ac high school

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
neo94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

ac high school

Post by neo94503 »

I dont know if im the first one to talk abought this on this forum but when in heck are they gunna biuld a high school napa high justin cena and vintage are bursting at the seams as a high school student this is crazy i talked to the dean at vintage and he said that ac was the third fastest growing city in CA i dont know if thats true but if it is then why have we just been standing by and just letting the schools get out of controll he then said it would probably take three years to build and buy that time the school would be too small and they would be bursting i was just wondering what the city is doing abought this.

Post by Guest »

i dont know when they will start buliding the school....but they need to get on it. I mean i go to vintage and its not that bad...except for the fact that when the year begins there are MORE feshmen then the year before. and its crazy...the first day of school this year was nuts. the quad was jam packed w/ people trying to find there way around campus...by the end of the first semester it was calm...because the freshmen stayed in one place (there hang out place) ...but still A LOT of freshman

Vintage Population last year was 2,700...this year was about 3,000 +...it gets larger every year
neo94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by neo94503 »

yay i know i walk by acms every day taking my sister to school and there are so many kids there plus there sooo small i was like are they even in middel school its crazy the classes just get bigger every year. the vintage population is gunna go through the sratisfear next year.

Post by Guest »

argh!!!! haha yay for me! w/e that sux for me!!! XD
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

AC High School

Post by mindingcitybiz »

It is ludercrious that we don't have a high school. We need one now. The City Council needs to address more of the infrastructure for AC before building more homes. Yes it does cost money to build, but we already have the land and we could start with just the 9th grade and some portable buildings. Good Grief!

full service high school

Post by Guest »

I think if you look at the many opportunities that Vintage High offers you would not be rushing to just set up a few portables and one class. Vintage is an excellent school and when a new high school opens in AmCan it should offer the same well rounded curriculum to our kids. Don't settle for less.

Post by Guest »

I think if you look at the many opportunities that Vintage High offers you would not be rushing to just set up a few portables and one class. Vintage is an excellent school and when a new high school opens in AmCan it should offer the same well rounded curriculum to our kids. Don't settle for less.
You have a great point there. Vintage IS and great school. The only problems i have ever noticed that was between a student and a teacher/administator was because the student had no respect for the adult what so ever. I dont think protables would be the best thing. It would be like ACMS...the portables are jsut so horrible. I think American Canyon needs somthing like Rodriegez (SP) High School. That school is extremely nice...AND you dont have to worrie about your kids cutting...its all in doors! That would be the best for our city...IMO
pumpkin

highschool

Post by pumpkin »

You do not want to rush into a high school that looks like a bunch of portables thrown out into the field and then call it a High school that would not be fair for the kids to go to when they have a good and wonderful school in Napa to go to. My children are going to high school and would not put them in a lesser standard high school just so that they are closer to home. I would like to take the time to research every aspect and have a wonderful school one that even Napa kids want to come to because we have a bigger and newer school and better classes that they would like to have. One would like to see is to have a welding class for the boys or girls that are interested or art, music or even computer classes that they can get a certificate when the graduate and be a head of the game. Yes I know we need a High School yesterday but we have to think this out and not have junck and they say we told you so.
neo94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by neo94503 »

i sorta agree on the last post yes we need a high school and yes we need
to reaserch it but why did the city not think of this i mean duh what lame
head wouldent think of this before even if we stated construction right now it wouldnt be done until im out of high school unless i want to stay back a couple of grades hehehe (not gunna happen) but we just need
to hope that the darn city counel will take a baby step twords it
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

ACHS

Post by mindingcitybiz »

Look many Charter Schools have started in portables. What is the problem started with them and raising the funds for a larger school. Heck majority of the schools in California have portables including acms & donaldson way. But the portables do not and should not be permanate. They are stepping stones to help raise the funds to have the school built. Vintage is overcrowded with 2800 students. Do you really feel all the students are getting a fair education. Is it fair for students to have 2 or more hours out of the day just going back and forth to school. It is a haul. Think of the kids who don't ride the bus and drive back and forth to school or their parents take them. Your removing traffic off the streets by bringing a high school that would be approx. 1200 students to AC. Think about???
neo94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by neo94503 »

its not that portabels are bad its that they really dont toss them out they still use them and they become really vile like in acms i think if there going to build a school they should do it right
mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

VISUAL PRESENTATION OF FUTURE AM CAN HIGH SCHOOL

Post by mattbb61 »

Happy New Year to all! 8)

I recently discovered a great Power Point presentation concerning our future High School at this city web site link:
http://www.ci.american-canyon.ca.us/Dep ... chool.html (cut and paste into your browser if necessary)

Once there, click on the link; it is a wee bit in size, 30 Megs, but is well worth the look :!: