American Canyon in the Plaza

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.

American Canyon in the Plaza

Post by Guest »

I couldn't make it tonight to the Friday Nite event but drove by and there seemed to be quite a few cars... Wondering how it was if you attended.

Canyon Plaza

Post by Guest »

Excellent! Rodderick Sweeney does a great job of putting this together. We do need to add some additional booths but great foundation to build on!
napaseller
Historian
Historian

Friends of the American Canyon Library at Friday Nights

Post by napaseller »

FOACL will be holding Book Sales and offering free prizes for membership in front of the AC Library on Fridays, July 8th, August 19th and Sept. 2nd. Hope to see you there. Paperbacks 25 cents each or 6/one dollar and some hardcovers one dollar and up.
Future Vendor

Friday nite

Post by Future Vendor »

I forgot about Friday Nite in the Plaza until I pulled into the bank parking lot to get some cash. I decided to walk through the displays and thought the event was very well attended (it was only about 6:30) and there were quite a few booths. I wonder if someone knows how much it cost to rent a space or where I could find an application for another Friday evening? I also thought the music was very enjoyable. This event definitely has alot of potential! If there is a negative side, my observation is just like the 4th of July, they do need something to keep the public on site for the vendors to return week after week! On the positive side, I will go next week!

information

Post by guest »

You can call Rodderick at 648-7275 for booth information and it is still free this year. Good luck getting in though, the event is being taken over by realtors, insurance companies, and others who do not sell or enhance the whole family marketplace farmer's market kinda atmosphere. Kids get bored quick and there isn't enough seating. But it is still improving and they are learning by September 2nd it will rock!
opinion50

Nites at the Plaza

Post by opinion50 »

I can't beleive this nonsense. The activity is open to anyone who wants to attend. It isn't solely for realtors etc.
It is designes as an outlet for any company, person, group to show their community spirit and their product offerings. This past Friday, the Napa Marketplace showed up for the first time. Dennis, the owner complained that all the 'restrictions werebueaucratic BS". This was the result of a standing councilperson and paper publisher who made a stink about proper food handling and then has the gall to complain why there aren't more food booths.
If someone decides not to fill out an application, set up a booth-then it's their fault.
Grow up!. Your thought process and sense of reasoning is flawed.

facts wrong

Post by guest »

Once again somebody gets on the forum and spits out facts that they do not know about.

A standing councilmember/paper publisher does not control what the county of Napa requires for a food service permit. And you are a fool to think so. The rules of safe food handling have been in effect and fully enforceable since before A/C was a city.

I know, I was planning to sell food last year and didn't think the license was worth it. As for the existing food booth participants they really aren't following the rules anyway so what is your problem?

These people (Marketplace) probably called to participate late and got a bad spot, that is the luck of the draw. This thing books up early. Last year the rec dept got a bad rap because all of the food was together, this year they broke it up so people can compete.

Also the market is bigger and people are not use to wrapping around the back side, that is why they put the band there.

Oh and as for the publisher of the paper, nice try she is the only one marketing the event. And has been for the last 3 months prior.

But then again as they say "opinions are like_______everybody has one" and in your case you have 50 so I guess that makes you one really big ______! Cheers mate!
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: facts wrong

Post by mindingcitybiz »

guest wrote:These people (Marketplace) probably called to participate late and got a bad spot, that is the luck of the draw.
Not sure what your talking about when you say these people then in quotes say (MarketPlace).

I was at the Friday Nites this past friday and had a great time with the kids. The music was great, the food was good. Lots of vendors this year. I bought some pot pouri. It is improving each year.

I like how they try to put all the kids stuff together. Now if they could just put all the food vendors in the same area down by the music. Last year they had tables so you had a place to eat food and listen to the music. I hope they bring the tables back.

We need more vegetable stands and fresh cut flower stands that would be a bonus so if you know anybody have them call Roddrick and get an application.
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Nites at the Plaza

Post by mindingcitybiz »

opinion50 wrote: This past Friday, the Napa Marketplace showed up for the first time. Dennis, the owner complained that all the 'restrictions werebueaucratic BS".
Funny you should say this. I had the opportunity to speak with Dennis today and asked him how last friday nite went. Dennis said "He sent one of his chefs because he had to make food for the dinner crowd at the restaurant. All in all it went well and he was looking forward to this week and offering cuban sandwiches along with the seafood sandwiches. When I inquired about the food permits, Dennis said " It was no big deal, he just had to drive to the county offices and pick them up.

Not sure where your getting your information Opinion 50, but it is not very nice to put innocent people down. Just my opinion.