AmCan United vs. the monster

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.

AmCan United vs. the monster

Post by Guest »

Just a reminder to all citizens of American Canyon:

The AmCanUnited/Citizens Against Poor Planning vs. Walmart/City trial will begin Monday, June 27th at 9:30 a.m. It will be heard in Napa in Courtroom C. It is the "old" courthouse located across the street from the large new structure.

This is a very important day in court for American Canyon. All should attend. The trial should last aproz. 2 -3 hours.

Ready or Not?

Post by Guest »

Are both sides ready or will there be a request for a delay?

Party bus

Post by Guest »

I'll be there in my purple spandex with my yellow smiley on my shirt. I'll bring some beer and hotdogs and we'll party in my 1965 RV. I have a colored TV hook-up and would love to party afterwards. Don't mind my husband Bubba, he lost his false teeth but can suck on the beer without a problem.

Cheap prices, cheap beer, cheap spandex. Did I mention 81 percent of Walmart goods are made in China, so I can't say American Made much these days.

PS. Don't forget to wear your bandana!
neo94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by neo94503 »

hurrraa im sooo there lets show them how hill billy we can be paw yyyyeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

AmCam vs The Big Bully

Post by mindingcitybiz »

I am looking forward to Monday. May the truth prevail.
Mind Ur Own Biz

Re: AmCam vs The Big Bully

Post by Mind Ur Own Biz »

mindingcitybiz wrote:I am looking forward to Monday. May the truth prevail.
OH THE TRUTH WILL PREVAIL SISTA. IT WILL PREVAIL!

WE WILL HAVE OUR EVERYDAY LOW PRICES COME TUESDAY MORNIN'

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
neo94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by neo94503 »

no never walmart sucks @ss bone i hope thay get kicked out of AC

yyyyyyaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy nananana nananana HEY HEY HEY GGGOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDD BBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEE
nananana nananana HEY HEY HEY GOOD BYE
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

am cam vs. the monster

Post by mindingcitybiz »

Wow Mind ur Own Biz. Do you really think our judges are such ignoramouses that they would render a decision in less than 24 hours. Just a simply stay took 10 days. The judge could take up to 3 weeks to render a decision. The judge has had 2 weeks to review each parties brief, they will hear the case. Then do research and then render a decison. This is not the Michael Jackson case there will be no jurors.
napaseller
Historian
Historian

what time is the case being heard????

Post by napaseller »

i was told that the case would be heard at 8:30 a.m. in napa, yet the msg states 9:30 a.m. can this be updated????
BECOME A MEMBER OF THE FRIENDS OF AMERICAN CANYON LIBRARY NOW..

Post by Guest »

does it matter? get there at 8:30 and bring the paper. youll need to get there anyways for poor parking.

Court Case

Post by guest »

I was there for awhile and I am completely disgusted by what was said about the city manager. I am sure he is on the take or really really stupid.

Luporini was there making faces and rolling her eyes just like old times with all of her "friends." And so was Shaver although he wasn't as nervous as the city manager. They better cut him lose once and for all.

For once Garcia was smart and stayed away. He obviously wants to be re-elected, but this isn't enough to do it.

The usual cast of characters are here, Lemos, La Voie, Gonzalez, you know the handful of loyal Butler (developer) followers. Then there is Cori that blonde (bleached) real estate woman sitting in the middle as if anything she says makes any sense. That woman gives clueless a new meaning.

For somebody who "claims" to be so successful in home selling she really should rethink her wardrobe although she could be a poster child for Wal-Mart clothing. Get some new clothes.

As for the Anti-Walmart side, there are the employed, professional, and responsible retirees in attendance. I don't see any "union" people so I guess that blows that theory out of the water.

All sides are presenting good arguments. But the fact is the city blew it! And they have to redo it again to get it right. If you have a chance go down there. There is still a few seats left about 2 or 4. I left early for another appointment and couldn't help myself to update everybody from Starbucks.

The next few weeks will be interesting.

Court

Post by Guest »

Leon came in around 1:30 pm. He's not that smart to stay away.

I did have to giggle that the judge asked once and the balif asked twice that all cell phones etc... be turned off in the courtroom. Of course Cori B's starts ringing at the closing arguments and she can't find it to turn off the cute song that is playing.......(once again I conclude that a certain segment of the American Canyon populations ie. Cori and her croonies, do not feel that that they need to follow directions) oops!

BTW isn't the 4th of July this next weekend. Where are the posters, red white and blue, advertising etc... or is this a "secret" celebration, or even better did she flip flop again on this assignment just like the 8th grade graduation and the Washington, DC trip tee shirts?

Post by Guest »

My husband works at the courthouse just called me and told me one of our own Am Can'ers fell and seriously hurt herself. He didn't know who it was. Does anyone who was there know who fell?
legal1

Post by legal1 »

The court is likely to rule on this case in several weeks. It is highly unlikely the city and Walmart will prevail. Todays court testimony was the unmasking of what went on bringing us to this point.

The bigger issue of today, the forest through the trees if you will, was just how incompetant those running this city were with this project.

The call for change should start becoming louder and louder after today.

Injury

Post by Guest »

She is presently in the ER at Kaiser/Vallejo hooked up on IV's, semi concious and still according still in shock and has lost quite a bit of blood from a mouth injury. She has possibly fractured her ankle, lost a few teeth, broken up lip, hurt knee and eye injury. Keep her in your prayers.

Who's Hurt

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know who got injured yesterday at the hearing?
Legal1

Post by Legal1 »

Mark Josephs credibility, Americancanyons former city council's memories, Buzz Butlers and Lake Street Ventures pocket book, and Cori B et al's egos.

Then there was a gal that fell on the stairway, not sure which one you were referring too?

Injured

Post by Guest »

That was very clever... I was referring to the stairway incident.

Post by guest »

That would be Stacy
Mel
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Mel »

"That would be Stacy" What exactly does that mean? Cori...

Post by guest »

Stacy Su, that is the persons name who fell and got hurt- not sure what Mel is talking about - anyway, that is who it was-
Stacy Su

AM CAm Vs. The monster

Post by Stacy Su »

Nice to see I am such a buzz! For those who wanna know. I went to step off the step and fell foward, landed on my face (go figure), knocked myself out, have a conconsion, needed two stiches in my lip (the doctor said it would heal just fine without), knocked my front tooth out of place, bruised both knee caps and sprained my the upper part of my left foot. Today I feel like a mack truck ran over me and this pounding headache just won't go away. But other than that I am doing fine. Thanks to everyone who cared. A bit of advice for anyone going to the Napa Court House again. Watch out for the optical illusion and bring your own first aid kit. :(
Rick Thein

Am CAn vs. The monster

Post by Rick Thein »

Stacy Su,
Sorry to hear you were hurt. I had jury duty in courtroom B, right next door to the Walmart hearing. We heard the sirens but weren't informed about what had happened. Did you fall outside? The reason I ask is that the trial I was on lasted over two weeks, and in the first week I nearly fell leaving the building. They had put yellow stripes on the first step as you go out the doors. But the mat in front of the door had slid forward covering the stripes and so I didn't perseve the step. Luckily another jurer was with me and helped me catch my balance. After that I really paid attention as I left the building. Boy what a place to have an accident, in a lawyers den! I hope your feeling better, and check your purse, you might have a slew of lawyers business cards that weren't there before!
Rick

Glad your ok

Post by Guest »

Ching, Ching, here that cash register ring! Glad you will be ok.
Stacy Su

amcam vs. the monster

Post by Stacy Su »

Guest, you may be a money grubbing monger, but I don't enjoy pain especially when I have two small children to care for. Nor would I wish the pain I am feeling on on my worst enemy. Your accusations are just that and you should keep them to yourself instead of falsley accusing people. God knows my heart and that is enough for me.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Ching, Ching, here that cash register ring! Glad you will be ok.
Maybe Guest just has a sense of humor...
stacy su

amcam vs. the monster

Post by stacy su »

The "Guest" is obviously Cori or however you spell her name. She had stated to people that I had fell on purpose. Cori's insinuations and libelous accusations upon my character is insulting and just goes to show how immoral and unethical Cori's thinking is.
The Guest

"Ching" remark

Post by The Guest »

Stacy Su...The remark "Ching" was not posted by Cori but by me. It was based on Rick Thein's "check your purse, you might have a slew of lawyer's business cards that weren't there before." It was not posted to offend you the way it has. I'm sorry it has caused you to be hurt.
I hope you have a very speedy recovery.
The Guest

Post by The Guest »

FYI: I don't know Cori and I don't care to know Cori...
stacy su

amcam vs the monster

Post by stacy su »

Thank you for concern, I can tell you are sincere by not wanting to know cori.

Ruling is in...

Post by Guest »

According to Vallejo Times Herald the Judge ruled in favor of Walmart yesterday... What's next?

Re: Ruling is in...

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:According to Vallejo Times Herald the Judge ruled in favor of Walmart yesterday... What's next?
They start building the supercenter and our city wont have a pile of durt over there anymore! :D
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Walmart decision

Post by Paul Maguire »

Looks like the city and Walmart won this round.

Unless Amcan united appeals and wins the appeal, it looks like there will be a Supercenter here in American Canyon.

From my understanding, the construction will move forward if there is an appeal, unless Amcan united can get the appellate court to issue another injunction, which would likely prove difficult.

Does anyone know different?

am cam vs. the monster

Post by guest »

From my understanding the "stay" will be in effect through any appeals processes.

Ouch!

Post by Guest »

According to article in the Napa Register yesterday, "Walmart Opponents Hit With Court Cost", the judge ruled that court costs incurred by the City, Buzz Butler and Walmart were to be paid by the groups that sued over this issue. This is above and beyond the $180,000 bond. That has got to hurt! Apparently, all three entities are going to punish the citizens for going up against them.

Follow up to Ouch

Post by Guest »

This isn't punishment. The litigants were all aware of the parameters of their lawsuit before they decided to sue. Put up the bond with the possibility of losing the suit and pay legal fees.

Where is all the money coming from???

Heading to Court Again...

Post by Guest »

According to the paper today, the Anti-WM attorney has filed an appeal with the Appellate Court in SF. In the article, Mr. Butler sounded frustrated. I was surprised and sorry to hear that the community will lose Kathleen Shamet due to relocation.
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Walmart litigation long from over as expected

Post by Paul Maguire »

The litigants are entitled to their day in court, especially if they have to pay legal fees or the bond. Should they prevail on appeal, these costs and the bond go away. THey have no choice but to appeal.

Butler had to expect an appeal by going after legal fees or court costs and the bond. Had this not been at stake, an appeal may not have been a must do.

They say " you create your own problems". This seems to be the case here. Had this thing been on the level from the get go, I doubt this would have ever gotten this far. Clearly this is severe brain damage for any developer.

At the end of the day people get whats coming to em. Thats just how life is. This deal will eventually resolve, and like most court decisions, both sides with not be to happy about it.
Itsy Bitsy

Wheres the money coming from???

Post by Itsy Bitsy »

Wal Mart is paying the for their attorney's, city of American Canyon attorney's and other fees the city will incurr regarding the law suite. Am Can United's attorney is working for free so the group only has to cover court cost.
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

attorneys working for free?????

Post by Paul Maguire »

Attorneys only work for free on TV and in the movies. No, this attorney will ask for and get legal fees if he prevails on appeal. And you can bet it be close at least 250 k or more.