Meeting re: Mental Health Services in AC

This forum is dedicated to our local Police Department to let the community know about recent laws, as well as to discuss problems and concerns with the citizens. Please note: This is a public forum, do not post any personal information or discuss non-public criminal issues. Please email or call the officers directly if you need assistance with a crime. Abusing this forum can be a serious matter and we will not hesitate to provide information using our logs about who you are.

Moderators: Issa, ACPDWarrington, ACPDMontoya, ACPD Brownlee

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Do not post personal information about crimes on this forum, please directly call the police department instead. Use this forum to communicate to our police force online.
Careprovider

Meeting re: Mental Health Services in AC

Post by Careprovider »

I am very interested in learning more about the meeting agenda, involving Jim Featherstone, regarding mental health issues in our community. I happen to catch Chief Koford at the city council meeting tonight and am very pleased that Napa County Mental Health are extending an opportunity for a much needed service in American Canyon. Any additional information Chief Koford or Jim Featherstone could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
ACPD Brownlee
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ACPD Brownlee »

Careprovider -

I received this from Chief Koford regarding your question and have posted it here for your information:

The meeting is set for August 30th at the Rec Room next to the PD. It is from 5:30 to 7:30. they (Napa County Mental Health) would like input on what residents would like from Mental Health. I would like to see a satellite office in Am Can.

Thanks, Doug K.

Meeting

Post by Guest »

I think an invitation to this meeting, to all residents in board and care homes in American Canyon, would be the ultimate act of kindness this community could extend.
Careprovider

Re-posting of this meeting

Post by Careprovider »

I hope that Chief Koford will use all resources available in AC to inform residence of this meeting. I am sure he will.

If the Sheriff's Dept thinks mental health issues are important in AC (based on their experience) then this is an opportunity for residents to be heard and appropriate programs to be designed for our community.

Recently, I watched a news program (possibly Dateline) report that the highest injury suffered by returning military veterans from Iraq is a brain injury. We need to set-up services now for our loved ones regardless of what the Veteran's Administration may possibly be planning.

This is a very important meeting to tell the County what services we have not had available in AC. More important, this is our opportunity to devise a plan for the future residents that will require services.
ACPD Brownlee
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ACPD Brownlee »

Above "Guest" remarks removed - not within forum guidelines