOW SEA LEVEL, comes word that my city council voted to give $10,000 of our general fund tax dollars to a city in the gulf? Is ANYONE going to see how it is spent? Or, will it go the way of the $2,000 credit cards FEMA handed out - to strip clubs and bars?

Why this ONE town? Is there any special interest on the city council in regards to this particular town? Did'nt this town KNOW they were in a bad area by the DOZEN or so YEARLY hurricanes which no doubt hit it? When will the NEXT installment of American Canyon tax dollars be going to bail them out?

Real leadership would have seen those three council members who were so willing to redistribute our tax dollars to spearhead a donation drive. I am SURE that would have brouight in even more than what they redistributed.

Politicians. Liberals. SO quick to spend other people's money, with no much as a by your leave.

Oh, and lets make sure we DO rebuild New Orleans, so it can flood again in 50 years, so we can do this ALL OVER AGAIN.

Thank you Cecil Shaver and Leon, for voting against it. For you others, I will keep this in mind come election time.

Abbeville

Post by Guest »

Mathewsbb61, you definitely got one thing right...We certainly won't forget who voted against this donation come next election!
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

It is about being responsible, taking action, doing somethin

Post by Paul Maguire »

The issue of donating money and actually DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT was RESPONSIBLE.

Your claim that is was not responsible, IS IRRESPONSIBLE!

10K is petty cash my friend- Giving to a worth cause once in a while is good for the community.

Lighten up.

totally misinformed

Post by guest »

Mbb-

You have the facts all wrong. The money was sent to a small community the size of ours. We adopted this community as a city. The motion from 2 weeks ago specifically stated to donate the money as an emergency relief item to anybody but the RED CROSS. The RC lacks organization, reaction, and control of the funds. Giving somebody a 2K Charge card and say there you go now get on with your life is ridiculous and quite honestly irresponsible. Also a good portion of any dollar given has administrative fees deducted. This money is 100% accounted for and given to be used for the assistance of evacuees including rental assistance, transportation out of the area to residents, and basic needs. It is not being given out as cash payments. All of it is being used in the town designated.

The community already sent a trailer full of aid from the community and area businesses to this small town. Was the town hit? No. Was it prepared to be hit? Yes. It sustained a devasting hurricane in 2002. As a result it created a plan, stored rations and water. It also set aside money to rebuild and repair. So what happened? The hurricane turned and missed the city. 120 miles west of N.O. But what did happen is about 500 families evacuated to the town.

So they opened up everything for shelters, opened up their rations and water and started spending thier safety egg willingly and neighborly and sent out emails for help to everybody they new in every community outside of the effected area.

One came to our city to one of our residents who coordinated the first trailer load. This town has yet to receive any assistance from RED Cross, Salvation Army or FEMA. The 13,000 residents who earn an average of 19k a year are trying to help these people. They needed help. Lord knows the local main employer Wal-Mart supercenter didn't, oh I am sorry they gave a $50.00 gift card. What else is new.

The federal government needs to take a lesson from all of the small California communities that are sponsoring these small neglected towns and react now when people need it so it doesn't become a bigger issue like a levi breaking because funds were diverted to other places.

We are also hoping to collect furniture, supplies, and clothing. We are fundraising for money and toys for Christmas. We hope to get a donated 18-wheeler or two by Christmas. Is this a giant undertaking perhaps. But when you receive heartfelt letters of people who pledge the same to you in your worst hour it is worth it.

The city wastes money every day. Maybe you should consider encouraging somebody to plug that dike before it bursts. As for Abbeville, now more than ever that city needs our help. They are also adopted by Half Moon Bay as we both are stepping up the efforts. Hurricane Rita is heading straight towards them and then what? Basically they are screwed unless somebody takes action.

I applaud the three members who showed humanitarian relief and show the federal government that people lose lives over red tape and indecisivness. Thank god we have the three votes from people who can react with kindness and forethought in an emergency.

Oh and remember it's not all tax dollars. Money comes from other sources as well. Best to be informed before posting here. Which surprises me as usually you are.
Stacy Su

Mathew post

Post by Stacy Su »

When the President made his announcement regarding the 2K I inquired. NONE of these evacuees have received this money. I didn't know about the 10K until break at the City Council meeting on Thursday.

When the monies were approved. I contacted the police department in Abbeville, besides being over joyed with a little relief coming, the next thing out of their mouth was "Ya'll better not have a big earthquake before we get this hurricane settled, so we can come and help you." Kindness, compassion and love for your fellow man.

Maybe Mathew you should contact the county of Arcadia in Florida. Find out how much help they received from the Red Cross & Fema last year when their entire county was pretty much wiped out. Red Cross was a no show. FEMA passed out water, but this poor community didn't receive any help, the Super WalMart in town didn't even give out food, clothing or water. They were kind enough though to let FEMA use their parking lot. These big organizations and big government are dragons that need to be slayed. With their administrative cost. Darrin & Valerie were so generous. Her taking time off work cost her 3K and another $2800 in expenses. That is compassion!

For the above post regarding anything except cash. It would be great if they could use the cash to get to help the people who are still in shelters located into housing. This would give some relief to the volunteers who have been staffing the shelters to assist in other ways.

School supplies are desparately needed and new or gently used school uniforms. If you can assist with supplies or would like to help picking up supplies and preparing them for shipping please email me at stacysu@comast.net. Thank You.

$10,000

Post by Guest »

Has the city finished their investigation yet so the money can be released?
Stacy Su

Hurricane Rita

Post by Stacy Su »

Hello to everyone. I just wanted to give an update on Abbeville, LA. Vermillion Parish is under mandatory evacuation due to their location to the Gulf of Mexico and the fact they will be extremely close to the eye of the storm. Their main concern at this time is flooding. They have numerous waterway openings to the Gulf. Vermillion parish has many sugarcane fields and rice fields. They are expecting Rita to wipe out their crops.

City officials are currently working on relocating the 1200 evacuees up North. This is not an easy task. Please keep these people in prayers and ask God to give them strength.

I will keep you updated as I receive information.
Stacy Su

Monies

Post by Stacy Su »

I believe they have.

Agree with Mattbb61

Post by guest »

I agree with Matt's posting, The intent of the donation was correct, but just because some members of the council think the general fund is an ATM for their pet projects does not make it right.

I have mentioned this to many citizens in the form of "what do you think about the council approving $10K for Katrina Relief?" most of the responses didn't approve of using tax dollars for this purpose, especially out of town.

Despite what you may say of Curry, his approach was best. Asking for private donations.

Hurricane Rita

Post by Guest »

Stacy Su...While watching the news regarding Hurricane Rita I have a question. How close is Abbeville to Lake Charles, Lafayette or the coast of the Gulf of Mexico? What is the latest news you have heard from your friends in Abbeville?
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Abbeville Flooded-reported on CNN today

Post by Paul Maguire »

Abbeville LA was on CNN all day today, and is in 4 feet of water tonight. Abbeville evacuated all the earlier displaced residents from Katrina, and then evacuated their own town for Rita.

This is a city that definately needs help. It is a good thing these Americans can count on their fellow countrymen in American Canyon to help them out.

What a challenging time for our fellow Americans in the south.

Post by Guest »

You know, it just AMAZES me that we have people inthis community that didn't want to help the Abbeville community. Wonder what they think now. I bet those who were against it would be the first people out of Am Can should something happen... Forget sticking around to help.

Katrina / Rita Fund

Post by Guest »

Since the City "adopted" Abbeville to help them support the victims of Katrina, and now that Abbeville has many victims itself from Rita, I hope the City Council will designate the original $10,000 to be used by the Abbeville Police Dept. for victims of both storms.
what the?

Responses

Post by what the? »

It is very unfortunate what is occurring to all the victims of Katrina and Rita. It is even more unfortunate that some posters have to continue to make false accusations and continue to spread hate and negativity amongst local residents.
The city as a whole is one of the most generous towns in the area. I have personally witnessed the generosity firsthand. I seriously doubt anyone would abandon 'home' if any type disaster would occur here.

Isn't it time to put your petty, unfounded accusations aside?

FEMA-Get out of the way

Post by guest »

It is time to step up and help our fellow Americans who are in desperate need. There was a great documentary on MSNBC last night and the main point was that FEMA stopped help from getting through. FEMA turned people away, required them to fill out paperwork, and other such nonsense.

The second big point was that in most areas, all relief supplies came from private donations and neighboring states.
guestnac

Post by guestnac »

American Canyon was in the right by contributing to Abbeville. There are naysayers in every community. Don't give them any recognition by acknowledging them. They will do enough to self destruct all by themselves.

Coordinated Effort for Relief

Post by Guest »

I for one am so tired of the continual negativity between groups of citizens in AC. I really don't think either group is a good representation of all the residents in this city. Isn't it time to stop this nonsense and do something positive TOGETHER. The relief effort for the residents of the hurricanes provides this opportunity. Why don't representatives from all the different organizations in town get together and come up with a viable fund raising effort to help these people immediately. We have many groups, (PTA, Churches, Chamber, Kiwanis, Lyons, Little League, Soccer, Football, Boy Scouts, Fire Cadets) that I'm sure would like to be involved with helping these unfortunate people in Louisiana. After reading the front page of the Post it sounds as if only a very limited number of citizens were involved with the first truck load of relief sent to Abbeville. Another suggestion is to have someone who is not embedded so deeply in the politics or diversity in this community take a leadership role. This possibly could eliminate the negativity that seems to work it's way into every issue in this city. It's time to grow up.

Suggested Action Item !

Post by Guest »

I wholeheartedly agree with this post. American Canyon has so much to offer. I refuse to let a few "bad eggs" spoil it for the rest of us who really care about the city and want to make a positive effort by their actions. Instead they are letting personalities, politics and their emotions destroy this fantastic community.

When would be a good time and place to meet?
I suggest the Marketplace for drinks, casual conversation and idea sharing.
This would also be the perfect time for people to meet one another and really get to know each other. Realize each other's potential, ideas, and personalities.

Anyone open for Wednesday at 6:30pm?? Marketplace on Hwy 29.

Thoughts? If there is interest, I can tell Dennis to expect a small crowd.

Coordinated Effort...

Post by Guest »

The first post was certainly in no way to suggest that we eliminate any efforts that are taking place now but to enhance them. I would like to see Valerie and Darren involved as possibly the leaders of this effort. Also, we have not received any information regarding if the immediate needs have changed for Abbeville since such a devastating weekend. Does anyone have any updated information?

Setting the rtecord straight- reply guestnac

Post by guest »

You are totally our of control. The general fund isn't available as an ATM!
Many people I have spoke to feel that THEIR tax dollars should stay here.

There is a difference with good intent and the 'right thing' to do. No winners or losers, no right or wrong. But most of the taxpayers I have SPOKEN to want their $$ to stay here in Am Can.

Reality is that the devestation in NO, MS, etc is tragic, but the other side is charity begins at home. Shaver and Garcia made the correct decision.

Luporinia, Coffey and Anderson could have contributed ANYWHERE there wanted to. Now we realize that our pet project (Abbeville) has also been 'adopted' by Half Moon Bay and have been stuck again by Rita. Is this the way we want our $$ to be spent? Where is the Accountability? What did we receive in return, besides "feel good"

Reply to setting the record straight

Post by Guest »

"Where is the Accountability? What did we receive in return, besides "feel good". You have got to be kidding!
Stacy Su

Drinks at the MarketPlace

Post by Stacy Su »

We can't meet at the MarketPlace, it caught fire Saturday Morning. Unfortantely none of the papers reported it. We could probably use the meeting room at the Fairfield Marriott it accomodates 40 people.

I have been in constant contact with Abbeville. With evacuations still going on in the parish things are a little crazy these last few days. I will speaking with Diane Broussard from the VFCC to get a list of items they need. We didn't put a posting up because we wanted to be specific in which items are needed.

The people of Abbeville and Vermillion Parish are greatful for the help they have received from the citizens of American Canyon. It is truly so sad they are going through this themselves right now.
stacy su

abbeville

Post by stacy su »

Abbeville is 24 miles southwest of Lafayette. You have to go through Abbeville to get to Erath which is about 9 miles south (80 % flooded). Many people left the coast line thinking they would be safe with friends in Erath, but ended up having to be rescued do to the rising waters.

Lake Charles is 86 miles west of Abbeville off I10 (it is actually closer, but no roads directly there. If you go to mapblast and look at the map of LA. You will see many waterways leading up through Vermillion Parish. That is why they are able to grow rice, have shrimp & crawfish farms and the climate is right for growing sugarcane.

West LA mostly has no coastline with beaches. Many of the people living in the communities work on the oil rigs or fishing boats. The boats go up the intercoastal to docks to unload their shipments, or pick-up supplies for the oil rigs. The roads are typically are very high up going out to the coastal towns like Avery Island, Intercoastal City and Maurice.

I hope this helps answer some questions.

Coordinated Effort

Post by Guest »

The meeting may need to be held off until more information is available as to the needs of Abbeville. Also, does anyone know if other groups in AC are planning any type of collection or donation drive at this time?
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

funds

Post by mindingcitybiz »

I have spoken to several people about the 10k and I get the same reaction. What is up with Curry & Cori? Why would they be against helping people. Everyone has said it is great thing the city did. So I guess all they naysayers on this forum must be the same small group who always says "NO" unless it was something they put forth first. Do you think Curry would be complaining if the City agreed to give the money to him? The City didn't haven't a problem bailing out the 4th of July committee either.

People need to re-evalute their agendas, ask themselves is this helping or hurting someone. Is American Canyon showing its best foot forward? These thoughts should be pondered.
Fund

Facts & Funds

Post by Fund »

According to the City of American Canyon website, in Jan 2005 there were 14,300 residents here. $10,000 divided by the 14,300 residents is equal to $ 0.70 per resident.

object to funds

Post by guest »

I personally donated $100 but as for the city donating the $10,000, I object. City tax money should be used for the city business.

If the city is going to donate money, why didn't we donate $10,000 to the tsunami. How about donating money to AIDS research, breast cancer research or stem cell research?

Where does it stop?
stacysu

where does it stop

Post by stacysu »

Where does what stop?
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

You know, at first glance I thought it was the wrong thing to do but after reading about it all, it was the right thing. Reading about Abbeville and the replies the city has received I am glad the council approved. They really needed that money, as well as the other donations others in the community gave. We did a good thing for them, they are very appreciative of it, it has been put in the right hands, and I'm proud we have those on our council willing to do put AmCan on the map and show the country that although we might be small, we are a wonderful city. This is what makes this city so great, we're a family, and every citizen should be proud that their city cares. There is a kid somewhere in Abbeville eating tonight and he has those in our community to thank. When hes back in his own bed hes going to remember about that little city somewhere in California who fed him. I just hope he doesnt visit these forums to read what people think about the donation given to help him. I'll see if I can post some pictures or get permission to post responses by Abbeville, perhaps after reading them you will see how valuable this donation was to these people.

Where does it stop?

Post by Guest »

Stacy Su,

It only stops when people find compassion in their hearts...stop being selfish...and experience a real tragedy in their own lives...then the use of public funds become mute, only needed.

Take care and please keep us updated on Abbeville.

A question from Jon Snyder to God recently in light of KaRita :" What part of "God Bless America " do you not understand?

