Leon the Lion...NOT!

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
AmCan Old Timer

Leon the Lion...NOT!

Post by AmCan Old Timer »

After watching the meeting last night I am appalled at how Leon thinks he is the "Lion" in charge. This man's ego is bigger than any one councilmembers should be.

He has an opinion although empty and shallow about everything whether it is relavent or not. The flag waving about childcare and changing tables makes me ill.

He wants you to think he knows what he is talking about, but in reality if you listen, follow the facts he really doesn't. I suspect it is because he is attending everything without conviction.

Next year is an election year and Leon is not what the voters will want. He lacks conviction. He also lacks knowledge since obviously we don't need more daycares as the daycare facilities at Napa Junction are closing due to lack of participation. Clueless!!

Is there anybody else out there that feels Leon is as self serving as I do? Let your voice be heard......He is so desperate for acceptance and acknowledgement that he moved here from Napa from two failed election attempts.

Leon's heart is in Napa and it is clear by the direction of his committments and social calendar. I am just pleased when every council meeting airs that more and more of the voting public sees what I see.

Of course it doesn't hurt when someone like Cori Badersher gets up and gives him a character reference. We all know what that does........her track record has been discussed in this forum several times.

Keep it up Leon and someday you will be preaching to a choir of one.
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Leon

Post by mindingcitybiz »

Leon is a nice person, but I agree that he is just using AC as a stepping stone. I don't forsee him going on after this election. He has just never bonded to the community. We need fresh young blood, people who are energized and according to one of the city council meetings he has only turned in last year a little over $300 in receipts for expenses???? What has he been doing for the last year sounds like nothing to me.
MeadowsGuy
Historian
Historian

Post by MeadowsGuy »

He's Luporini's bag man !! He's out of here next election. New faces? I completely agree. Some very old faces may be good too... people who originally set American Canyon on the cityhood path. Cecil originally OPPOSED Incorporation !!! What about that? Luporini was NEVER part of the incorporating group. Now you know why this City is messed up.
NewInTown

observer

Post by NewInTown »

We just moved into the area and didn't know that the city had a cable channel. Just saw it one night flipping aruond.

I never saw a council meeting before and I think this was awful. There was talking in the audience and two men on the council were just talking to here themselves. I didn't understand a word and did it really mater?

I couldn't read the names from the camera but is Leon the mexican looking guy close to the woman with the glasses?

He wasn't very good. He looked like he was doing a television interview becasue when he answered or talked he looked at the camera. He reminds me of somebody selling cars.

I wasn't impressed it was all very badly run.
homeboy

leon

Post by homeboy »

I too, am sick and tired of the "grandstanding" done by Leon. I listen, and then when he is done, I can't figure out what he said. I wonder if he knows? I wonder how the rest of the council can tolerate his "talks"? I can turn off the TV, they can't. I see Luporini roll her eyes, which is not proper to do, but who can blame her? Why would Leon be Luporini's "bag boy"? What does that mean? The next election should be taken very seriously. We need changes, quick! Too bad we have a year and a half to go.
When are they going to do something about MJ? He needs to go and be someone elses city manager. I am tired of his excuses. When will the council get the guts to do something? They only need three and so far, I only see two with the guts and they aren't even men!!!! Help, citizens.
Let's make some changes.

Recall

Post by Guest »

Recall Leon Garcia.........................

Recall Cecil Shaver........................

Retire Ben....................................

Investigate Luporini......................

Prosecute Colsleazer.....................

Cindy Coffey for Mayor........

Kay Woodson for City Manager!
AMCAN2006

Re: Recall

Post by AMCAN2006 »

Guest wrote:Recall Leon Garcia.........................

Recall Cecil Shaver........................

Retire Ben....................................

Investigate Luporini......................

Prosecute Colsleazer.....................

Cindy Coffey for Mayor........

Kay Woodson for City Manager!
THIS GUEST....GET MENTAL HEALTH TREATMENT....................
AMCAN2006

Re: observer

Post by AMCAN2006 »

NewInTown wrote:We just moved into the area and didn't know that the city had a cable channel. Just saw it one night flipping aruond.

I never saw a council meeting before and I think this was awful. There was talking in the audience and two men on the council were just talking to here themselves. I didn't understand a word and did it really mater?

I couldn't read the names from the camera but is Leon the mexican looking guy close to the woman with the glasses?

He wasn't very good. He looked like he was doing a television interview becasue when he answered or talked he looked at the camera. He reminds me of somebody selling cars.

I wasn't impressed it was all very badly run.
I agree...the meatings are not televised well at all. We need to do this in a much larger room to prevent all the noise! and as for leon...you voted him in!

Garcia

Post by Guest »

I didn't, but rest assured for those who did they not only learned a lesson but won't make the same mistake twice!