Great Response--PUBLIC WORKS

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
guest35

Great Response--PUBLIC WORKS

Post by guest35 »

Today at approximately 2:00 -2:15 a car took out the speed limit sign and the fire hydrant on the corner of Donaldson/Benson across from the park.
The pole was on the left side of the street and they were supposed to be on the right side. By the tire tracks which show going across the lawn of 2 almost three lawns and over the sidewalk it's amazing no one was injured.

CHP and AmCan police arrived for traffic control until public works could turn off the water which was shooting up at least 15-20 feet in the air. Public works also IMMEDIATELY got a tractor over the clean up all the muddy residue and put up safety cones.

Unfortunately the wreckless driver got away. Supposedly driving a small tan or beige car. It has to have some damage on the front side of the car. Keep your eyes open and report any suspected perp..

ACMS was letting out and the fact that this maniac driver was on the wrong side of the street, driving on lawns and sidewalk could have been a major disaster.

GREAT JOB to PUBLIC WORKS for a FANTASTIC response time
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

public works

Post by Paul Maguire »

The key man there in my opinion is Larry- he has worked for this city for over 15 years I think it is- and does a great job. We have a great team in Public Works and a good director- Larry has shown a long history of loyalty to the city and hard work. I like both. I remember during the Walmart meeting, Larry was there with other public works guys, the city manager, myself,a few others and we put away the chairs till like 1 am in the morning- they started at 7 am that day- thats loyalty and caring for your city!

On the run

Post by Guest »

Around 2:40 I saw AmCan Police with a stopped car matching the description above at Elliott. About two -3 blocks before the police station,,,towards Vallejo. Was this our lunatic?