My observation: The "F" in FEMA has taken on a whole new meaning.
Willing to Help

Coordinated Fundraising Meeting for Abbeville

Post by Willing to Help »

I would like to hold a meeting at Gadwall Park in Waterton on Friday at noon. I have several ideas that I would like to share and discuss with those in the community that would like an active role in the raising of funds for Abbeville. It would be great to see representatives from the athletic leagues, business community, PTA groups, Civic Organizations, Churches, etc. I realize that a Friday afternoon may not be workable for many people out of town at their jobs, but this will most likely only be the first meeting of several. It basically is to see what interest there truly is in our community to help the victims of Katrina and Rita. Moms and dads who want to be involved, your children are welcome at this meeting.
Stacy Su

Gadwall Park

Post by Stacy Su »

How about a different time. Most people work during the day, or many are picking up their kindergarteners at 11:50 am and need to feed them lunch. Of course a brown bag lunch would work. Then again this is a starting point to get even more people involved.
Willing To Help

Meeting

Post by Willing To Help »

The meeting is still scheduled for 12:00 noon at Gadwall Park. If you are a little late...no problem.

Also, as Sindy posted, please do not forget to "Support Our Troops" with your donation.
Willing to Help

Meeting

There was a very small turnout at the meeting today at Gadwall Park. However, that was to be expected. So at the risk of sticking my neck out on this forum, I would like to post a copy of the letter I would like to forward to all groups and organizations in AC. I think, I look forward to your feedback?

Coordinated Effort for Abbeville Relief

In light of the recent hurricanes, the City of American Canyon has adopted the town of Abbeville, Louisiana. What exactly does that mean? How are we going to assist this town?

I have an idea that I would like to share with all of the various groups in American Canyon. The way my plan would work is to ask all organizations in this community to host a fundraiser by the end of December and split their profit with the community of Abbeville. If a fundraiser is already planned by your organization then much of the work for your event is already in progress. This plan would keep a fair portion of funds in our community and still help with the devastation that has occurred in the Abbeville area.

I realize having been involved with a few local organizations in the past that most of you have a Board of Directors that would have to act on this proposal. I would hope during the month of October 2005 this proposal would be presented to your Board for consideration.

Some of the fundraising ideas I have been able to come up are as follows:

P.T.A.: Could place large water bottles in a central location for collection of coins from staff and students. Funds could be designated to the parent/ teacher organizations in Abbeville.

Boyscouts: Could split their canned food drive collections giving half to the town of Abbeville.

Churches: Ask you congregations for a second collection during the month of November specifically for a church congregation in Abbeville.

A.C.W.V: Sponsor a Home Run Derby with half of the profits to go to Little League in Abbeville.

Chamber of Commerce: Ask businesses to place water bottles in their reception area and collect left over lunch change for a specified period.

I have many more but will not take up any more of you time. If this sounds like a viable plan for your organization, please contact me at pgrube1950@hotmail.com and I would be more than happy to discuss this plan in further detail with you.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Willing to Help

Community Coordinated Effort

As I mentioned before, this effort to coordinate organizations in the community (to participate in fundraising) is in no way to distract from the efforts that are already taking place in this community. I know from meeting Stacy at the meeting, she has new information as to the immediate needs of the people in Vermillian Parish and will be posting that information soon.
Stacy Su

Rita

Post by Stacy Su »

As you well know many people are still in shelters and staying with family or friends in the area. Due to lack of space at this time, we are working on only obtaining the donations as requested by Jim Grant, Executive Director of the Vermillion Faith Community of Care:

Construction Goods:
Ladders
Generators
Dollies
Rope
Air compressors
Nail guns – roofing and building
Hammers
Screw guns
Power washers, high power
Flat shovels
Skillsaws
Blue tarp to cover roofs
Crowbars
Industrial strength garbage bags
Wheelbarrows
Rubber boots, calf high
Concentrated biodegradable
cleaner/disinfectant
Tool belts and nail sacks

Household Goods:
Rice cookers
Electric skillets
Microwave ovens
Bedding/linens – blankets, sheets, bedspreads, pillows, towels, etc.

It is important at this time that we send the items requested by the VFCC, as getting repair materials and equipment is going to be difficult for the region due to supply and demand. As in past disasters the price of items skyrocket. Please have all items donated by the 18th of October.

Valerie & Darrin Burr are facilitating the American Canyon relief effort. Please call them at 853-7688 if you have items on this list you would like to donate. If you would like to pass out flyers on Thursday, October 6th please contact me (Stacy Su) at 557-5638 or Melissa Dugdale 643-3135. We will also need volunteers to help receive and pack goods.

Executive Director Jim Grant of the VFCC hopes some people will be able to start moving back into their homes by the end of November. When the time is appropriate he will send another request for other items, such as clothing, and furniture. People are also looking for campers. Some areas closest to downtown Abbeville will have power lines to hook-up to their property as early as next week.

The waters are receding within a 15 mile radius of town. Recently I was sent pictures. I just can't imagine. Some of the pictures reminded me of the Loma Priada Earthquake. One house standing and five around it down. The City of Abbeville in October of each year has the Cattle Festival. It draws people from all over the region. It is the largest income to the area. Unfortunately it won't happen this year. They have been loading cattle trucks up and taking them Northern LA.

The citizens of Abbeville are greatly appreciative for all the donations American Canyon has donated. Remember letters of encouragement are always appreciated too. (You can drop those of at Darrin and Valerie's to be sent with the shipment.)
Stacy Su

Donations

Post by Stacy Su »

I received a few phone calls regarding cash donations today. The reason we asked for items only is because they will have difficulty purchasing this stuff in LA do to supply and demand. For non-profits that are doing fund raisers may I suggest you purchase the items on this list and donate that way.

Thank you, again everyone.

Talk About Bad Luck...

Post by Guest »

Insult to injury - Napa Register
Saturday, October 15, 2005

Talk about bad luck. Cory Brown, the 18-year-old Hurricane Katrina survivor who has been put up in an American Canyon mobile home thanks to pastor Morris Curry Jr. and a bunch of generous donors, was reportedly mugged in Vallejo this week, and had his entire first paycheck from a new construction job stolen from him.

Curry said Vallejo police are on the case.

Curry said he hasn't talked to Brown since, and got word that he may be heading back to New Orleans to be with his family.

"I think he's grieving," Curry said of Brown, and not over the mugging but over the losses his family sustained due to the hurricane. "He left his mother and grandmother.
He hasn't had a chance to grieve."
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Donations-Abbeville

Post by VicRiv »

Holy Family Parish in AmCan donated $ 2050 to VFCC. I just mailed it out to Jim Grant's attention today.
I have about 7-8 boxes of things I need to bring somewhere.
Can someone contact me to let me know where to take it. I have been trying to reach Stacy to no avail.

Who is collecting supplies? Or is their a drop off somewhere?

HELP!!

victor rivera vmr_eagle@yahoo.com
Mel
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Mel »

Victor, Stacy is still very much the driving force in the Abbeville project, however she has taken in her ailing grandfather and her entire family has been very sick the last week and a half. She will be getting back to everyone starting, I believe tomorrow. I am more than willing to pick up anything you have or you can drop it to me at my home. My phone is 643-3135

Katrina Relief

Post by Guest »

I see a sign along Hwy 29 that directs you into Larry's Topper's old facility that says Katrina Relief. Is this a facility used for the collection of goods for Abbeville or is this storage area being used by another organization?

Katrina Warehouse

Post by Guest »

The sign actually says "Katrina Warehouse".
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Thanks!

Post by VicRiv »

I was able to drop off the boxes of provisions to Mr. Burr across the street from Canyon Oaks. It was also touching to hear the stories of what he has witnessed.